• Thread starter Vagabond
  • 433 comments

Vagabond

Biomechanics
Staff Emeritus
England
Teesdale
GTP_Vagabond
For discussing the features and merits/drawbacks or moral impact of update 1.06 for GT6.

Keep it clean and civil. ;)

Documented Changes

Data Logger now available
[Data Logger] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph, allowing users to view and compare variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.

GPS Visualizer function introduced
[GPS Visualizer] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". By driving a car equipped with the "Sports Drive Logger" (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage media, and then subsequently converted into Replay file in the game. It's be possible to compare and analyze these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently available with Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.

Custom Rear Wing option implemented
[Custom Rear Wing] has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Maintenance] section in "My Home". You can choose a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note this feature isn't compatible with certain cars.)

3DTV compatibility now added
A [3DTV] option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature.

Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the "Event Settings" screen have been changed. New options include:
  • -Race for Fun
    -Race for Real
    -Cruising
    -Make Friends
    -Show Off Your Cars
    -Share Tips and Info
    -Café
Other improvements and adjustments
- The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby], has been weakened.

Posted this one in the wrong thread then so I do a copy and paste so it is in the right thread. ;-)

Hmm, what to say about this update?
Well, first of all it is good that PD releases updates and is looking after GT6. That is a positive response.
Is it a usefull update? Well, I think everybody has his own opinion on that. I think it would have been a nice update if there were pervious updates beforehand which solved the bugs of the game we all know, and I wont write them down now.

So for me, this update is, well let`s say it kindly not so usefull.
The GPS Visualizer, well I won`t use it ever in my life!

I was looking forward to the Data Logger, but it is just so unhandy implemented into the game, I`ll never use it.
Why, well I explain.
I want to go to the garage, choose a car, then go to free run, do some laps. then I want to review the telemetry of those laps. Adjust the car setting, save it in the setup screen, but not overwrite the setup I got. Do some more laps, have a look at the telemetry, save another setup. Comparing the data and setups.
But this is just not possible in GT6. You need to leave the track, you need to go to the data logger, load 1 single lap, you can only save 3 setups per car. That is just utter crap! Just a unfinished toy IMO!

Custom rear wings? what for?
now I can put a wing on each car which looks slighty different to the default ones, but I still can not just put a door number on each of the cars, no decals, but a custom rearwing, which I bet, but I did not test it yet, does not change anything downforce wise if I install a big one or a small one.
Custom cars is nice, but starting with the wing? I normally don`t use the GT style wings on a street car, specially under 600PP. So pretty much useless to me!

TC in the gravel/sand!!!! Oh come on. I am 39 years old, when I turn off TC I want it to be turned off!
If there are people who use this for cutting, welll, let them do so, but I get totally annoyed if you do a mistake while racing on the edge and you land in the gravel pit and loos so much of time and control. Make it sticky in the gravel but turn the TC off.

All the other features are just even more useless to me as far as I can tell.

Still loving GT6, but I think I am more on the way back to PC SimRacing instead of this.

GT6 The Real Driving Simulator! Where ?
GT6 made a step forward but just not arrived in the year 2014 to me for obvious reasons!

aaahhh, I was wondering why the other thread got locked. Okay then :)

Anyways, I like the update. The custom wings are cool and the Data logger, although not exactley how I would want it implemented, is cool.

Edit: Oh, and not having forced TCS off track is awesome.

Last edited:
Because they added 5 similar options in it's place?

And what is cafè mode?

They're not the same as Practice/Qualify/Race or Free Run or Practice/Drift Mode etc.

The Cafe mode or the Show Your Cars mode are additions to the Race for Fun/Race for Real options. They've not replaced Free Run.

If anyone runs across any undocumented changes in the 1.06 update please share them HERE. Check the OP before posting to be sure your undocumented change isn't already noted :gtpflag:

OK thanks.
So again, as far as I'm concerned: the data logger does not work like it should...
I 'd like to check the data of complete races...

True, for a real analyzing tool it needs to compare more than just best laps and than just 3 laps to compare. You need to compare more laps to eachother to see where you are constantly breaking too early or too late, or similar mistakes. Comparing just best laps is nothing worth in the end. It takes hours now to really usefull use the tool effectivly.
So this tool is unfinished. A very nice idea but just like so many things in GT6 far behind what could have been done.

If I compare my fastest lap to someone elses fastest lap might not bring any benefit, due to different setups and driving styles. In first you need to analyze your own style and compare 10 laps or so to find the spot where your own limits are. After that you can start to compare yourself to other fatser drivers.

Has anyone tried the 3D mode thing??

I have a 3D HDTV, so this excites me if it works well.... I am at work currently but cannot wait to get home to try this out....

Has anyone tried the 3D mode thing??

I have a 3D HDTV, so this excites me if it works well.... I am at work currently but cannot wait to get home to try this out....
So far for me it's a big downgrade over GT5's 3D. The resolution seems worse with far more jaggies, vertical tears, and flickering going on. I also thought the 3D effect was very subtle compared to GT5's. Frame rate is smooth from what I could tell though.

More updates about stuff I don't really care about, or could never really use. Customizing wings will be welcomed by a lot of people I'd imagine. Low profile wings are the best, I'll never use another huge wing ever again 👍

Jerome

Here's an odd thing: After installing 1.06 I get an error message when I start the game saying that it can't connect online because I "haven't accepted the terms of use". Fortunately it seems like the bug is confined to just the error message itself because after dismissing the message I can still use all online functions.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Oh, and now it takes FOREVER to go back to the main screen when exiting my garage, boo...

Jerome

Luckily for me I had 4 different lmp's best lap times at Monza, good for spec'n cars and i think the data logger is a great addition for this.
im liking the ride height at all for corners and the wheel speeds to on the data logger, those 3 sets great for flicking between them, cant wait to get my head around it all and use it properly and get some tunes on the go.
GT6 nearly here,., bring on end of may for those lovely gt5 servers.

Wing options is a step in the right direction. Combined with the "show off your car" lobby, I hope to see more customizition options in the future. Although, it could just be PD trying to showcase their car list rather than a users creativity.

On that note, a big thumbs down for not giving the RGT (or other RUF's) the wing option. 👎

A small addition of custom wings makes many happy like a little child in a candy store. I just don't understand it. It more feels that it's added to calm down many players and it seems to work...kind of...

I find it a very cheap trick that is being pulled off by PD here. Well another day in the world of GT6....once again they throw sand in our eyes to manouvre away from GT real problems.

What a circus!

Latest Posts

Back