TUTORIAL - Manually Configuring Your XLink Kai & PS2 *With Pics*

you DO NOT need to get xlink on your ps2, only your computer. This is how it works:

(PS2)---Ethernet Cable-----(Router/or directly to computer) The xlink on your computer acts as server for gt4 through gt4's LAN mode. And the ethernet cable connects your ps2 to your computer's internet connection.

ooooo, ok thank you so much.

Well, Saturday I was able to connect and raced a few times. When I tried Sunday, my PS2 couldn't configure. I kept all the settings the same, and I change absolutely nothing. Anyone know what might be the cause or how I could fix it?

OK, so I'm doing a last checking before I'm going to get my netwerk adaptor and start this whole procedure:

I'm sitting right in front of my computer, which is fitted with wireless internet and has a speed of 2 Mbps. There is a CAT 5- Ethernet cable plugged into my PC, leading to the other end which is plugged in into a router. There is a second CAT 5- Ethernet cable plugged into the router, leading to the netwerk adaptor in my PS2.

Is this correct?

heyy umm ive been scoping out this thread for stuff about wireless connections and have not found any;;;;

my home network is compromised of a main compy with a wireless router connected to it(this is connected directly to the internet). up in my room i have a wireless card and a ethernet pci thing....is it possible to just connect my ps2 to the computer not directly connected to the internet?

heyy umm ive been scoping out this thread for stuff about wireless connections and have not found any;;;;

my home network is compromised of a main compy with a wireless router connected to it(this is connected directly to the internet). up in my room i have a wireless card and a ethernet pci thing....is it possible to just connect my ps2 to the computer not directly connected to the internet?

you can but your pc must be wired.

apparently my ps2 doesn't show a mac adress, what should I do?
Please read...
***Quick Note: Before you go about trying the long process of manually configuring, try the auto-detect settings, it works for some and doesn't for others. If it does then you saved yourself alot of time.***

Hey
I've tried this and it partly works for me:
I end up with "sony playstation 2 configured successfully", but then I get the message "you are unreachable" and the program shuts down.
That means that it's the connection between my PC and the server there's a problem with.
My connection between the PC and the router is wireless and I've chosen a "Kai Port" and opened the port in port forwarding in my router.
I simply can't understand what is wrong.
Please help

Hey
I've tried this and it partly works for me:
I end up with "sony playstation 2 configured successfully", but then I get the message "you are unreachable" and the program shuts down.
That means that it's the connection between my PC and the server there's a problem with.
My connection between the PC and the router is wireless and I've chosen a "Kai Port" and opened the port in port forwarding in my router.
I simply can't understand what is wrong.
Please help

Hardline your pc to the router and you should be fine.

Is it possible that anyone here owns a mac & play GT4 on xlink? I really need help with it. I used a video from youtube of how to install it, & over here, the Network settings is right on GT4 menu. Nothing happens tho.

Is it possible that anyone here owns a mac & play GT4 on xlink? I really need help with it. I used a video from youtube of how to install it, & over here, the Network settings is right on GT4 menu. Nothing happens tho.

make sure you are trying to connect with someone...otherwise u will be a loner scratching your head.

Hi
Im a first timer to use get online on a game haven't tried anything else,until i realize its pretty useful,
im having trouble about connecting such equipment,

i have DSL MODEM but i don't have router? do i need to buy a router or is their anyother way to deal with it? thx!

I tried like a month ago but still nothing. I still do have Xlink by the way & try to use it. I told some GT4 people there what is supposed to show up in the bottom of "waiting connection". I only have dash lines. When they play, i don't go in...

Why isn't this stickied, its quite useful looking. In the future I'm going to try to get Xlink up and running for myself, I think I have all the equipment needed to run it.

Back