Vengence Tuning: *NEW* Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STI SPEC C Type RA Race Modified

• Thread starter MadMike'86
  • 246 comments
Thanks for the EVO tune, however i dont quite understand the suspension setup. since there were quite a bit of understeer but why have you stiffen the front spring and antiroll bar? Thanks

Thanks for the EVO tune, however i dont quite understand the suspension setup. since there were quite a bit of understeer but why have you stiffen the front spring and antiroll bar? Thanks

Its in relation to the damper changes, stiffer set-ups can and often do reduce oversteer, but too stiff and it will understeer, its a fine balance

Im feeling a little guilty at the moment. Ill confess now that I have used several of your tunes and havent left a comment of thanks.

Now however, I've just sampled your GSX tune, and after running an 8:32 on the Nurburgring 24H and consequently getting kicked for winning by a margin of 55 seconds(for this I blame you) I feel I need to leave a message of gratitude to brighten up the lonely and hard life of a tuner.

Thanks very much mate. You have to turn up top speed a notch or too for the ring, currently working on a nice set of fully adjustable gears for my wee bathtub, ill message you them when I have something workable. Cheers.

Im feeling a little guilty at the moment. Ill confess now that I have used several of your tunes and havent left a comment of thanks.

Now however, I've just sampled your GSX tune, and after running an 8:32 on the Nurburgring 24H and consequently getting kicked for winning by a margin of 55 seconds(for this I blame you) I feel I need to leave a message of gratitude to brighten up the lonely and hard life of a tuner.

Thanks very much mate. You have to turn up top speed a notch or too for the ring, currently working on a nice set of fully adjustable gears for my wee bathtub, ill message you them when I have something workable. Cheers.

Wow! thats impressive lol
Thanks for your comments, means alot 👍

hi was just wandering before i by an evo if i max out the gear ratios whats it top speed as i like to have as many cars as i can that do 200+

I've had the game for a while, won a lot of races online, thought I was pretty fast...blah blah blah. Being an older gent, and not in tune with the latest and greatest stuff online, I didn't even know about GTPlanet (yeah I'm that old) nor that there were such things as Tuners online and that it's a serious business. I discovered TeamLotus (u guys are awesome by the way) by accident and adopted quite a few of their tunes and with great success, shaving a second or two off what I thought were already fast lap times. I thought I was pretty much done tuning...lol. How naive eh?

I thought I had the Elise 111 RM pretty much maxed out but as I discovered, winning online with it online is not the best test of it's abilities. I could run in the mid 52's at Tsukuba for example without pushing and 52.2's if I had to to qualify or make up lost ground. Then I read here that Adrenaline was doing 108.38 at Deep Forest and my first thought was, "no way this guy is full of horse bleep". Pulled the Lotus out of the garage, ran a few laps, couldn't get under 1:10.2. Then I adopted your tune Mike, and within 3 laps was down to 109.5. I was ecstatic to say the least...lol. Took the car over to Tsukuba and could run the same 52.2's so I was pretty happy. You definitely had a new fan at that point.

Well then I thought to myself, "self, what about this LSD thing?" and it brings up something I don't get. As I understand it, generally, the idea of the LSD is higher = more stable but more understeer and probably slower. Lower = less stable, tending towards oversteer and probably faster, but harder to control. So my goal with the LSD has always been to have it as low as possible while still maintaining control. I noticed you had it set for 20,45,15 I believe. So I started lowering the values, finally settling on 20,20,10 so far and I found I could turn sharper (power off), and accelerate a touch sooner out of corners with no loss of stability. Here are the track results.

Deep Forest

Old Tune 1:10.2
Mike's Tune 1:09.5
Low LSD Tune 1:08.5

Tsukuba

Old Tune 52.2
Mike's Tune 52.2
Low LSD Tune 51.9 !!

I also took it out to the Cape Ring to test it on the Carousel and I could run flat out in 5th gear at 208 km/h (130 mph) with no problems at all as stable as the Rock of Gibraltar.

So what I'm saying is, your Elise 111 RM tune is the cat's arse MadMike and I adjusted the LSD settings to suit my own driving style as I do with any tune I find. I think the biggest difference with your Elise Tune Mike is that it does the mid to high speed corners faster than I thought possible. In fact, the last corner before the straight on Deep Forest I can now do in 6th gear with just a slight brake tap to bring the front end around, something I did not think was possible. It's also much better and a little faster on the big sweeping left hander at the bottom of the course, which is where I think a great deal of time is made up. If you can nail that right, all the speed you gain translates all the way up the hill to the next left hander after the underpass.

Great job Mike and I will be following your tuning for sure from now on. Keep up the great work!!!!

hi was just wandering before i by an evo if i max out the gear ratios whats it top speed as i like to have as many cars as i can that do 200+

Well it hits 170-180mph fairly easily, I think it will hit 200mph but would take a while and it would struggle.

There's no point in having it do 200mph though, the Evo is all about fast corners and fast, predictable corner exit.

The Evo does best in tight tracks, it has less that 600 BHP.

Use it for its strengths, if you want 200 mph, try Ferrari ect :sly:

I've had the game for a while, won a lot of races online, thought I was pretty fast...blah blah blah. Being an older gent, and not in tune with the latest and greatest stuff online, I didn't even know about GTPlanet (yeah I'm that old) nor that there were such things as Tuners online and that it's a serious business. I discovered TeamLotus (u guys are awesome by the way) by accident and adopted quite a few of their tunes and with great success, shaving a second or two off what I thought were already fast lap times. I thought I was pretty much done tuning...lol. How naive eh?

I thought I had the Elise 111 RM pretty much maxed out but as I discovered, winning online with it online is not the best test of it's abilities. I could run in the mid 52's at Tsukuba for example without pushing and 52.2's if I had to to qualify or make up lost ground. Then I read here that Adrenaline was doing 108.38 at Deep Forest and my first thought was, "no way this guy is full of horse bleep". Pulled the Lotus out of the garage, ran a few laps, couldn't get under 1:10.2. Then I adopted your tune Mike, and within 3 laps was down to 109.5. I was ecstatic to say the least...lol. Took the car over to Tsukuba and could run the same 52.2's so I was pretty happy. You definitely had a new fan at that point.

Well then I thought to myself, "self, what about this LSD thing?" and it brings up something I don't get. As I understand it, generally, the idea of the LSD is higher = more stable but more understeer and probably slower. Lower = less stable, tending towards oversteer and probably faster, but harder to control. So my goal with the LSD has always been to have it as low as possible while still maintaining control. I noticed you had it set for 20,45,15 I believe. So I started lowering the values, finally settling on 20,20,10 so far and I found I could turn sharper (power off), and accelerate a touch sooner out of corners with no loss of stability. Here are the track results.

Deep Forest

Old Tune 1:10.2
Mike's Tune 1:09.5
Low LSD Tune 1:08.5

Tsukuba

Old Tune 52.2
Mike's Tune 52.2
Low LSD Tune 51.9 !!

I also took it out to the Cape Ring to test it on the Carousel and I could run flat out in 5th gear at 208 km/h (130 mph) with no problems at all as stable as the Rock of Gibraltar.

So what I'm saying is, your Elise 111 RM tune is the cat's arse MadMike and I adjusted the LSD settings to suit my own driving style as I do with any tune I find. I think the biggest difference with your Elise Tune Mike is that it does the mid to high speed corners faster than I thought possible. In fact, the last corner before the straight on Deep Forest I can now do in 6th gear with just a slight brake tap to bring the front end around, something I did not think was possible. It's also much better and a little faster on the big sweeping left hander at the bottom of the course, which is where I think a great deal of time is made up. If you can nail that right, all the speed you gain translates all the way up the hill to the next left hander after the underpass.

Great job Mike and I will be following your tuning for sure from now on. Keep up the great work!!!!

That right there is some great information! 👍

I find the LSD settings interesting, because to be honest I actually run my personal car with lower settings also!

The reason I posted my tune with higher settings is because it makes it more neutral for everyone.

LSD tuning is individual, which is proven by your results.

I'm thrilled you like my tune, I have more coming also, but these new tunes will be more "Street" based.

I've been looking all over to find an Impreza Race Modified tune!
And now there's one from you, can't wait to try it out tonight!!

I've done your Murcielago SV and Cappuccino one's and love them both!

Thanks heaps!!

Mike, I'm a huge fan of your tunes--last night I was embarrassing a field of SuperGT cars with my Evora. I know you're busy and whatnot, but if you get around to it, I'd love to see the Ginetta G4, the Fireblade, or the Chaparral 2d. I'm pretty sure that last car is very, very good for its class, I've won several online races with stock settings.

Grad. school is in full swing and I haven't been able to do much tuning these days, but I have some free time later today. Imprezas are my fav.'s, especially the Spec C RM, so I'll definitely hit the track with your tune later tonight and get you some feedback, Mike.

Hey there, I was wondering if it was possible for you to try and tune a Viper SRT10 Coupe '06. I've been fiddling with this thing all day and can't get it to stay planted to the track. Every time the elevation changes, the car flops and goes to spin out. I'd appreciate it amigo. ;)

Mike, I'm a huge fan of your tunes--last night I was embarrassing a field of SuperGT cars with my Evora. I know you're busy and whatnot, but if you get around to it, I'd love to see the Ginetta G4, the Fireblade, or the Chaparral 2d. I'm pretty sure that last car is very, very good for its class, I've won several online races with stock settings.

Pleased to hear it!

Will see what I can do fella 👍

SS_1182: Grad. school is in full swing and I haven't been able to do much tuning these days, but I have some free time later today. Imprezas are my fav.'s, especially the Spec C RM, so I'll definitely hit the track with your tune later tonight and get you some feedback, Mike.

Look forward to it 👍

ZDUPH: Hey there, I was wondering if it was possible for you to try and tune a Viper SRT10 Coupe '06. I've been fiddling with this thing all day and can't get it to stay planted to the track. Every time the elevation changes, the car flops and goes to spin out. I'd appreciate it amigo.

Cant promise, but I'l try mate....got a million tunes going at the moment lol

Do you have a tune for the Motorsport Elise?

I just got one and fully tuned it up but it doesn't seem as good as I thought it would be like.

By the way, I like your Suzuki GSX-R/4 tune. I used it and beat everyone else by miles.

Hey Mike,

Well, I've always taken my Impreza RM tune pretty seriously since it's my favorite car to drive when race mods are allowed in online lobbies, and I'd already had what I felt was a really good setup with mine already. But I've never tried anyone else's so I was interested in your tune, and also since you have some other tunes which I think are good setups.

So I ran several laps online with mine to make sure and get a good feel for it before changing things up, and then I raced one race with my tune and another with your tune on the Nürburgring 24H track. With my tune I won the race and pulled an 8:29:179. I also won the next race with your tune, beating an Impreza Touring car (bad driver, lol) with a time of 8:33.070.

Our setups are actually very similar, and really the only things I'd have to say about how they differ come down to a matter of preference. Firstly, I run a slightly different LSD. My setup is F10/10/10 and R10/20/10. I also run my ride height at -45/-40 which is still pretty similar to yours, I run stiffer spring rates ~11.0/~9.0-10.0, and I don't mess with the ext or compression, roll bars are at 3/4, camber -2.0/-0.5, toe at 0.00/0.00. Brakes 4/2.

In the end, the setups handled pretty similarly since they are pretty close anyway. The main differences I noticed were my stiffer suspension and your higher brake settings. I think I will run 10.0/9.0 now on my car just because I think your setup handled some of the rougher areas with more control. I'm also switching to -35/-35 on my height now since I've been going a bit higher on all my cars recently as I think the suspension works more efficiently this way. But your brake settings were a little much for my driving style and I think that's really only a preference thing. I almost lost it on one corner because I accidentally locked up the car using the higher settings, which is probably just because of how I tend to brake.

Your slightly higher LSD settings did cause a bit more tire wear though. My setup used less than 1/4 of the front tires by the end, and yours used up right at 1/4 after one lap of 24H Nürb. (I've also recently revised my LSD setups because I've noticed that it really has an effect on tire wear, so this might be something you'd want to keep in mind and run some of your own tests on since you do a lot of tunes.)

In the end I think your Impreza RM tune runs great and I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't nitpick everything like myself. I really try to customize my setups to accommodate my own driving tendencies, and I'm the kind of person who always wants to do things my own way, etc. So again, nice work and I hope this review helps you out.

Hi Mike

I used your Impreza 05 RM tune last night (all except the turbo upgrade) for the Nurburgring seasonal. What a fun car. I'm no ring expert, and I'd been struggling with an upgraded but untuned 05 and only getting a close second. With your tune I passed the Skyline on the mini-carousel on the first attempt after a couple of lawnmowing excursions. I then raced against my friend's fully modded 22b online and beat him easily every time on his own custom track. Very predictable car, just a hint of power understeer on exit for me, which I found really easy to correct by letting off the throttle.

I'm wondering if there are any specific changes you would recommend for getting the most out of this car for the ring? Taller gearing?

Looking forward to comparing your Elise to the RKM one. Any chance of a Caterham Fireblade tune in the future? I have 3 so I'll be glad to donate one with all necessary parts.

Matt

@ Counter:
I do have a tune for the motorsport elise, but tbh that thing is a pig to tune, its nothing like the other elises in the game. I can pm it to you if you want?

@SS:
Great information, will have another tinker with the settings and see what I think 👍

@Anjing:
Thanks for the feedback, for the ring I would suggest taller gearing, mainly because of the straight....maybe some more front camber also

Amazing tune! Im currently using it for the 4 hour nurburgring, and it handles beauuuuutifully on it. It makes for great competition as well!

Thanks alot for the new Impreza RM tune. I tried a few other tunes that were online, and the car was absolutely horrible to drive. I'm not sure if it was my driving style or what, but after applying your tune. The car was actually fun to drive.

Brake correctly and you get awesome exit corner speeds.

Edit: I also gave it a + feedback on GT5-tuning.com ;)

Wow tried this last night on my WRX and crushed the season seven Sti race at the ring by 15 seconds even with a big spin. The car is a so fast and handles like a dream thanks.

Wow tried this last night on my WRX and crushed the season seven Sti race at the ring by 15 seconds even with a big spin. The car is a so fast and handles like a dream thanks.

No problem, thanks for your feedback mate :sly:

Thanks alot for the new Impreza RM tune. I tried a few other tunes that were online, and the car was absolutely horrible to drive. I'm not sure if it was my driving style or what, but after applying your tune. The car was actually fun to drive.

Brake correctly and you get awesome exit corner speeds.

Edit: I also gave it a + feedback on GT5-tuning.com ;)

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad my tune works for you!
Also thanks for the + on GT Wiki

P.s
If that's you in your avatar picture then :bowdown: wow, Your freakin gorgeous!

If its not and your just some dude with a hot chick for an avatar, then kudos lol

Back