Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,355 comments
We have very juxtaposed electric visions at the moment.

On on hand you have this weird concept bat mobile that has all the grip at the back you would ever need, absolutely no front end and I mean zero.

Then we have the family (cough Tesla rival cough) that handles exactly like a diesel 5 series. It's a better [sic] car handling wise but neither are fun in a race environment.

Absolutely I embrace electric or hydrogen as our future but on a track....I'm not so sure. My cayman was fun in the track my current Merc diesel barge I'd imagine not so much.

These are 2 TTs that feel like they are forcing the issue rather than highlighting anything.

20970655022915124.jpg

Though not the TT, I'm reposting my photo mode picture here as an indication of how I feel about this TT. It's hilarious how quiet it is outside of the car and then you hop into cockpit view and you're suddenly in a spaceship. Gives weird vibes.

Not a fan of these on/off-the-pedal-driving-style cars but I've secured gold and can wait another week for the new TT. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
So I learned my lesson there, no more tuning upgrades. I'm only devoting my money towards colors for my liveries. And for purchasing new cars. I'm not gonna feel bad about it though, I'm sure some of you are thinking, "Why did Chris waste all his money on all that?"

@skydragon49 Cool taxi livery mate!!
There's no shame in spending money on tuning mate. I have multiple copies of most cars tuned to various pp ranges. It's a big part of the game.

After an hour and a half, I gladly close this chapter:

IMG_4421.jpeg

There might still be more than half a second to gain for me, but I'm traumatized by the desperate screeching sound of tyres dying in agony under the burden of having to carry two metric tons of batteries around a twisting and turning racing course...

OK, maybe a bit melodramatic here...🤪

Well Thursday is nokia day....

1000019741.jpg

I wasn't looking forward to start lapping but the wife watching some kind of series so despite the lack of sound from afeela I put on the headphones and went for it.....
It's not realy that bad to drive if you sort of understand it...., first meters were not that bad.... this should hold right 😂
Very wobbly loosy goosey lap but it did the gold trick 😂

1000019742.jpg

1000019743.jpg

At first I was all over the place with the Afeela, then I downloaded @Tidgney 's ghost and things became more clear, so I broke into the gold zone.

After that I changed my controller settings and adjusted the steering up to 5. And driving felt somehow better. Can't explain how but it did. TC 0 as usual and everything else off.

Then another push into a little bit of a safer time.
View attachment 1352138View attachment 1352139
Reminds me of the Johnny Cab:

Managed a 2:15.988 in the AFEELA, currently that puts me 121st. At the time I put the lap in, I was 57th and hoping this might be my first top 100 time, but clearly that was misguided. Optimum is a 2:15.7XX so maybe I could break back into the top 100, but that requires me to be enthused by what I can only describe as the most ... car to ever exist.
1714692092577.png

With the Skoda, currently have a 1:35.299 placing me 589th. Certainly more time to be found in this lap, but I cannot bring myself to drive this oversized vacuum head again. I don't understand why so many of the VGTs are made to have the most awful driving experiences. This thing makes you drive like its a wet track to go fast, you can't even sniff the throttle while you're turning or it'll start understeering. They have the opportunity to make cars with the best driving experiences in the game with VGTs, and yet time after time, they make this rubbish.
1714692320714.png

Probably not going to be giving any more effort to either of these trials for now, so we wait for next week.

First session with the Skoda this evening, yes I’m doing it backwards!! Unlike the slightly dynamic Afeela this thing is utterly horrid, a point and shoot soulless understeery mess; everything we should worry about in an electric future. I loathe it

Very frustrating session on a track I like very much, it was quick in the end but so so so many laps lost understeering into narnia

Yuck

One or two more goes before I go away again and even though I hate it I am going to try and keep the world top 50 streak alive!!

IMG_6665.jpeg

A common theme I see from @NAXEHT and @Dan_Tes for so many TT's: "I don't really like this car." Casually plops it into the top 50-100. :lol:

Anyway...I'm not overly enthused by the AFEELA. As someone who drives with chase cam, it took some getting used to absolutely no sound. I don't even get the transmission whine (or whatever is causing at least SOME noise other than the tires crying out in pain) that those who use bumper or cockpit view get. Non-sound-related comment - two corners keep causing me trouble. The one at the end of sector 3 where my car seems magnetically attracted to the outside wall. And the final turn, where if I'm on a fast lap, it's a guarantee I'm going to jack it up by turning in too late and agonizingly lose multiple tenths as I make my way to the line. :grumpy:
IMG_3125.jpg

Last edited:
Second gold of the day 😎

18f3c494c0253-0e321DC53D8D226824E.5AF533D2220C5786_message_438963486329935_1714701118476.jpg

I said I wasn't going to start this one, because VGTs.... However motivated by the good 1st day result with the Afeela I decided to try a faster vaccum machine. And oh boy.... I did regret that. It took me a while to get used to its dynamics. "break early, release the breaks, let the car roll, yada yada yada...."

Anyways, I hope I don't have to touch it again even though I feel I have more time at Watskin Glen with the damn Skoda.

Edit: all assists off but ABS weak (which is my default anyways) and controler steering set at 10.

Last edited:
Well see I spent a majority of my money on tuning, and the rest towards any cars I buy. I had to sell over 900 of them, I have about 80 cars left in my garage atm. @LSFDRX

I regret wasting my cash on tuning my cars when really half the time they didn't really give me much benefit. It's too late now. I have to start grinding back to where I used to be, the highest I had was around $16M.
That's what i call a proper petrol head! :cheers:

Ok, ....... at least i have to set the alarm for this one too at least one time to make a descent stint on the bigscreen.
so O- sixhundred it was today and 10 minutes later i loaded up the battery :lol:

Took me longer than expected to get into the semi-yeeting-zone but eventually got there.
It's a weird one, you can have a blast of a lap and gain on somany places, i am even faster in some corners than P2, but some corners i'm terribly slow compared to him. :lol:, you can loose ALL your gained time in one corner by even getting to late on throttle.

But managed to set a descent time, altho i stuffed up some faster laps this morning so there is still good time to find!

But not too shabby for the first morning ride

@Dolph Drago i checked the sound that it makes in chase cam..... there is indeed none :lol::lol: man am i glad i play bumpercam :lol::lol:

@Dan_Tes I know you prob. set this lap bragging about the rig while having dinner with friends and 8 bottles of Merlot just to show off at Maggiore one handed while sipping the lost drop out of the bottle....., but i'm comming for you mate :lol::lol:

18f3d2d9acd39-screenshotUrl.jpg

18f3d2da72410-screenshotUrl (1).jpg

Quick go last night. Don't like Maggiore at all so won't spend much time on it. The car is nicer than the track.
Straight into silver, had a gold lap invalidated by a wall caress in the esses after the hairpin.
Might actually get on a gold streak - thank you EVs, please can we have another next week.

Won't really have time to jump on until Sunday. Adulting sucks. 🥵

I hate to admit I'm kinda looking forward to trying the newest Electrolux model. Most of you guys seem to not really hate it... Which is something. Throw down a few laps for me since I can't! 🍻

Another EV TT, another guaranteed gold medal for me, though this one is nowhere near as fun to drive as the Skoda, the afeela is a amorphous soap bar in comparison, which makes me glad I didn't do it in VR (due to a current eye infection, blegh :indiff:)

18f3e55e57d38-screenshotUrl.png

Thankfully liveries for this were funny, and bricks suited it most to me due to its 2,350kg weight

I think the Skoda one is quite hard for me to get a grip on, trying to tame and control the car while driving it. It' much more manageable than the ridiculous Mclaren TT on Suzuka. That thing was a beast to control. So bad I quit after 30 laps. But all TT's have a variety of challenges for everyone. Some may find them easy, others may find them hard/difficult. But that's life.

I think the Skoda one is quite hard for me to get a grip on, trying to tame and control the car while driving it.
That's an interesting way to put it, as the Skoda does not rebel much...all you need to look out for is understeer and the brakes, remembering exactly where to brake and being patient.
It' much more manageable than the ridiculous Mclaren TT on Suzuka.
Exactly, the Skoda does not oversteer one bit, only understeering.

Latest Posts

Back