Time Trial #75: 450pp FF Cars @ Suzuka

• Thread starter Doodle
  • 531 comments
Turn 1...

Brake at the white line and aim for the 1st apex. Come off the brakes and the car should rotate (if you have rear brake bias), enabling you to carry speed in to the corner. Coast (no throttle or brakes) to the left hand side of the track as you brake gently for the 2nd apex.... needs gentle braking or the car will just understeer wide.

If you have the rear of the car sliding when you hit the gas you will get wheelspin and this will kill your exit speed.... so you want the rotation early in the corner with the car settled by the apex so you can use maximum throttle.

Do not use the handbrake for anything other than possibly the entry to the Hairpin as it unsettles the car too much.

Тhanks for the imput Stotty on this one. This help me put my Turn 1 in a constant time so now I could make my time in 1st sector more precise btw your remark about the Handbreak make me get a perfect Hairpin entry which help me improve my time. Аlso I start use-ing your BB 0/10 which help more and now I`m at 1.27.300

Last edited:
Only took me about 15 minutes to get back in form! Just ran a 2:23.727 for current P5. Lost about .15 in the last sector from getting nervous.

You gotta have ice water running through your veins there Andrew...like me. :sly: That's why I'm known as Cool Breeze...I'm as cool as the other side of the pillow. :lol:

Seriously though, nice improvement kid. :cheers:

Only took me about 15 minutes to get back in form! Just ran a 2:23.727 for current P5. Lost about .15 in the last sector from getting nervous.

Great time, Andrew 👍

I knew you could go a good bit faster as I've been using your ghost and could make up quite a bit of time in a few places, particularly Spoon.

I think most of it you can work out by looking back through this thread, but I'll post my full tune when I get home tomorrow.

Last edited:
I send him a message through a conversation and I never got a reply

Then you can try asking him here.....wait, you may not have to ask as he just stated he would post it tomorrow so there ya go. 👍

Down to 2:26.129

Should break into the 25's momentarily.

Changed my swaybar settings to 6 front 1 rear, I like it WAY better. slip angle improved for me (had 7/1 prior). Anyone else want to share their final drive ratio? I'm trying 6 right now.

I've got a real trackday next month and a couple in January, I'm going to be pumped!

Last edited:
How can someone do a 2:24.4 with 10 tc? Is that possible? Even on long sweeping turns your speed is cut.

Now that I have gone to 3rd stage weight reduction (only had 1st stage previously) I can just about keep up with one of Doodles ghosts into the 1st corner and am often only about a car length or so at the 1st l/h corner at the top of the hill. But that's where he bolts away and I can only manage 1:05 (occasionally 1.49) at the 1st break.
I have just eased the ballast to -4 to allow the rear end to slide a little on the corners as Doodles does exactly that.
Would be interested in his transmission settings too.

I have managed to get an integra type R (DC2) '99 onto the leaderboard with a 2:25.668 (164th place). Seems to be the only different car on the leaderboard. For me it's around .5 seconds quicker per lap than the DC5 '04.

It's almost new (75.3 miles) , no oil change, stage 3 weight reduction, stage 2 engine, high turbo. Using cb's tune from page 3.

edit - beat it with the '04. They are very evenly matched, '99 has better power to weight ratio, '04 brakes and corners better

Last edited:
I met my goal of a 2:24 last night by getting the last fast left turn figured out, down to a 2:24.621.
I red lapped a .430 by going wide off of turn 9, it cost me a couple tenths on the first section but I stayed with it anyway.
The rest of the lap was about as perfect as I could do, it's amazing how good you can do if your not nervous about messing up a really good lap, lol.

STOTTY ! thanks for the tips that you left here, last night, I improve my time to 2.25.359 with the borrowed car Stewripper!

Thank´s all GTP members !

I HATE CASIO!!!

I have been up as much as 2 even 3 tenths heading into 130R.. Then i lose it all :(

Are any of you guys changing bb for Casio??

Am using 7/10.. I will try your car again stotty, i couldnt get to grips with it the first time, you must be alot smoother than me an when i force the car am using different gears, personally i dont like 4th through the SS's it must be with my deadzone on my dfgt that i need the 3rd an the higher rev to get me around..

But saying that i will try again as i watch markyboys great time his car seems really smooth at casio an this is what i need..

As promised, my set up...

Uses CB's base tune (thanks, CB 👍)

Honda Integra Type R (DC5) '04
New car from dealers, no oil change, change rims

Parts:
Weight reduction stage 3
Window weight reduction
Carbon bonnet
Engine stage 3
Sports ECU
Sports intake manifold
Sports Catalytic converter
Racing exhaust
All other non-power affecting parts

Ballast: 200kg @ pos -50
Power level 98.0%
Makes 276bhp @ 1,199kg for 450ppts

Settings:
Ride -25 +40
Spring 15.0 3.0
Rebound 9 1
Bound 9 1
ARB 7 1
Camber 2.2 0.5
Toe -0.10 -1.00

LSD 5 35 5

Brakes 3 10 (front at 3 was another tip from CB 👍)

Gears: (reset to default, set max speed to min, then set individual gears)
1st 3.686
2nd 2.732
3rd 2.195
4th 1.815
5th 1.519
6th 1.284
Final 3.807

Use 4th through the Esses (other than the right before Dunlop, where 3rd helps maintain the line), 4th through Dunlop and 3rd for Casio.

Still think less ballast could be quicker.

Just watched your .8 lap, Mark... very nice T1 👍

If I could nail a .6 I'd be around a 2'23.8xx!

Haha cheers, if you see the .7 lap you'll see how bad T1 is, prob worse in top 20 or more.... and last sector could be the fastest of anyone or pretty close to.
You'll get there mate :)
Would the car be any faster if you made max speed 147mph? master mechanic? aha, or any other developements?
I think i saw one or two at 141mph but im at 140mph,
Early on i also had the car at 278bhp, not sure what exactly was different and if that would be any faster?
Someones gotta do it for the UK! comon mcbride and stotty!

Haha cheers, if you see the .7 lap you'll see how bad T1 is, prob worse in top 20 or more.... and last sector could be the fastest of anyone or pretty close to.
Would the car be any faster if you made max speed 147mph? master mechanic? aha, or any other developements?
Early on i also had the car at 278bhp, not sure what exactly was different and if that would be any faster?

I'll watch it later 👍

Dunno... I watched the top time and he's using much longer gearing than mine... I'm going to slightly lengthen 2nd and 3rd to help traction out of the Hairpin and to cut a few unnecessary gear changes.

I think you probably had the power that high as you hadn't got weight reduction... that would allow more power, but you want less weight for a better PWR 👍

Your doing a great job mark :)

i was away monday an tuesday helping a mate, an i came home moved TV an now i cant really focus, but i have been up on my time i just struggle so bad at Casio :( with .8 an 42.2 am 2 tenths up on my time 24.157 so a 23 is my target..

I just want a lap where i feel yes thats my best, an say thankyou suzuka :)

One of the top guys has a really short gearbox, For me long 3rd short 4th long 5th an short 6th..

Bed early an i am going to smash this tommorow, goodluck guys

Last edited:
Back