Time Trial Discussion

• Thread starter seadog777
  • 25,719 comments
Count me as another who managed a time in my first sessionn in the Scirocco that I haven't been able to match since. I spent a good amount of time lapping Laguna last night and for a number of laps I felt like I was really in the zone - that special place where you start reeling off fast laps one after another without really any feeling like you're in danger of losing control - but still didn't get within a couple tenths of my previous PB.

I've come nowhere near my time set on Thursday.
Count me as another who managed a time in my first sessionn in the Scirocco that I haven't been able to match since.

Thank you guys for handing me an excuse why I couldn't get into the top 1,000 #sciroccogate ;)
Did my first session yesterday and got a 1:28.7xx. Not bad by any means, but still slightly disappointing.

As usual, a bit of perspective is required before beating myself up. I'm almost bang on a second behind the leader and two or three years ago I would have bitten your arm off to be that close to the front.

Yep, I share that sentiment. Even being able to consistently hit gold was way out of reach for me just a few months ago.

Last edited:
Thanks for the thoughts. I'll try the T5 in 4th idea. In T10 I do what you do - 4th-3rd-4th. If I remember tonight I'll record my best lap and put it on here. I know sector 1 is an issue, because although I've done a few .4xx, I'm regularly very high .5xx or worse. :cheers:
My fastest times I stayed in 4th for both those turns but when I miss by a few mph I need a quick drop to 3rd to rotate. It's hard to get it just right!

Finland, too. Don't forget about Finland!
Where?

Apropos of the Time Trial, I had a little time this morning and what I usually do is go out, set an invalidated sighter lap (by just lightly abusing track limits somewhere that doesn't gain me [much] time) on the pad to see how far away from Gold I am, and then contemplate how much time I need to sink into it and whether I may need to switch to the wheel.

Today, however, the splits seemed okay so I decided to complete the lap...

1715604037386.png

One and done, I guess 😎

Sorry, I'll try to be more on topic here. Anyways I need to find a replay that someone clocked a mid 2'18.000, I searched through 5-10 pages near my rank and I couldn't find any replays or ghosts. So can someone give me a tag I can search in the showcase? @Famine do you have a replay I can look at? If not, that's okay.

I'm just trying to piece together what parts of the track I'm losing time at so I can polish up my driving habits there.

My fastest times I stayed in 4th for both those turns but when I miss by a few mph I need a quick drop to 3rd to rotate. It's hard to get it just right!
Yeah I haven't really been able to determine which is the faster way. Staying in 4 is faster if you hit it just right, but sometimes I drop to third and really accelerate through most of the corner and that's pretty fast too...

Let me know guys if you have a replay you'd like to share for me, a time between 2'18.300 and 2'19.000. That would be enough for gold if I could get a sub 2'18.300 time. I'll be checking the forums later on so message me if you have to (send me a PM). I'm struggling here, seriously.

@Famine do you have a replay I can look at?
Mine's a 2:17.4, but sure:

You'll want to be cutting the kerbs at T3/T4 (the left/right before the downhill straight through S1), and as much as you can get away with for T6/7/8/9/10 (left/right/left/left/right onto the straight before the bowl hairpin) and T11 (the bowl hairpin). In each case, time gained there is carried all the way through a huge amount of track.

Well Sunday is over. Me and my mom went to the amusement park in our town in Raleigh. And we stayed until 5pm, and had to travel home so we didn't get back until 7:30pm and had to unpack our refreshments, supplies, etc. I hope everyone had a splendid mother's day with their mother's. Never forget mom on her special day, so I had to curb my Playstation time today. We left home about 9am this morning.

The traffic was heavy some, I guess we weren't the only ones planning a trip. Well it's back to work at Maggiore.
Good on you. Some things (actually, A LOT of things... like, a lot of a lot of things) are more important than Gran Turismo. Especially since the TTs run for two weeks.
:cheers:

Last edited:
I missed the Skoda TT due to being busy and away for a couple of days.
But yesterday I had a relaxed day and spent my Sunday evening with GT7

Time to tackle the TT at Maggiore
To be honest, I expected a hard time and really not liking this one. But I was pleasantly surprised by the AFEELA
Breaks are not great and it suffers from understeer. You also have to get used to the weight transfer.
But after a couple of laps I figured it out and it's actually an easy car to drive. To my surprise I even had fun :lol:

Didn't take me long to get into gold territory.
I'm actually really surprised by this. Sure, there's still a large gap to the aliens here, but this might be my best position yet.
Previously I was mostly going for silver, I don't think I've ever been in top 10.000 or even top 8.000 if this holds.
ttlm.png

After that I did around 15 laps at Laguna Seca
Initial goal was to get below 1.30, which I managed to do - barely.
Also just out of Gold :grumpy:
ttls.png

The Scirocco is fun to drive. My problem is understeer, especially accelerating out of turns.
And man, those sausage curbs at Laguna Seca are deadly ☠️

Optimal was a low 1.29
Gold is within reach. I just have to get a good lap in. I'll keep trying that one.

Back from holiday, I tried out the Scirocco. I was quite nervous because I didn't know whether I would be able to shift gears at all after two electro TTs and one week holidays 😅

It took some time to get used to the FF. Then it worked more or less.
But I immediately get lazy recognizing to be in a range that could be stable gold 🙄

1000011750.jpg

Cheers
Martin

After they sent me back down to earth I tried to follow the aliens' advice. Even added racing stripes to my livery, but still to no avail. Apparently after hitting my ceiling on day one I hit a wall and now I'm in over my head where I don't now which way is up anymore :D

Usually I don't do this many stints, but the car handles great and I can get it to rotate a lot with 1/2 to 2/3 throttle on corner exits. Even scratched my PB several times and OPT says there are still some tenths left on the table, but I can't seem to string it together, let alone improve into the 27's. Was nice to sniff the air up there though. Top 1000 is still a great result for my skillset.

Edit: as a German, I do enjoy the occasional sausage. Scirocco not so much.

View attachment 1355039View attachment 1355040View attachment 1355043View attachment 1355044View attachment 1355045View attachment 1355053View attachment 1355046View attachment 1355047View attachment 1355048View attachment 1355049

I flipped it too - in VR. Very weird flipping a car in VR! First 5 seconds vid.. 😆
GT7- PSVR2- Scirocco -WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca TT flipped out.jpg

After they sent me back down to earth I tried to follow the aliens' advice. Even added racing stripes to my livery, but still to no avail. Apparently after hitting my ceiling on day one I hit a wall and now I'm in over my head where I don't now which way is up anymore :D
WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca__4.jpeg
I think I found your problem, my friend. Laguna Seca is in America, not Australia! :lol:

Where?

Apropos of the Time Trial, I had a little time this morning and what I usually do is go out, set an invalidated sighter lap (by just lightly abusing track limits somewhere that doesn't gain me [much] time) on the pad to see how far away from Gold I am, and then contemplate how much time I need to sink into it and whether I may need to switch to the wheel.

Today, however, the splits seemed okay so I decided to complete the lap...

View attachment 1355093

One and done, I guess 😎
Just came here to say the something similar, did 1 lap and that was enough to secure gold very comfortably. I did a couple more laps afterwards because I almost felt cheated. :D

Surprisingly fun combo, I can see why people have been enjoying it.

Gave the Scirocco a go around Laguna Seca last night. This combo feels quite challenging although I'm not sure why that is. I think the Claymores on the inside of the corners are not helping. Especially struggling with getting the braking zone right for the Cork Screw as well as the left hander before the Cork Screw, the exit of the Cork Screw and the following left hander. That whole sector is easily my weakest point of the track.

Currently sitting at a 1:28.373 which places me 533rd currently, and 1 millisecond ahead of @Dolph Drago and @Dan_Tes :drool: I'm sure that won't last very long and you will both be a couple of tenths up the road.

May come back to this one again depending on what the next trial is. From last night's session it doesn't feel like I have much left in me. Couldn't even come close to matching that lap in my subsequent laps and optimum was only a tenth improvement.

Finally ran a 2nd stint in the Afeela Sunday night because my very precarious 1-stint gold time dropped to silver.

Came up with a result I can be happy with. Might be able to get a little more out with some effort but won't have time. This was a fun TT, and I like the circuit. Wish I had a little more time on it. I enjoy running my Ferraris around it in the 700pp challenge for fun :)

TT_Maggiore_Afeela.jpeg

Tiny improvement last night. I had a feeling yesterday that 28.9 will be possible, but @Gogga might be out of my reach. Highly dependable of my amounts of energy and time today and tomorrow evening. Then next tt gets in the way.
View attachment 1355256View attachment 1355257
You are very close to to 1:28s. Keep pushing, you will get there. The fwd handles like a dream.

I've hit a brick wall with this one. My 2nd stint, I went down from a .891 to 865. Drove it for a few more laps and called it a day. I haven't been motivated to run these these lately. Before it was all I did in my playtime.

@Gorefast reignited my love for drifting. Been spending my time getting sideways now :D

Morning fellow addicts, or evening ofcourse...

Had another go at the sunset run this morning..
My brown ice cubed decaled Scirocco didn't get that happy on track anymore som i made a different more agressive livery.... :lol: :lol:

My own little mad Bee :lol:

20970236977173682.jpg

After some miles i was on to something but kept stuffing it up, very frustrating!

This was like......

Noooooooooooooo Monicaaaaaaaaaaaaa

After that lap the focus was kind of gone...
Did manage to squeez out a PB with a 27.950 ( comming from a .962 :lol::lol: ) but it's in there somewhere?!!
just can't get it out :lol::lol:

Happy laps folks, i'm of to work .........yeeeyyy :banghead::lol:

As per my usual antics I've arrived late to the party again, only just finally getting around to the Afeela TT at Lago Maggiore. Luckily for me, this is one of my favourite fictional circuits in the game, and I've enjoyed lapping this layout for the last few years. It wasn't long before I managed to crack into gold territory and post a 2:18.0XX, close enough to call it a 2:18 flat. I'm keen to try post something in the 17's so I'll have a go over the next couple of days, but I'm happy with that as a first effort (approx. 12 laps). Much more so than the Skoda TT, that's for sure! I'll post a pic of my ridiculous livery tonight...
My ridiculous livery...

18f741b21651-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_439203268490265_1715637767540.jpg

Back