Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,411 comments
Morning session bring me improvement, but in the meantime, our @Metalgear9493 showed and cut the WR by almost 3 tenths - watching his replay, soon there showed 3 more racers that jumped over Jeddah. One of them is also our @djolliea

My gold stayed, but gap fell to only 2 tenths, so I went to my evening stint.
Following @Tidgney 's guide, I cut 3 more tenths and now my PB is 2:18.141!

18f3fdb739f62-screenshotUrl.jpg

It was great more then half lap, but then came some mistakes, with last corner as critical one - if I passed little better, I would be in 2:17s

This time helped me on friends leaderboard:

18f3fdb4bbd62-screenshotUrl.jpg

I gave it a try to start the weekend. It took me a couple of laps to understand the car. But sneaked in.

1000010943.jpg

I don't know how much improvement would be necessary to be save, but also don't care.

Because tomorrow we prepare for a short trip IRL. I need to drive a car which makes brum brum.

Cheers
Martin

I gave it a try to start the weekend. It took me a couple of laps to understand the car. But sneaked in.

View attachment 1352503

I don't know how much improvement would be necessary to be save, but also don't care.

Because tomorrow we prepare for a short trip IRL. I need to drive a car which makes brum brum.

Cheers
Martin
I found some time behind a pile of broken Skoda batteries 😄
1000010944.jpg

1000010945.jpg

I think, that's it for this one from my side.

Hopefully there will only be E-TTs from now on. Unfortunately, I've forgotten how to change gear in the last two weeks 🙄

Regards
Martin

Alright, did another 300km in the Afeela and managed to break into the 2:14's a handful of times. My fastest lap was 2:14.827, which currently puts me in the top 3 top 4. Quite happy with that. :)

Screenshot_2024-05-04-00-31-02-05_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca.jpg

Screenshot_2024-05-04-00-32-14-11_fff335ca613a5f557fcea787596aedca__01__01.jpg

These EV trials have been surprisingly fun for a change, but I'm hoping next week we can get back to something more conventional.

Last edited:
This time helped me on friends leaderboard:

View attachment 1352501
Hey, I'm on top of someone's leaderboard! :dopey: Now I kindly ask that you please do not add any more friends. :lol:

That's a pretty smooth lap you have there. The final corner is a real ball buster for sure. I mentioned it in my previous post, too. You definitely would have been in the 17's if you could have turned in just a touch sooner. The TT is only 2 days in. No doubt you'll be in the 17's soon! 👍

Aaaahh, friday night. The time to stuff my face in the bottom of a bag of crisps and chase some (TT ghost-)tail.
Except that my youngest son woke up vomiting all over the place. And again. And again.
So instead of running a virtual cleaning machine around a track I had to do some IRL cleaning instead. Without giving out some colorful details about the latter, lets just say I would have preferred the former.

Last edited:
Hey, I'm on top of someone's leaderboard! :dopey: Now I kindly ask that you please do not add any more friends. :lol:
About that.. :P

Turned in some laps today, I know they can essentially 'make up' the handling since the car has no stats but it's actually surprisingly fun to drive, for a big saloon you can really throw it around some turns!

There is definitely a 15.8 in there, I was on for an excellent lap but cut the penultimate turn just a fraction too much and invalidated :nervous: I think I'll have another go though this weekend.
18f40bc99d362-screenshotUrl.jpg
18f40bc668e53-screenshotUrl.jpg

well in that case if I was you , definitely chasing that 33, go for it mate !!!!
Ah bruh I think it’s way too far for me, my optimum was thousands of a second below; I did many laps today. I did laps sober, I did laps tired, I did laps powered by Chianti, Promitivo, Stella Artois, I even did a lap powered by rare Caribbean rum.. but I couldn’t get close 🤣 optimum is still tantalising but my best laps have consistently been a tiny weeny bit better than the last; I’m at my peak!

IMG_6674.jpeg

I think that’s all I got but I’m proud, even if it doesn’t stick for a PB finish, it’s a car I don’t really enjoy driving and grinding something like that and making it stick feels like an achievement!
I am going to assume that you have already tried slipspace and folding time-space for the toe. :D There seems to be quite a few discussions that may help people who can actually drive (which excludes me) about this particular piece of track post-repaving. The gist seems to be a slower turn minimum and a better exit by way of "park and rotate". I am not trying to give advice, I would be thrilled if my laps even began to approximate your worst laps, only asking if you are aware of the discussions about this particular issue. Here is one link:
Keep up the great laps!

Oh mate what a cool video! The strange thing is how this is exactly how I find it feels in the game; amazing how computer games can replicate such a complex corner and the fastest way round mimics real life; the Skoda is a strange one with its understeer on entrance and exit to a corner but the perfect line is not far off what this guy describes. Thanks for posting, really interesting watch 😊
Holy crappies..... how in the world could you set a 33.....??... that's insane mate, would be epic if you got that, we will pray for that!
you realy have made a step forward these last TT's!,

The worst of it all.... Or do I accept another incredibly high finish and move on to the family Dyson?

forgot you already did set a very low .7xx there??!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The humbleness..... :lol::lol::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
🤣🤣🤣 brooooooo humble has never been one of my qualities, I like to call myself realistic 😭😂 if I do bad I’ll say, and likewise if I do good 😁 really in a good zone right now but as we’ve said many many many times before; I bought all the gear and that gives me a competitive advantage; I was only ever an average driver on a pad! I would have died in the bus stop chicane every time without a wheel 😭😭😭

@djolliea insane time mate, really hoping you get a new best placing on this trial. Watching you get better and better each trial is inspirational 🙌🏽🙌🏽

I knew something wasn't right when the timesheet displayed 0.2-0.3 second difference with the likes of @Metalgear9493 and @djolliea :lol: . It was a nice feeling for a few hours guys:D cheers :cheers:. Today I woke up to place 44th and by observing alien attendance trend, that Alien badge dream once again reminds me that it's just a dream:banghead:. @Dan_Tes @Gomario JSP @Evilmuffin @NAXEHT and a handful other fast fellas didn't show up yet. Don't get me wrong, I will fight till the end but let's just say I know where my skill limit is:yuck:
That is going to be a badge mate !, nice time!
Thx for the encouragement mate. Now all you have to do is to wait for the next TT:D
Hey, you're back. Wb, I think that's the highest I've seen you in a ranking board, amazing. I hope this will be my 5th gold once I begin and finish the hot lapping.
Thx Chris we all know U can Gold this one. Keep up the good work mate.
I think that is going to hold, well done 👽

aaand if you can squeeze that tenth you are P18 😮
Thx man. That @Metalgear9493 guy changed everything and drove a lot of Alien attention to it but it's nice to have some good thoughts:)
You must afeela good about that score!:sly:
Haha afeela bittersweet at the moment considering I won't have a lot of screeen time unless I start a house riot:D

I can forsee that I'll have the fastest available ghost for quite some time. So lesser skilled drivers can chase and learn from, and improve their pace and knowledge of driving.
As a lesser skilled driver I can confirm that your first sector is incredible mate. Thx for the ghost. I hope you hold on to P1 for this one.
Aaaahh, friday night. The time to stuff my face in the bottom of a bag of crisps and chase some (TT ghost-)tail.
Except that my youngest son woke up vomiting all over the place. And again. And again.
So instead of running a virtual cleaning machine around a track I had to do some IRL cleaning instead. Without giving out some colorful details about the latter, lets just say I would have preferred the former.
Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets well soon mate.

Last edited:
10 more laps at WC with the Skoda.

Good improvement of best lap but other than that... just a little bit less mistakes this time. Still struggling to find the right amount of braking to apply to not crawl through the turns like a snail and to avoid understeer. And same struggle to apply accelerator on exit to avoid being too wide too soon

20 laps in.

18f42391aa07-screenshotUrl.jpg

Last edited:
Morning folks,

Few laps around Maggiore with the silent......thing...

Must say that I kind of enjoy this one 🙈
Still haven't found a consistent way of yeeting into the last turn which can realy make or crash your lap 😂 ( like all corners can do 🤣 )

But @Dan_Tes bring out more Chiant! , ( and a good whiskey for me ) cause you have work to to mate! 🤣🤣
I had a descent lap in and my short time to shiiinneeeee and partyyyy
1000019811.gif

1000019798.jpg

@BeRSeRKeR_TR I tried mate but that time you did set is fast! Couldn't get near it but ended up in the .6 at least and back into the 60's 😁🤣

1000019799.jpg

10 more laps at WC with the Skoda.

Good improvement of best lap but other than that... just a little bit less mistakes this time. Still struggling to find the right amount of braking to apply to not crawl through the turns like a snail and to avoid understeer. And same struggle to apply accelerator on exit to avoid being too wide too soon

20 laps in.

View attachment 1352596
There are better and faster driver than me (a lot!) but as we have a similar speed it might help you as well. I had trouble to trailbreak this thing but coasting did the job for me. Regarding your place of living coasting should feel natural for you... Right now I am golden with some time left to save. You can do it! 18f428ce5df33-screenshotUrl.jpg

Gotta admit the AFEELA wasn't as bad as I thought - as least it drives like a really heavy 4 door sedan (Toyota Crown?) instead of a hovercraft.

Picked a Japanese Taxi livery as I feel this car is best suited as one. I think my best Sector 1 was 38.11X so maybe 2/10th more to find from my 2:15.830 but it is unlikely that I can string the sectors together.

PD please give us something more mechanical/raw for TT next week.

219D586A-AB63-42B2-BD97-403470FFFDD8.JPEG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

Well done @Metalgear9493 @djolliea, your times are out of this world!

Damn @Gomario JSP just when I thought I am getting closer to you guys...I was 3/10th off your time in 1st sector alone! :scared:

Last edited:
Jeddah is 7th atm!
My useless speculations for the weekend 😉

This thing even doesn't have gears. Of course he could be crazy fast IMO still having the two paddle-fingers left to clean ears meanwhile. 😅

Maybe it's too boring for him without shifting. Could also be that shifting makes the difference at the top of the world and gives him the possibility to do his special "Jeddah-thing".

It could also - which would be pretty cool - a statement. In the Skoda TT he didn't participate at all, if I am not mistaken.

If so, then THANKS @Jeddah for more or less neglecting this specific car-category thing.
You are the guy who is visible. Hopefully KAZ is sitting in front of his leaderboard screen and realizes that too much of SciFi in the game could be, ... too much of SciFi 🤣

Cheers
Martin

Morning folks,

Still haven't found a consistent way of yeeting into the last turn which can realy make or crash your lap 😂 ( like all corners can do 🤣 )

But @Dan_Tes bring out more Chiant! , ( and a good whiskey for me ) cause you have work to to mate! 🤣🤣
View attachment 1352608
View attachment 1352609

@BeRSeRKeR_TR I tried mate but that time you did set is fast! Couldn't get near it but ended up in the .6 at least and back into the 60's 😁🤣

View attachment 1352610

Pfffff....it's just extraordinary... Bravo to you my friend..👏👏👏👏 you continue to do good TTs as if you had always done that... respect my friend...:bowdown::bowdown:
Well I'll stop with the compliments and let's get down to business !!!! 🤣🤣
Where did you put our dear friend @Evilmuffin Why don't you wait for him ??? 🤣🤣 It's not nice !!!! 🤣🤣

Morning folks,

View attachment 1352608
View attachment 1352609

View attachment 1352610

It's good old Carlton, (from Fresh Prince Bel-air). OMG, you beat Dan by a tiny margin.

Life got busy suddenly so haven't had time to turn on PS att all for few days. First session with AFEELA, happy with first attempt. still things to learn.
1000021780.jpg

And big thanks to @Metalgear9493 for the ghost 👻 I checked your replay, that was so we'll executed you deserve your WR big time!!! Congrats!!!
And that beer 🍺 when I finally visit Australia 🦘 , you just got one more on me, now be careful how many WR you should hold 😁😁😁😁

I could basically c&p @Barareklam 's post if it weren't for the second between us :)

1714816907050.png

• Also very busy at the moment as I just took over a new project at work which occupies a lot of my time, hope this will normalise in the next few weeks.
  • Also first session with the Afeela, and quite happy with the result
  • Also thanks to @Metalgear9493 for the ghost :) It got me into gold in the second (valid) lap already, and the lap above came around the 30 minute mark. Nice!
I'll try to improve a bit more to secure top 1000. This will probably require a 2:16.3xx though.

Pfffff....it's just extraordinary... Bravo to you my friend..👏👏👏👏 you continue to do good TTs as if you had always done that... respect my friend...:bowdown::bowdown:
Well I'll stop with the compliments and let's get down to business !!!! 🤣🤣
Where did you put our dear friend @Evilmuffin Why don't you wait for him ??? 🤣🤣 It's not nice !!!! 🤣🤣
I'm busy driving a van at Nurburgring 🤪

Back