V4 vs V6 in MPG?

• Thread starter sicbeing
  • 100 comments
Yea, but its FF right? I dont think id like a big ol accord v6, id rather get a SRT4 for FF for 10k less and more HP Stock + turbo. Remember im not going for a town car.

M5Power
$30100 - easily the best deal on the market. I don't even think they're being marked up that much. 30mpg and 0-60 in 7.3 - plus all the Accord trimmings and an available voice-activated navigation system. It's a completely brilliant package.

Can't you get a new acura TL for 28K? 270 hp and a much nicer interior.

Anyways he seems to want a car to use on the track or autox, so neither car is near ideal (plus he wants to invest 10K initially).

Miata is still what I'd choose.

sicbeing
240sx has always been an option. Dont know too much about them though.

I've owned a 240SX...those are fantastic cars. I'd recommend one over a V6 Mustang and Miata anyday. They can be quite fun and easy to learn in. :sly:

sicbeing
next to the off chance I can find a GSX or a 3000gt AWD/Turbo.

You'll never be able to afford the insurance in a 3000GT VR4. I owned a '92 Vette and a '93 3000GT VR4 with the same insurance options on each and the 3000GT was $75 more a month insurance. But, the VR4's can be a complete blast to drive.

BlazinXtreme
All insurences will give you around the same quote since you are young, trust me I've been there...in fact I'm still there.

As am I, I got quotes for my car ranging from $90 to $220 a month.

I got a ton a quotes on a my Blazer, for the same policy they were all pretty much the same except for the insurence company we had everything with, since they give a big policy discount. Other then that if you go into insurence blind you will pay close to the same.

sicbeing
Yea, but its FF right? I dont think id like a big ol accord v6, id rather get a SRT4 for FF for 10k less and more HP Stock + turbo. Remember im not going for a town car.

Well yeah - I'm not recommending it to you. It's a family car, really. I'm just saying it's a great buy.

xcsti
Can't you get a new acura TL for 28K? 270 hp and a much nicer interior.

TL lists at $33100 and the fuel economy isn't even close, though the acceleration is with the automatic. I prefer the Accord.

JCE3000GT
I've owned a 240SX...those are fantastic cars. I'd recommend one over a V6 Mustang and Miata anyday. They can be quite fun and easy to learn in. :sly:

thank you, at least someone agrees with me. sure they don't have the power of a v8 stang, but they sure have the reliability of nissan. they're known to run over 200k miles. why is reliability important? he's gonna track the car and i'm sure he can't spend too much to have the car fixed all the time. also they have IRS, very big plus. fun car to learn drifting with. tons of parts. not as nimble as miata, but more torque and room to haul stuff around, like extra set of wheels for the track only.

Back