Tuner Wars by Harvey Wallbanger (First 2 battles joined 12/6/11)

XDesperado67

The Harvey Wallbanger
Premium
United States
Hillsboro Oregon
XDesperado67
XDesperado67
Okay so we have been enjoying the various F.I.T.T. competitions lately. The are a great way to get large numbers of the tuning community involved in friendly well organized events.

That said there is plenty of room for other forms of competition involving tuners.

Recently a forum member made a request for a tune of the Fiat Panda in both the Clueless and Outlaw garage threads. We decided to have some fun with this and turned it into a mini Panda battle between 3 tuners from the two garages. Some smack was talked in both garages, cars were tuned and some quick informal testing was conducted. End result was a lot of fun for all involved and three good tunes for the mighty Panda.

This brings us to this thread. Instead of the large structured events like we run in F.I.T.T. here you can see the tuners call out challenges to each other and talk a little smack with some quick down and dirty tuning and testing. Nothing overly complicated or formal here, just quick little battles between a few tuners.

Sometimes these may involve requests for tunes made in the forum or various garages. Sometimes they might be a tuner calling out another on a car both have tuned.

So here it is the GTPlanet Tuning Forums own war zone.
Let the battles begin!:cheers::gtpflag:

Last edited:
Lets start this off with a war between pickups. 550 PP on RS tires. Post your tunes here. Lets see what the GTP community can bring to online racing. :sly:

So after the Panda battle krenkme over at Clueless tunes is looking for some payback, and the Outlaws are ready to defend their win.

Now I've had a running discussion with krenkme for some time about doing a comparison of the two MR Kei cars, namely the Honda Beat Z and the Mazda AZ-1 Autozam.
So this will be a sort of mixed comparison between the two cars and tuner showdown.

We're looking for tunes of both cars at both 420PP on Sports Softs and at max/450PP on Racing Softs.

The 420PP tunes are to be tested on the Lightweight K Cup Seasonal race using the Deep Forest track. Best time for entire race, and a hotlap done in practice mode with tire wear/fuel consumption on and grip set to real.

The max/450PP tunes are to be tested on the Japanese 90's Challenge seasonal race using the Trial Mountain (reverse) track. Best time for entire race, and a hotlap done in practice mode with tire wear/fuel consumption on and grip set to real.

Anyone is welcome to post tunes for these cars and/or test them and give feedback.

Looking to find out which is the better MR Kei car between the two so drivers please include which car you like better and why.

Challenge 2!

DaDog is looking for a 550PP Truck on Racing Soft tires for use online. He prefers the F150 lightnings looks but is open to trying any truck. His test track of choice is Deep Forest.

ACSR421 is already out front in this battle as he has a F150 tune he's polishing for DaDog already. Can another tuner and or truck knock him off?:D

this is gonna be fun , short battles , lots of poking , i'll be happy to test em all :D

I don't have the F150, but i think difficult to beat the dodge ram 1500 laramie, with only 546PP it's 1'12" online easy. Don't see anything faster in this categorie.. ???

Ok, for the 550 pp RS pickup challenge tuners have until Sunday to post tunes I'm not picky on time if this is too soon let me know. They should be tuned for online use but will be tested offline for sharing purposes. The track will be Deep Forest and winner will be based on *see edit. This is an informal contest based on the fun of quickly tuning a pickup and trying to get the most out of it in the time alloted. Win/Lose doesn't matter as long as everyone has fun and learns a little bit about these behemoth hunks of steel. Good luck and may the fastest truck win.

Testers should also mention which truck/tune is their favorite and why. You can begin testing once a tune is published.
Enjoy

Edit: Seems I don't have all the trucks stock so to keep things simple its fastest truck takes all.

Last edited:
Ok, I've just picked up my X-runner (thanks Despy!) and set off. Managed a 1:21.147 with 478hp and on SS tyres. Gonna see what moar powa does to the handling…

I don't have the F150, but i think difficult to beat the dodge ram 1500 laramie, with only 546PP it's 1'12" online easy. Don't see anything faster in this categorie.. ???

One F150 in the mail , rebuild and upgraded , but only with the removeble parts

One F150 in the mail , rebuild and upgraded , but only with the removeble parts

Thanks, very good car after a quick tune and even with 13 PP more, 546pp against 559pp ,it's 2 seconds slower on deep forest than the dodge ram. But it's a very good drive. Really fun car.

Ok, I've just tried my X-runner, and as I am adamant on not going with the supercharger, I've got a car with 538PP which drives alright…*facepalm* :lol:

Ok, I've just tried my X-runner, and as I am adamant on not going with the supercharger, I've got a car with 538PP which drives alright…*facepalm* :lol:

Why not use the Supercharger?

Why not use the Supercharger?

Because if I did, I would rather get out and walk it is so terrible to drive.
1. It's a pickup with virtually no weight on its back so channeling over 600+hp and torque to the rear wheels with nothing anchoring it down could be tricky.

2. Superchargers respond very quickly and peak bang in the middle of the power band, rendreing short shifting useless and mean driver inputs have to be very precise or the light arse and high power will send you sideways, which isn't good in an online race, is it? :lol:

Because if I did, I would rather get out and walk it is so terrible to drive.
1. It's a pickup with virtually no weight on its back so channeling over 600+hp and torque to the rear wheels with nothing anchoring it down could be tricky.

2. Superchargers respond very quickly and peak bang in the middle of the power band, rendreing short shifting useless and mean driver inputs have to be very precise or the light arse and high power will send you sideways, which isn't good in an online race, is it? :lol:
Have you actually checked the power curve for it with the Supercharger? I haven't but you shouldn't automatically assume that its going to hit peak torque really early in the power band, look at "Isabella" for example, very nice power band with a Supercharger. As for to much power and not enough weight that's a myth. The trucks don't have any worse weight distribution than a lot of other FR cars do. You just have to take the weight distribution into account when tuning the vehicle.:D

Have you actually checked the power curve for it with the Supercharger? I haven't but you shouldn't automatically assume that its going to hit peak torque really early in the power band, look at "Isabella" for example, very nice power band with a Supercharger. As for to much power and not enough weight that's a myth. The trucks don't have any worse weight distribution than a lot of other FR cars do. You just have to take the weight distribution into account when tuning the vehicle.:D

Of course I did! I wanted to tune my Stormtrooper to be mad at the max, but I just can't live with tuning it knowing that I was just as fast without the mountain of torque…

Of course I did! I wanted to tune my Stormtrooper to be mad at the max, but I just can't live with tuning it knowing that I was just as fast without the mountain of torque…
Hmm now your going to make me tune 2 trucks, my upgraded Spooky and a Toy story. Maybe I should call it Buzz Lightyear and paint it in that funky white color change paint.:lol:

White Lightnin' F-150 SVT
ToscanaTarmac.jpg

Tune coming soon.

This is cool. I didn't know I'd start a tuner wars thing. 👍 All I wanted was a Panda tune :D.

How about an Eagle Talon Vs. Mitsu. Eclipse? There the "same" car but different.

Last edited:
This is cool. I didn't know I'd start a tuner wars thing. 👍 All I wanted was a Panda tune :D.

How about an Eagle Talon Vs. Mitsu. Eclipse? There the "same" car but different.
Unfortunately PD killed the Talon in the game. Can't really compete with most of the Eclipses.

XDesperado67
Unfortunately PD killed the Talon in the game. Can't really compete with most of the Eclipses.

Not home at the moment, but isn't there an eclipse that is the same year as the Talon? Did they ruin it (the talon) that bad?

Of course I could be wrong :dopey:

Not home at the moment, but isn't there an eclipse that is the same year as the Talon? Did they ruin it (the talon) that bad?

Of course I could be wrong :dopey:
Yeah the only Talon they included in GT5 is the base model with the low output NA engine.

Pretty much all the Eclipses are the more performance based versions with the higher output engines and or the turbo models.

Since this is Pearl Harbor day things like this really make me question who won.

Yeah the only Talon they included in GT5 is the base model with the low output NA engine.

Pretty much all the Eclipses are the more performance based versions with the higher output engines and or the turbo models.

Since this is Pearl Harbor day things like this really make me question who won.

Yah, but I'll still take Isabella over most cars, so in my eyes 👍 plus we're free, and have a voice, and...sorry. Just proud to be where I am. :D :) 👍

...okay, so there isn't a standard Eclipses that is "battle ready" to the Taylon? :(.

Yah, but I'll still take Isabella over most cars, so in my eyes 👍 plus we're free, and have a voice, and...sorry. Just proud to be where I am. :D :) 👍

...okay, so there isn't a standard Eclipses that is "battle ready" to the Taylon? :(.
Hey! We ain't exactly slaves over here in Asia now, are we? :grumpy:

I have both, and the Talon reaches 394hp whereas my '90s Eclipse has around 420hp. Mind you, there's always that GT/Convertible Eclipse I entered in the Roadster shootout. 💡

Did anyone try the Midget for this "Pick Up Truck" Battle thingy?

:lol:

raVer

I did! Rolled it at every corner. Mind you, camber was at 5.0/10.0…

:dopey:

Anyway, my iPod is done, so I guess it'll be on share after school. :D

Back