**Time for a few more smilies?**

• Thread starter alex_gt
  • 45 comments
It's quite nice to see a few more smilies added to :gtplanet: for every month or so?

đź’ˇ? I reckon the wall from :banghead:: with a car driving into it and smashing up would be a nice addition?
Picture it:
:banghead::gcar::fire:

And I know we've got the :Police: but how about a proper smilie police car :car: with a blue flashing light on top?

Any other ideas or ready made smilies by people? Or if someone could make one from my suggestions above that'd be good? :smilewink

Once again, I'll have to agree with the Idiot. Its hard to find the smilie you need when you have to look through tons of crap smilies. I know most of the used ones are on the left side of the screen when you type a message with the "preview/formatting options" but a lot of times, its not the one you need. There are 378 smilies and over half of them are barely used. Example: :mario:, :Pinky:, :Pacman:, :bomb:, :hypnotize:, :sonar:, :dodo: (isn't even a dodo!). These are only a fraction of those that aren't ever used.

OA

PS: Here's some more: :embarrassed:pera:, :masked:, :splat:, like 4 different devils, :fro:, :cowboy:, :chef: and so on.

I mean they are nice and all, but when im typing a post im not going to look through a list of 300 odd smileys. I think the only automotive ones I know off by heart are :tvr: :vauxhall: :ford:

I can sympathize with many who have already posted here - I've gone overboard in the past and now there are too many smilies. Adding more that will only be used a maximum of 3-4 times, simply for novelty, is not a priority right now.

(Remember: A smilie does not have to be in our smilie database for you to use it!!!)

Hmm, the only ones I use are "biggrin:, :), ;) and :P.

But something tells me I'd be able to live without them.

The jockstrap is also quite cool. :daewoo:

Also, Jordan, if one wants to scroll 75 middle finger smilies in their signature, they would not be able to unless it was added to the database.

How can we remedy this problem? The only way I see, is to add a middle finger smiley to the database.

This is a serious problem and needs to be addressed ASAP!

Originally posted by Klostrophobic
Also, Jordan, if one wants to scroll 75 middle finger smilies in their signature, they would not be able to unless it was added to the database.

How can we remedy this problem? The only way I see, is to add a middle finger smiley to the database.

This is a serious problem and needs to be addressed ASAP!

i strongly agree.

Originally posted by Klostrophobic

The jockstrap is also quite cool. :daewoo:

:lol:

it's true Daewoo's logo looks like a jockstrap...

we don't need more smilies, 70% of the ones we have are barely used anyway.

Originally posted by gt2_gs
Why is it i dont seem to ever see the :D smilie working?
:D was used before GTPlanet started using vBulletin. When we moved over to the new software, :D replaced it.

Originally posted by Race Idiot
How about we get rid of half the damn smileys everyone never uses.

yeah, and add these.

grinser036.gif
sauer002.gif
grinser017.gif
wuerg022.gif
wuerg024.gif
sauer023.gif
sauer056.gif

Originally posted by   

yeah, and add these.

grinser036.gif
sauer002.gif
grinser017.gif
wuerg022.gif
wuerg024.gif
sauer023.gif
sauer056.gif
Boy, talk about encouraging some thought-provoking, intelligent, levelheaded conversations with those smilies! :rolleyes: :)

Originally posted by Jordan
Boy, talk about encouraging some thought-provoking, intelligent, levelheaded conversations with those smilies! :rolleyes: :)

Well, the one with the, erm, pee, is. How does he get his pee to follow that exact line? It provokes some thought.

Latest Posts

Back