Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, no way Courtney is going to be able to hold off Giz for these remaining laps. :/

Oh well.

Getting tired of all the interviews. You know I wonder all the Holdens up front is due to the fact they have majority stake over the field numbers, or are they the only ones with their act together.

Getting tired of all the interviews. You know I wonder all the Holdens up front is due to the fact they have majority stake over the field numbers, or are they the only ones with their act together.
Well, it seems FPR are trying their hardest to throw away the championship, so there's a good argument for the second option. More cars never hurts though.

Van Gisbergen drove well to take 3rd, a couple of good passes there. Good race by Pye as well.

Edit: And agree about the interviews, the team bosses look like they just want to punch them. Leave them alone during the race.

Great weekend for HRT, a win and podium results in all three races. And a disaster for Lowndes goes from 2nd to 6th in the championship. :crazy:

GRM still fighting top 10 no matter what.

Xcellent for NISSAN to finish where they did.

Once again, I juat dont like Percat and Pye. Theyre taking points away from Erebus.

STILL, to have all five manufacturers in the top 11 is good for the series.

A night race would do us fans good.

Edit: Davison passed Caruso on the last lap! :cheers:

Last edited:
Triple Eight under investigation for the car controller interfering with Lowndes' stop - he moved a tyre out of the way after it had been taken off the car.

The incident will be investigated after the race, which is typical - Whincup got a drive-through in Adelaide when the controller touched the car, which led to a furore. But no, it's Triple Eight, so if Roland Dane throws a wobbly over it (that's a very childish tantrum for our non-Australian viewers), the stewards will acquiesce.

Everyone was worrying over Lowndes and 888, and never noticed FPR and Winterbottoms car controller actually touching the car with his foot:

FPR2-1.png

To quote Tim Edwards in this same race: "The car controllers job is pretty clear, ..., hes not supposed to touch the car"

Volvo assessing expansion options.
Volvo Car Australia chief Matt Braid says the Swedish marque is currently considering options for expanding its V8 Supercars Championship presence beyond two cars next season.
Having previously flagged a desire to expand the program, Braid says that “we are getting pretty close to that time” where a decision needs to be made about 2015.

“We are on record that going for a championship you need more than two cars on the grid, so ideally it would be great to have another two cars,” Braid told Speedcafe.com.

“It’s a case of considering what the options are and at the moment we are not doing any more than that.

“If we were to do it it’s a case of who’s around, what’s on offer and is there a commercial situation to help us here or not?”
“One thing I can say is it won’t be a case of us offering another team two (factory funded) cars,” he said.

“It’s got to be something that fits into our program which would require the level of performance we would expect and promote the brand at the same time as well.

“If we can’t do that or can’t find that in the time frame then obviously we won’t move forward.

Yeah apologies probably should have quoted that bit of the article. Also, what the is happening with the Penske/DJR thing, wasn't the deadline for the yay or nay announcement supposed to be last weekend?

Although Erebus is now thought to be closing on an extension of its AMG Customer Sports relationship, Braid confirmed that discussions about expanding Volvo’s V8 Supercars effort won’t involve bankrolling more factory cars.

I'll believe that when AMG confirm it.

He said the same thing this time last year.

I don't blame him, though. He really struggled with Munnich, and he's still struggling with Lada.

Hopefully he can score an endurance drive next year, would be cool to see Huff in a V8.

V8 experts - I've just seen this:
http://www.speedcafe.com/2014/07/12/mcleod-plots-new-cars-bathurst-12-hour/

1. - Is it feasible that these could become V8 Supercars?
2. - I know the COTF is in place, but would you like to see cars and projects like this allowed onto the grid or similar in future (someone constructing a car to V8SC regs, and entering it in the races)?

Three wildcards confirmed for Bathurst.
V8 Supercars has confirmed the entries for three wildcards at the Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 from October 9-12.

As previously reported the addition of the New Zealand-backed Super Black entry will run a fifth Falcon out of the Ford Performance Racing stable.
The Dragon squad has been given the okay to field two Holden Commodores, one of which will also run in the Wilson Security Sandown 500 from September 12-14.

Dragon, which will be given support Garry Rogers Motorsport, is using the squad’s two former 2013-spec Car of the Future Commodores driven by Scott McLaughlin and Alex Premat.

Both the Super Black and Dragon entries are yet to outline specifics of their campaigns including driver line-ups.

Kristian Lindbom has been confirmed as one of the drivers of the #19 Dragon Racing entry. His co-driver, the drivers of the #29 entry, and the #111 Super Black car are yet to be confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back