Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,697 comments
Hopped back in the Afeela myself. I could pick up a tenth or two if I could just get through sector 1 with a decent time. I had possibly my best ever sector 3 and somehow didn't flub up the final sector when I saw my split. Usually my nerves get to me and it's a fail. :lol: With 3 days left, I'm not sure my time will keep me in the top 200. I don't necessarily feel like coming back to it.
IMG_3150.jpg

Hopped back in the Afeela myself. I could pick up a tenth or two if I could just get through sector 1 with a decent time. I had possibly my best ever sector 3 and somehow didn't flub up the final sector when I saw my split. Usually my nerves get to me and it's a fail. :lol: With 3 days left, I'm not sure my time will keep me in the top 200. I don't necessarily feel like coming back to it.
View attachment 1354944

That bollard was close mate 😂😂
Nice lap, very satisfying last corner 😁

That last corner was buttery smooth 👌

View attachment 1354944

Great time!!

Thanks! So many times I've run wide and invalidated my lap at that corner. I nearly invalidated it the other way. :lol:
That last corner was buttery smooth 👌

Great time!!
Thanks! The last corner felt great for once. Usually I only hit it right when the rest of my lap has been crap. :P

Inching closer to a 2nd electric gold. Had a 18.0 deleted for track limits.

IMG_4316.jpeg

Absolutely nowhere with the Scirocco, closer to bronze than gold. I find it great fun to drive but no clue how to find the speed - haven’t really driven the FF cars much in this game (especially the racing versions).

Well Sunday is over. Me and my mom went to the amusement park in our town in Raleigh. And we stayed until 5pm, and had to travel home so we didn't get back until 7:30pm and had to unpack our refreshments, supplies, etc. I hope everyone had a splendid mother's day with their mother's. Never forget mom on her special day, so I had to curb my Playstation time today. We left home about 9am this morning.

The traffic was heavy some, I guess we weren't the only ones planning a trip. Well it's back to work at Maggiore.

Last edited:
As per my usual antics I've arrived late to the party again, only just finally getting around to the Afeela TT at Lago Maggiore. Luckily for me, this is one of my favourite fictional circuits in the game, and I've enjoyed lapping this layout for the last few years. It wasn't long before I managed to crack into gold territory and post a 2:18.0XX, close enough to call it a 2:18 flat. I'm keen to try post something in the 17's so I'll have a go over the next couple of days, but I'm happy with that as a first effort (approx. 12 laps). Much more so than the Skoda TT, that's for sure! I'll post a pic of my ridiculous livery tonight...

After they sent me back down to earth I tried to follow the aliens' advice. Even added racing stripes to my livery, but still to no avail. Apparently after hitting my ceiling on day one I hit a wall and now I'm in over my head where I don't now which way is up anymore :D

Usually I don't do this many stints, but the car handles great and I can get it to rotate a lot with 1/2 to 2/3 throttle on corner exits. Even scratched my PB several times and OPT says there are still some tenths left on the table, but I can't seem to string it together, let alone improve into the 27's. Was nice to sniff the air up there though. Top 1000 is still a great result for my skillset.

Edit: as a German, I do enjoy the occasional sausage. Scirocco not so much.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240512230540.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240511115452.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240510012958.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240509224836.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240509214307.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240512230638.png
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca_.jpeg
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__2.jpeg
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__5.jpeg
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__4.jpeg

Meanwhile, some progress at Maggiore.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240512225312.png
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240512225301.png

Last edited:
After they sent me back down to earth I tried to follow the aliens' advice. Even added racing stripes to my livery, but still to no avail. Apparently after hitting my ceiling on day one I hit a wall and now I'm in over my head where I don't now which way is up anymore :D

Usually I don't do this many stints, but the car handles great and I can get it to rotate a lot with 1/2 to 2/3 throttle on corner exits. Even scratched my PB several times and OPT says there are still some tenths left on the table, but I can't seem to string it together, let alone improve into the 27's. Was nice to sniff the air up there though. Top 1000 is still a great result for my skillset.

Edit: as a German, I do enjoy the occasional sausage. Scirocco not so much.

View attachment 1355049

How the h*ll did you managed that??? :lol: :lol:
I ran somany miles here allready and with some good old salami's most of the time i'm the first one to hit the ring of Saturn on them but nomatter what i tried it just won't go up.... it does roll on 2 tires but never went over, this is kind of an achievement mate! :lol::lol::lol:

@Metalgear9493 as you prob. know by now we are all very happy and glad you provide us with you ghost all the time, that is appriciated by everyone and made a lot of players( including myself ) a lot faster in the game, thanks mate 🤙

Last edited:
I'm having a strange old time with the Scirocco. On Thursday, when it came out, I did around 100 miles and got a 1:28.394 towards the end of that session. Since then I've driven almost 500 miles and bar a 1:28.490 and a couple of 1:28.58x times, I've come nowhere near my time set on Thursday. I've played with ASM off and on given it has helped some people, tried ABS weak and default, but no luck. Curiouser and curiouser.

As usual, a bit of perspective is required before beating myself up. I'm almost bang on a second behind the leader and two or three years ago I would have bitten your arm off to be that close to the front.

Last couple of weeks I tried to fiddle with the ABS settings and found out that for Gr3 cars I set a better time with ABS at weak, it just brakes stronger, and for Gr4 I leave it at default, because Weak sometimes locks up the fronts and I have trouble turning in to the corner.

For this TT I completely forgot to check what ABS settings I had, I set a 1:28.205 I think, chasing the 27s, I must check today. And yes, ASM didn't do much for me, I wasnt slower or quicker, feels the same.

Well Sunday is over. Me and my mom went to the amusement park in our town in Raleigh. And we stayed until 5pm, and had to travel home so we didn't get back until 7:30pm and had to unpack our refreshments, supplies, etc. I hope everyone had a splendid mother's day with their mother's. Never forget mom on her special day, so I had to curb my Playstation time today. We left home about 9am this morning.

The traffic was heavy some, I guess we weren't the only ones planning a trip. Well it's back to work at Maggiore.
While I'm sure that's all wonderful, this is still the Time Trial Discussion thread rather than the What Did You Get Up To Today thread. And you do seem to spend a lot more time talking about what it is you've been up to today in this thread than you do actually improving your time in the Time Trials

Please also bear in mind that there are a lot of people who use this thread who are either old enough that their parents are expectedly not around any more or unfortunate enough that their parents are unexpectedly not around any more and won't necessarily appreciate this sort of instructional sentiment. And that it was only "mother's day" (surely "mothers' day", as it celebrates mothers, not mother) in the USA; in the UK it was two months ago.

And that it was only "mother's day" (surely "mothers' day", as it celebrates mothers, not mother) in the USA; in the UK it was two months ago.
Just an FYI, it was also Mother's Day in South Africa, Australia and NZ yesterday - potentially more places, but that's the ones on my radar. The UK is the outlier in this instance. ;)

But back on the original topic - has anyone got any recommendation on the ever controversial sausage straddling approach at Laguna Seca? Is it better to run wide and avoid them completely, or to straddle them like one does at Dragon Trail Gardens?

How the h*ll did you managed that??? :lol: :lol:
I ran somany miles here allready and with some good old salami's most of the time i'm the first one to hit the ring of Saturn on them but nomatter what i tried it just won't go up.... it does roll on 2 tires but never went over, this is kind of an achievement mate! :lol::lol::lol:
Idk, held the steering on full lock and it just flipped :scared:

But back on the original topic - has anyone got any recommendation on the ever controversial sausage straddling approach at Laguna Seca? Is it better to run wide and avoid them completely, or to straddle them like one does at Dragon Trail Gardens?
I find that cutting T9 works ok without unsettling the car too much. T4 and T6 works best for me when getting as close to the sausage, but not going over it. The car definetly has enough ground clearance to clear all sausages, but it hasn't made me faster as it's pretty difficult to hit them correctly. Going too far over invalidates a lap and to really work on a sausage eating line feels way to inconsistent. Would be interesting to know how the quicker peepz in here go about it.

Last edited:
I'm having a strange old time with the Scirocco. On Thursday, when it came out, I did around 100 miles and got a 1:28.394 towards the end of that session. Since then I've driven almost 500 miles and bar a 1:28.490 and a couple of 1:28.58x times, I've come nowhere near my time set on Thursday. I've played with ASM off and on given it has helped some people, tried ABS weak and default, but no luck. Curiouser and curiouser.

As usual, a bit of perspective is required before beating myself up. I'm almost bang on a second behind the leader and two or three years ago I would have bitten your arm off to be that close to the front.
mmm... sounds strange mate,

I can't speak for a wheel-user ASM wise, but for me on controller it dit nothing...

I know i made a big difference in time by exit T5 in 4th , often i briefly search for the apex in 3th and give a tiny bit of throttle to not get to close to the inner curb and when i hit the curb full pull in 4th.... you can realy step on it early and it will pull you uphill nicely.
Plus T10... i just can't get it to work staying in 4th....., i hit 3th and sometimes even need to give extra throttle to avoid the inner salami, then exit in 4th again... for me seems to be the way to go..

Maby throw in your lap here and then we can compare splits to see where the problem lies?

Laguna_Seca.svg.png

Last edited:
I couldn't answer your question, I avoid them when in doubt, in T4 sometimes even putting them under the car.

But on the subject one thing I noticed: I stopped running over them when I stopped looking at them. I used to think my input accuracy was the problem, and I would often end up with my tires on them, even if I didn't want to.
Then I started forcing myself to look at the curb instead of the sausage, and, as if by magic, things went much better.
it's really true that thinking about where to go is much worse than looking at where you want to go and letting the body do the rest. At least I think

mmm... sounds strange mate,

I can't speak for a wheel-user ASM wise, but for me on controller it dit nothing...

I know i made a big difference in time by exit T5 in 4th , often i briefly search for the apex in 3th and give a tiny bit of throttle to not get to close to the inner curb and when i hit the curb full pull in 4th.... you can realy step on it early and it will pull you uphill nicely.
Plus T10... i just can't get it to work staying in 4th....., i hit 3th and sometimes even need to give extra throttle to avoid the inner salami, then exit in 4th again... for me seems to be the way to go..

Maby throw in your lap here and then we can compare splits to see where the problem lies?

View attachment 1355075
Thanks for the thoughts. I'll try the T5 in 4th idea. In T10 I do what you do - 4th-3rd-4th. If I remember tonight I'll record my best lap and put it on here. I know sector 1 is an issue, because although I've done a few .4xx, I'm regularly very high .5xx or worse. :cheers:

Back