Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a cracking battle for 1st. Think it's only a matter of time before Caruso gets past though.

Just when I was going to mention Caruso not being known for his aggressiveness. He still isn't but, thats not having a crack. Thats plain dumb impatience.

Should have just taken the second place trophy like he did at Winton last year. :banghead: oh, well.

Just when I was going to mention Caruso not being known for his aggressiveness. He still isn't but, thats not having a crack. Thats plain dumb impatience.
I'm sure it was 100% seeing those Red Bull cars coming in his mirror.

In any case, this shows that the Nissan's DO have the speed, in the rare chance they find it. To be honest, Caruso would be the one I would keep around, ditch the other three.

Caruso showing that Nissan's woes are as much on the driver front as the car and engine front.
If my TV was in black and white I could have been forgiven for thinking it was one of the JD Nissans, given their track record with diving down the inside into hairpins...

Pending the qualifying results for tomorrow, I may not even bother watching. I predicted a Red Bull weekend, and it looks like I should have bet money on it.

I'm sure it was 100% seeing those Red Bull cars coming in his mirror.

In any case, this shows that the Nissan's DO have the speed, in the rare chance they find it. To be honest, Caruso would be the one I would keep around, ditch the other three.

With all those videos Caruso keeps posting, maybe he knows what's coming soon...

Fantastic battle between Rick Kelly, Winterbottom and Percat at the end.

Reminds of last year, when Slade in the Erebus clearly had the fastest car in one of the races. Only to throw the race away by overcooking into turn 3.

Over cooked and didnt brake off line because of the oil on the track. Same happend to Holdsworth a couple seconds later.

Over cooked and didnt brake off line because of the oil on the track. Same happend to Holdsworth a couple seconds later.

Ah okay, my mistake. Couldn't quite remember what caused Slade to go off. Thanks for the clarification. 👍

Would not surprise me one bit.
I remember McLaren tried it in Brazil back in 2007 - they protested against Kubica, Heidfeld and Rosberg for illegally-cooled fuel. But they didn't protest Nakajima, who had the same problem. Kubica, Heidfeld and Rosberg had all finished ahead of Hamilton, and if they were excluded, then Hamilton would have been World Champion. Nakajima, however, finished behind him, and so excluding him would have done nothing. In a rare moment of common sense, the FIA saw right through it, and kept the results as they were.

So when it comes, Triple Eight will probably try it that way - throw the rule book at them for an obscure technicality which offers no advantage, but the stewards will indulge them because excluding someone is easier than listening to T8 whine about it.

Ah okay, my mistake. Couldn't quite remember what caused Slade to go off. Thanks for the clarification. 👍

Still, a sign of impatience. Mostert's tyre was going off and Slade would have cruised on by giving Erebus their maiden win.

On to Sunday. if he ddoesn't start from P1, Frosty should move up if he has enough laps tomorrow.

Qualifying doesn't look to good for Frosty at the moment.
All five marques in top 10. NISSAN looking good.

Moffat on pole, McLaughlin nearly had no.6 but was bumped off the top of the timesheet ._.

Davison and Frosty looking good over the distance. But, Percat has thrown a monkey in the wrench. I think this will be good today. Good job by HRT. all five marques top 10. REAL GOOD.

Courtney starting 2nd and Percat 4th. Nice. 👍 Great result for Nissan too with Moffat on pole .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back