Update 1.03 BUG , "X"Minutes Races..

• Thread starter mohammad
  • 56 comments
Iran
Tehran
smjbj
i just did a 15mins race in nurbergring finished 1st but came 4th!! LOL
the bottom 3 cars which passed the line after 15minutes just won the race & became the top 3 ... WTH!
PD Cant win..

Edit: i just saw others have the same problem with 24mins races

Last edited:
GT is like Minecraft. Every patch fixes something, but breaks something else. :lol:

I'm not hating, though. They're both good games and I love both of them.

I used to work at a software company (long ago) that had this problem.
Apparently the software in which they coded or compiled or whatevered their software had a bug, so on top of their normal bugs they would have to work around the compiler/coding/whatever software's bug with each new version as well. Needless to say, each version fixed something and introduced something new.

So the workaround is as follows:
Sit by the finish line, and roll across first when the time is up?

Yes, take any car/kart that kan finish one lap in under 24 minutes (or whatever the time limit is), wait by the finish line and cross it right after the time is up.
I really wonder if this will work...

Tried twice, didn't work for me. finished 16th both times.
Sad to hear that, guess is for Ai only...
I think we can expect a hotpatch within a few days.
I hope so, there should be the 'big january patch', luckly I finished the game so this bug doesn't bother me, but rather than add content they need to fix this bug and maybe adding some extra races to do, like the GT5 seasonals races...

I don't know if its since 1.03 update but i took my civic ek 97 wanted to go with stock bumper and its says it doesn't have kit option-_-

Tried it twice, didn't work for me. finished 16th both times.

How many laps did you run?

Did you run just one lap and then sit by the Finish Line?

This might work if you have the same number of laps as the leading AI.

GTsail

i just did a 15mins race in nurbergring finished 1st but came 4th!! LOL
the bottom 3 cars which passed the line after 15minutes just won the race & became the top 3 ... WTH!
PD Cant win..

Edit: i just saw others have the same problem with 24mins races
I just had the same problem on a 20min race as well, thought i was going mad. Was almost a minute up on second place when i crossed the line, and it listed me as finishing 5th..Watched the replay and yes it recording based on finishing order of drivers on the same lap.....I now can't finish the S license races :-( until its fixed......

just had this issue, i ran 24 mins of le mans a total of 3 times.

second attempt i was 30 seconds ahead of 2nd place man, crossed the line at 00:00 in 1st position, continued to finish my lap during that in-lap my position dropped slowly to 14th. crossed the line and my finishing position immediately shot back up to 1st, and the finishing table said everyone else was +1 lap. however i only got 70k prize money and no stars or gift car, ergo, i came 14th.

third attempt i lapped deliberately slower to stick with the lead pack, did approx 6 laps total, on the 6th lap pulled up in front of the start finish line with approx 20 seconds remaining, 5 cars drove past so i was in 6th, timer hit 00:00, i drove across the line and got the 1st position cut scene with fireworks etc. pressed X to go past the cut scene and table said i came 6th, got 120k, 1 star, ergo i came 6th.

if you are still awake at the back, clearly there is no way to play round. the only way i can see it happening is if you are first with the whole grid just behind you and it clocks 00:00 a few yards before you all cross, or you can hold the cars up until it does

yawn

Tried this damn race (24 mins of le mans) about 10 times now... impossible to win. :banghead:
It's the only race I've not golded yet. I hope they fix this as soon as possible.

I also experienced some strange tire behaviour during that race.
Sometimes it seems the tires loose all of their grip for a few seconds and then turn back to normal.
Feels like driving in heavy rain even if the track is dry and moisture value says 0%.

agree chemenu, i started off on inters, as soon as the track went below 24% water the tyres got eaten in under a lap

in other news, if you wondered what happens if you run out of petrol, car still drives but speed is limited to 49mph

that didnt work for me. in order for it to work you have to cross the line first while being in first position just as the time has run out, which is a logistical nightmare verging on impossible, at best a fluke

Might as well spread my experience from here:

After completing the Nurburgring 24 Minute race in S-class events, turns out that the timed races bug is confirmed. It went like this:

-I was a good minute away in gap from the AI in first place
-After the timer ran out, I watched the AI cross the finish line 30 seconds later. One by one, my position was dropping until every opponent crossed the finish line, dropping me all the way down to last place at 16th.
-When I crossed the finish line six minutes later on my last lap, the music for last place played, but my position bumped all the way back up to first on the board. Everyone's gap was "1 lap"; I'm not sure if it's supposed to be +1 or -1, but it just stated "1 lap".
-When the game rewards me for completing the event, I get the 16th place prize at 50,000 which is with the 200% online login bonus.

...these once-functional events are now broken. I wonder if they affect every timed race within the game. In any case, PD needs to release a hotfix ASAP or they can expect more flak from users here on GTP and especially on the official PS boards.

Just did a 15 minute race in Nurburgring with my Mclaren F1 race car. took first place since lap 2. lost in 3rd place despite clearly being in first. it displayed me in first in the results screen

I had this same problem before, but I finished in 2 places :D, oddly enough I actually passed the finish line in first place
1486853_676759225688858_1583644739_n.jpg

I had this same problem before, but I finished in 2 places :D, oddly enough I actually passed the finish line in first place

I'll see your 2 places, and raise you a 3rd.
DSCN1339_zps07328553.jpg

This was after experimenting with it this evening. I had won this race already, and had gold, but now have this...

DSCN1341_zpse4257ad3.jpg

Back