UEFA Champions League And Europa League thread

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 790 comments
Its Inter Milan v Man City in this years Champions League final, City just put on a masterclass tonight beating Real Madrid 4-0 at home after a 1-1 at the Bernabeu, Inter had a comfortable time of it beating their city rivals AC 3-0 over the two legs.
I think this will be City's year in the Champion's League. I watched most of the two AC v Inter games, and neither team looked like they had much quality in their ranks, and there was a lot of niggly nasty fouls. That can happen in derby games of course, but Inter need to be transformed to beat City imho. Only Pep tinkering, and trying something he hasn't done before, will give Inter a chance.
GLAZERS OUT

GLAZERS OUT

GLAZERS OUT

If city has surpassed United this much. This is embarassing 😡
It's only now embarrassing! 🤔 :lol:
It's amazing what a bottomless pit of money and over 100 FFP charges can do.
And it has to be said, spending well, and managing the teams well. Money can be spent very badly.

Roma v Sevilla and West Ham v Fiorentina in the Europa League and Conference League finals.

Serie A is back.

If Serie A can win them all.

Congrats to Italy. I hope it happens.
From a neutral perspective, it is good to see Italian teams back in finals again (although they can't win them all unless Sevilla/West Ham change nationality :lol: ).

Sevilla won yet another Europa League/UEFA Cup after beating Roma 4-1 on penalties, it was 1-1 after extra time with goals coming from a Mancini OG and Dybala, it was a very heated and feisty match with the official having a lively night, there were more yellows dished out both dug-outs than to the players, Jose Mourinho found the British ref Anthony Taylor in the car park after the game and called him a ****ing disgrace.

Its Sevilla's seventh Europa League/UEFA Cup and Jose's first ever loss in a European final.

Two European finals this week.

UEFA Conference League Final, 7th June, Fortuna Arena Prague.
Fiorentina v West Ham (8pm)

UEFA Champions League Final, 10th June, Ataturk Olimpiyat Istanbul.
Manchester City v Inter Milan (8pm)

Well done to West Ham - can't say it was a convincing performance, but I can't begrudge them the win, and Moyes' celebration after the last minute goal was lovely to see!

The post-match commentary on BT Sport/YouTube is also very funny :lol: Oh to be back in a pub in the East End of London tonight....

Last edited:
Fantastic for West Ham and some great scenes after the match. Moyes first ever major trophy win in his 1,097th game in management!

City won the Champions League, it finished 1-0 with a Rodri goal in the second half, decent game with it mostly tactical, Inter were well organised defensively and worked hard, Ederson made a couple of big saves towards the end.

They have also now won the treble have won the league and cup too, only the second English team to do so after Man United in 99, sequels are always worse than the original.

It was kind of a stinker of a game, but neither team really let the other get position and develop an attack. Inter actually had more chances-- 9 big ones, in fact. Inter's striking from the perimeter of the box was atrocious. In contrast, Rodri's goal was sensational-- can't believe the ball brushed both guys' shorts and still snuck in. Credit to Ederson and Ruben Dias for the clean sheet. Foden needs to work on finishing solo. In the beginning, he was taking a lot of chances away from Haaland with bad striking, but then thrived once he committed to the cutback ball and unselfish 1-2 play. While he'll never be much of a target man at his size, he still hasn't developed much of those pure striker skills.

I've also warmed up to Grealish as he's so self-aware and not shy about being a big dumb overpaid brummie.

I think both teams played their best football in the semifinals. MC vs RMA and ACM vs INT were awesome.

City won the Super Cup last night beating Sevilla in Athens, game finished 1-1 and went to penalties with no extra time, City scored all of their pens with Gudelj missing for Sevilla, En-Nesyri put Sevilla ahead in the first half with Cole Palmer equalizing in the second, its City's first Super Cup win and Pep's fourth.

Newcastle have been stitched up in the Champions League 😂.

PSG
Borussia Dortmund
AC Milan
Newcastle United

Ouch.

Newcastle have been stitched up
No GIF

Last week, Newcastle's owners sentenced someone to 27 years in prison for Tweets they didn't like.

There is no word yet on whether Elon Musk will follow through on his promise to help the legal costs of people who get in trouble for Tweeting, but since the same people are also Twitter's second largest investor...

Group F is definitely the group of death!

Nice group for Man United, we should be getting through that okay, both Arsenal and City have got good groups too.

Newcastle have been stitched up in the Champions League 😂.

PSG
Borussia Dortmund
AC Milan
Newcastle United

Ouch.
****ing hell. I thought you wrote PSV at first and I was like man that's gonna be close. But Paris? Wow. Some of the other groups are a laugh. Man City and Arsenal will be rotating the squad for sure.

Europa and Conference League group stages have been drawn, Brighton have a tough group, they are drawn with Ajax, Marseille and AEK Athens.

Champions League group stage starts on Tuesday, some of the games include Bayern Munich v Man United, AC Milan v Newcastle and PSG v Dortmund.

Europa and Conference league's group stage starts on Thursday.

Champions League group stage starts on Tuesday, some of the games include Bayern Munich v Man United, AC Milan v Newcastle and PSG v Dortmund.

Europa and Conference league's group stage starts on Thursday.
May God help us all against Bayern Munich.

Champions League group stage has wrapped up for this year and it could well be the last time for a long time as the new format kicks in next year.

Here is a roundup of what happened.

Group winners.
Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Real Sociedad, Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Man City, Barcelona.

Group runners-up.
FC Copenhagen, PSV Eindhoven, Napoli, Inter Milan, Lazio, PSG, RB Leipzig, FC Porto.

Dropping into the Europa League.
Galatasaray, RC Lens, Braga, Benfica, Feyenoord, AC Milan, Young Boys, Shakhtar Donetsk

Out of Europe.
Man United, Sevilla, Union Berlin, RB Salzburg, Celtic, Newcastle, Red Star Belgrade, Royal Antwerp

Pretty poor showing from the Brits, two group winners yes but United were horrific, Newcastle did a bit better but injuries caught up with them and Celtic's recent poor CL record continues.

Brighton are through to the Europa League last 16 after beating Marseille last night to top their group. Phenomenal performance so far in the Europa, really hope we can keep a good run going.

Champions League Round of 16 Draw.

FC Porto v Arsenal
Napoli v Barcelona
Paris St-Germain v Real Sociedad
Inter Milan v Atletico Madrid
PSV Eindhoven v Borussia Dortmund
Lazio v Bayern Munich
FC Copenhagen v Man City
RB Leipzig v Real Madrid

Not a lot to shout about there, Napoli v Barcelona is a stand out game, maybe Inter v Atletico as well.

Europa League Play-off Draw.

Feyenoord v Roma
RC Lens v SC Freiburg
Benfica v Toulouse
Galatasaray v Sparta Prague
AC Milan v Rennes
Young Boys v Sporting Lisbon
Sporting Braga v Qarabag
Shakthar Donetsk v Marseille

Europa Conference League Play-off Draw.

Strum Graz v Slovan Bratislava
Servette v Ludogorets
Union St-Gilloise v Eintracht Frankfurt
Real Betis v Dinamo Zagreb
Olympiakos v Ferencvaros
Ajax v Bodo/Glimt
Molde v Legia Warsaw
Maccabi Haifa v Gent

Last edited:
With Newcastle out, I will go back to never watching or following the Champ League/Europa League, like I have done for the last 20 years 😄

Shame as Sociedad could have been a good match up.

Latest Posts

Back