Tunnel Tuning/ 1/4 Tuning

• Thread starter Shoutsx562
  • 100 comments
I am sure both sides have their share of arrogancy.

Its one thing to be slow and arrogant, and another to be fast and arrogant. I prefer the latter.

I am sure both sides have their share of arrogancy.

Its one thing to be slow and arrogant, and another to be fast and arrogant. I prefer the latter.
Doesn't really make a difference in my eyes.

ptk14
Are you trying to stick to the n00b stereotype? Another GT-R n00b.... there are 1030 other cars in the game tune those...

Hay ptk you cant lie, you and others use noob cars too, cars that are used too much.

Why do you think i was trying to be different when i was tuning unnown standard cars and you kinda blast me for it.

I do think i have a fast tunnel tuned standard r32. Lol.

Hay ptk you cant lie, you and others use noob cars too, cars that are used too much.

Why do you think i was trying to be different when i was tuning unnown standard cars and you kinda blast me for it.

I do think i have a fast tunnel tuned standard r32. Lol.

There are noob cars. IE GTR X1 Veyron.

Then there are normal drag cars.

And then there are the totally pointless drag cars. I personally would add a standard r32 to this last list because with the option of having the premium, why bother with the standard version?

eightlives

And then there are the totally pointless drag cars. I personally would add a standard r32 to this last list because with the option of having the premium, why bother with the standard version?

This is what iam talking about, just because a car is standard you cant use it anyway?

Everybody is a noob to something in some way. Everybody used a r34 etc.

Why not try doing something new like seeing what you can do with a bunch of underrated cars.

Example:my tuned standand rx7 beat a stable of spirit premiums at the tunnel, and people asked me which rx7 is that.....i like to keep it different from other.

Lately ive been working on standard m5`S

This is what iam talking about, just because a car is standard you cant use it anyway?

Everybody is a noob to something in some way. Everybody used a r34 etc.

Why not try doing something new like seeing what you can do with a bunch of underrated cars.

Example:my tuned standand rx7 beat a stable of spirit premiums at the tunnel, and people asked me which rx7 is that.....i like to keep it different from other.

Lately ive been working on standard m5`S

You have interpreted what I have said wrong... There is no problem with tuning all of the cars but what makes no sense is to tune the same car but a worse version of it. I understand your rx-7 story because maybe the standard is faster at the tunnel but its not close at all at indy.. with the r32, its the same at indy idk about the tunnel... but from my perspective it makes no sense because you have already tuned the car and a faster one at that.. why tune the same car which is slower, and hard to get? You wont have any competition because no one else will have that specific car and they wont need it either because its slower..

So if the GTR and Veyron are tuned for tunnel, would you still say that they are noob cars?

You have interpreted what I have said wrong... There is no problem with tuning all of the cars but what makes no sense is to tune the same car but a worse version of it. I understand your rx-7 story because maybe the standard is faster at the tunnel but its not close at all at indy.. with the r32, its the same at indy idk about the tunnel... but from my perspective it makes no sense because you have already tuned the car and a faster one at that.. why tune the same car which is slower, and hard to get? You wont have any competition because no one else will have that specific car and they wont need it either because its slower..

Exactly what I was getting at, I have plenty of standard cars tuned for drag, and I have plenty of standard cars that are better or just as good as there premium counterparts.

So if the GTR and Veyron are tuned for tunnel, would you still say that they are noob cars?

Again, anything I say I am typically referring to the 1/4.

ptk14

If there is no problem tuning every car then why are you still bashing standards?

The rx7 i used doesnt even max out high like the spirit but i think with a good tune will beat a spirit at the tunnel and indy. You and your tuning buddies should play mythbusters with that one.

Same car/ premium car tuning is as boring as continuing to drag constantly at indy or ss7 as yall have said.

Tuning a bunch of underrated standards in the same hp class would make draging just a tad excited

Were gonna always go into an indy room and see......cuuuuuudaaaa, spiiiiiiiriiitt, gtttttttrrrrr, r3333334444, acccccrrrrr, fooorrrdd gtttttttt, etc.

You guys are pro tuners, why complain about tuning any car.

If there is no problem tuning every car then why are you still bashing standards?

The rx7 i used doesnt even max out high like the spirit but i think with a good tune will beat a spirit at the tunnel and indy. You and your tuning buddies should play mythbusters with that one.

Same car/ premium car tuning is as boring as continuing to drag constantly at indy or ss7 as yall have said.

Tuning a bunch of underrated standards in the same hp class would make draging just a tad excited

Were gonna always go into an indy room and see......cuuuuuudaaaa, spiiiiiiiriiitt, gtttttttrrrrr, r3333334444, acccccrrrrr, fooorrrdd gtttttttt, etc.

When I talk to you I feel like this :banghead:

He never said he had ANYTHING against standard cars, just that it is pointless to use a standard car over a premium version of the same car if the premium is better. For the same reason why you don't see people racing 2005 ford gt no stripes vs the 2006 ford gt, because it is common knowledge that the no stripe is always going to be faster.

Another example of the standard being better is the 05 ford mustang gt vs. the 07 mustang gt.

The fact is why would be spend time on a car that we know practically no-one owns and that will lose against it's counterpart that everyone does own?

I have never bothered to count, but I know I have over 100 cars tuned for 1/4, and I know this is true for practically all of the better 1/4mile tuners out there. Just because you only ever see the same cars doesn't mean we don't have a garage full of cars that can compete.

My team runs two tournaments a week, Tuesdays my teammate hosts a JDM tournament and Wednesdays I host a modern muscle tournament. Just look at the cars we have run so far: LFA, Mugen s2k, FT-86, svt cobra and buick gnx and coming up we have the nismo 350z z tune and the chevy ssr. Only two of those cars are premium.

Just confirmed chromeline cars will be our christmas presents. Will be in the playstation store december 24th also a couple of standart cars will be remodeled to premium. No words on tracks yet..

Just confirmed chromeline cars will be our christmas presents. Will be in the playstation store december 24th also a couple of standart cars will be remodeled to premium. No words on tracks yet..

This is a little bit off topic, but GOOD news

Do you know how much it hurts me to read this? I'm serious, my stomach hurts...

He never said he had ANYTHING against standard cars, just that it is pointless to use a standard car over a premium version of the same car if the premium is better. For the same reason why you don't see people racing 2005 ford gt no stripes vs the 2006 ford gt, because it is common knowledge that the no stripe is always going to be faster.

Another example of the standard being better is the 05 ford mustang gt vs. the 07 mustang gt.

The fact is why would be spend time on a car that we know practically no-one owns and that will lose against it's counterpart that everyone does own?

I have never bothered to count, but I know I have over 100 cars tuned for 1/4, and I know this is true for practically all of the better 1/4mile tuners out there. Just because you only ever see the same cars doesn't mean we don't have a garage full of cars that can compete.

My team runs two tournaments a week, Tuesdays my teammate hosts a JDM tournament and Wednesdays I host a modern muscle tournament. Just look at the cars we have run so far: LFA, Mugen s2k, FT-86, svt cobra and buick gnx and coming up we have the nismo 350z z tune and the chevy ssr. Only two of those cars are premium.

Thank you.. I'm starting to feel better..

F:censored: no NEW cars... I don't feel good again...

Last edited:
Do you know how much it hurts me to read this? I'm serious, my stomach hurts...

Thank you.. I'm starting to feel better..

F:censored: no NEW cars... I don't feel good again...

Sounds like you are on a roller-coaster LOL.

eightlives

Im not saying you have to race the same pre/stan cars. Why not race different cars in the same hp class. That would be an experiment.

Im not saying you have to race the same pre/stan cars. Why not race different cars in the same hp class. That would be an experiment.

We do, with cars we know are fairly equal.

Eg. Evo vs. STI

Cuda vs Chevelle vs 440 Charger

supra vs svt cobra vs rx7 vs.. many others in that class.

7.3 zonda vs z06 vs zr1 vs mp4

It is fun, but when one car loses to the other run after run that person will end up getting the same car out to be more equal.

Sounds like you are on a roller-coaster LOL.

1863_rollercoaster-fun.jpg

Smokeyyyx562 and his friends...

eightlives
We do, with cars we know are fairly equal.

Eg. Evo vs. STI

Cuda vs Chevelle vs 440 Charger

supra vs svt cobra vs rx7 vs.. many others in that class.

7.3 zonda vs z06 vs zr1 vs mp4

It is fun, but when one car loses to the other run after run that person will end up getting the same car out to be more equal.

Seriously? Lol.....those are the same premium cars that yall always drag, nothing new at all with the old muscl cars either.

Those are not underrated cars.

Do something new....next

shiftgearateer
Seriously? Lol.....those are the same premium cars that yall always drag, nothing new at all with the old muscl cars either.

Those are not underrated cars.

Do something new....next

Want some standard sleeper cars?

Pagani Zonda 7.3
SLR McLaren '03
Cadillac Cien
Merc SL600
Viper Concept
Viper GTS '99
Saleen S7
Buick Special
A/C Cars 427
Ford GT '05
Spyker C8
Cizeta V16
RUF Yellowbird
RUF CTR2
Shelby Series One Supercharged
Nissan 300zx 2seater

There are more but these are just from the top of my head.

ALL STANDARD, ALL SLEEPERS.

DaLightninRacer
Want some standard sleeper cars?

Pagani Zonda 7.3
SLR McLaren '03
Cadillac Cien
Merc SL600
Viper Concept
Viper GTS '99
Saleen S7
Buick Special
A/C Cars 427
Ford GT '05
Spyker C8
Cizeta V16
RUF Yellowbird
RUF CTR2
Shelby Series One Supercharged
Nissan 300zx 2seater

There are more but these are just from the top of my head.

ALL STANDARD, ALL SLEEPERS.

Sorry but the only cars on that list that are sleepers are

Spyker
Yellow bird
Z2Seater
Ac cars

Those other cars are your average high hp drag cars that iam not honkydory to see.

I have yet to see someone come in with a car that noone really drags and beat normal cars in its hp class.

Thats when you know uv seperated yourself from good tuners.

Im doing an experiment...i plan on finding the most underated honda standard, tune it, and go into a honda room and stir the pot.

Sorry but the only cars on that list that are sleepers are

Spyker
Yellow bird
Z2Seater
Ac cars

Those other cars are your average high hp drag cars that iam not honkydory to see.

I have yet to see someone come in with a car that noone really drags and beat normal cars in its hp class.

Thats when you know uv seperated yourself from good tuners.

Im doing an experiment...i plan on finding the most underated honda standard, tune it, and go into a honda room and stir the pot.

Ok, you want to know the truth about tunnel tuners? There are no cars we haven't already tried. There are no more underrated cars.

ptk14
Ok, you want to know the truth about tunnel tuners? There are no cars we haven't already tried. There are no more underrated cars.

Sorry but i dont beleive that. I dont beleive that you have tried 1000+ cars in this game.

Maybe uv driven a few cars 1000+ times.

There are plenty underrated cars.

Latest Posts

Back