To those still frustrated at the Course Creator's delay...

United States
FL, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Milky Way
TeamACRZARacingo
GyroxOpex
I was going to write a long diatribe on this topic, but I'll just put it like this:

PD are no doubt as frustrated with themselves and the circumstances surrounding the delay as you are. They need your support as this is no doubt a very difficult time for them. Hating on them for something they're hating on themselves for is not fair.

If you want, you can use this thread to discuss the delay, but please, no PD-bashing.

Given that they're adding expanded track support for the GPS Data Logger first released back in 1.04, it's most certainly not already there....

And you kids know what this means.....

Just wondering that is all. There are some features they advertised on the game pkging that I actually would like to use/play and kinda feel slighted that they haven't delivered yet on them sure. But for me I have gotten plenty of my moneys worth in the game and continue to do so because I love to race online and there is still lots and lots of online racing in this game that I'm enjoying.

Just wondering that is all. There are some features they advertised on the game pkging that I actually would like to use/play and kinda feel slighted that they haven't delivered yet on them sure. But for me I have gotten plenty of my moneys worth in the game and continue to do so because I love to race online and there is still lots and lots of online racing in this game that I'm enjoying.
The only feature on my GT6 case that we don't have is that you can "access and create online events using web based enabled devices," which is basically the community features. The course maker and b-spec is only listed on the website where it states that it is in development.

I haven't played GT6 for like 8 to 9 months

And if the course creator was finally released, I will play GT6 again!

I was going to write a long diatribe on this topic, but I'll just put it like this:

PD are no doubt as frustrated with themselves and the circumstances surrounding the delay as you are. They need your support as this is no doubt a very difficult time for them. Hating on them for something they're hating on themselves for is not fair.

If you want, you can use this thread to discuss the delay, but please, no PD-bashing.
You're characterizing this like your best mate is all bent out of shape because he left the back gate open and the dog got out and hasn't been seen for a week. This is business not friendship, and PD is due any and all criticism based on the product they put out, how well it works, and how complete it is, how it stacks up to the competition and any number of other ways consumers routinely measure value. Saying nice things on an anonymous internet forum isn't going to help them make better decisions, allocate their resources more efficiently, plan any better or get the work done any quicker. An internet forum filled with justifiable discontent over real shortcomings with the product, might make them stand up and take notice.

In short, they got our support when we shelled out literally $100's of millions for GT5/6. If that isn't enough support for them, they should take up another profession.

I Honestly would like a refund. I Actually feel Duped and Ripped off. But would I go through the pains of a class action? No... Ill just vote with my wallet. No more future PD products for this guy.
That's what you said in April. I'm curious why you felt the need to make a new account to come and tell us again.

Incidentally, please read what the FAQ says about multiple accounts.

You're characterizing this like your best mate is all bent out of shape because he left the back gate open and the dog got out and hasn't been seen for a week. This is business not friendship, and PD is due any and all criticism based on the product they put out, how well it works, and how complete it is, how it stacks up to the competition and any number of other ways consumers routinely measure value. Saying nice things on an anonymous internet forum isn't going to help them make better decisions, allocate their resources more efficiently, plan any better or get the work done any quicker. An internet forum filled with justifiable discontent over real shortcomings with the product, might make them stand up and take notice.

In short, they got our support when we shelled out literally $100's of millions for GT5/6. If that isn't enough support for them, they should take up another profession.
They're still human at the end of the day. They go there, work their fingers to the bone for us, try their damnedest to make the Course Creator work with technology from 2005 that wasn't meant for it, and then some of them come home and log on to GTPlanet to see all these scathing comments from people like myself who have no idea what it takes. Business or not, continuing to bash them for circumstances most likely beyond their control is just wrong.

Last edited:
I'm not frustrated, they will keep their promises :cool:

As they did with Red Bull X Challenges, Senna content, circuito de la Sierra, Quick Match, 3D, Data Logger and others.... :cool:

But some people are real, really impatient, bub! :rolleyes:

They're still human at the end of the day. They go there, work their fingers to the bone for us, try their damnedest to make the Course Creator work with technology from 2005 that wasn't meant for it, and then some of them come home and log on to GTPlanet to see all these scathing comments from people like myself who have no idea what it takes. Business or not, continuing to bash them for circumstances most likely beyond their control is just wrong.
Who is this arbiter of "wrong"? Do what you like and let others do what they like. If the staff at PD don't have a thick enough skin to wade through the bs and get through to the well thought out and constructive criticism of which there is plenty here, and learn from the quality feedback on this forum, maybe they shouldn't tune in here or find another profession more suited to their delicate disposition.

If you're gonna hang with the big dog you can't just sit on the porch, you have to lift your leg once in a while.

Who is this arbiter of "wrong"? Do what you like and let others do what they like. If the staff at PD don't have a thick enough skin to wade through the bs and get through to the well thought out and constructive criticism of which there is plenty here, and learn from the quality feedback on this forum, maybe they shouldn't tune in here or find another profession more suited to their delicate disposition.

If you're gonna hang with the big dog you can't just sit on the porch, you have to lift your leg once in a while.
I'm not going to argue every point in that post and instead pose you this question: Would you like to be on the other side of this? No wonder PD doesn't announce delays here - instead of being greeted with understanding and thanks for giving us an update to the situation, they'd be greeted with hatred and acidity. Because, you know, we "love" them.

The OP is seeing people eagerly waiting for the Course Creator but I ask - where ? No one is waiting for anything anymore. It'll eventually land and people will download it ("oh look...it's the thingy..") Few months ago - yes you could still see glittering eyes at any mention of it.

Now ?

empty-party.jpg

Ah and don't worry OP - PD is fine as they couldn't give a flying arse what people say. If they did GT would be a different game. (not necessarily better)

@TeamCZRRacing
To the OP.

I am not hating on PD for the course maker delay. I am hating them for releasing updates with useless crap that the game does not need.

Following the constant broken promises from GT5 to the current GT6 is what is making me not want to support them. I could care less about anything they "say" because now they will have to prove to me they even care about what they promise to US the players.

As of the update with the temperature gauges I have lost all respect for this game series in general and will no longer support it. GT7 is going to have to impress me greatly for me to even buy it. I already sold my PS4. Sooo basically I am already in the process of walking away from this series and the developer's pure lack of respect for its players. So if I am going to continue playing this series they need to fix what it broken, keep their promises, overall impress me or I am done.

P.S.
I used to be one of the people who would constantly defend this series probably like you are now. But through constantly seeing first hand of all of the useless updates and useless features added PD has pushed me away.

By the time all the hyped features arrive on GT, I`ll be with Xbox on Forza again. But that isn't relevant. What is, is the Course Creator. I will give it another few months until it is released. If it isn't, my hope for it will be lost. Or could be released on December 5/6th. The 1 year anniversary of GT6. Don't get excited anyone, just what I think could possibly happen.

@TeamCZRRacing
To the OP.

I am not hating on PD for the course maker delay. I am hating them for releasing updates with useless crap that the game does not need.

Following the constant broken promises from GT5 to the current GT6 is what is making me not want to support them. I could care less about anything they "say" because now they will have to prove to me they even care about what they promise to US the players.

As of the update with the temperature gauges I have lost all respect for this game series in general and will no longer support it. GT7 is going to have to impress me greatly for me to even buy it. I already sold my PS4. Sooo basically I am already in the process of walking away from this series and the developer's pure lack of respect for its players. So if I am going to continue playing this series they need to fix what it broken, keep their promises, overall impress me or I am done.

P.S.
I used to be one of the people who would constantly defend this series probably like you are now. But through constantly seeing first hand of all of the useless updates and useless features added PD has pushed me away.
I'm not sure the gauges update was entirely useless - in fact, I'm thinking they're subtly hinting at simulating the different engine temperatures as well, and not just tire temps.

Back