Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I would hate to see the Merc's go, without Mercedes involvement I don't see them ever really being competitive enough to win championships.

M7Yl6wd.jpg

If he's smiling more about the future of EMV8 and possible sponsors(Coca-Cola would be awesome on the side of the Volvo along with beko), this holds well for Erebus running up the front all the time. Ryan and Betty always have said they can run without full factory backing. The team is good. Just need a good base to develop. Polestar are ahead of the game and it shows.

I think you're reading way too much into a photo of a guy with a pie and coke. That could be any V8 Supercar fan at Bathurst, but because it's a driver, you've assumed it has something to do with future sponsors.

Speaking if future sponsors, LDM are embroiled in a legal dispute with VESA over the sale of their second REC. LDM claim they have a major multi-national sponsor on-board and funding in place to guarantee a second car, but the sale of the REC makes that impossible. Although if they're as good as their word, I find it odd that VESA would go ahead and sell or withhold an REC, considering that they have had no takers and LDM would be able to demonstrate that the arrangement is in place.

He's clowning in a photo from the last race weekend. Im not assuming anything(I used parenthesis as smoke).

Norton confirms V8 exit.
Internet security giant Norton has confirmed that it will depart the V8 Supercars Championship at the end of the season, severing ties with Nissan Motorsport.

Norton joined the four-car Nissan squad at the start of 2013, backing the two entries of James Moffat and Michael Caruso.
Norton’s decision to leave V8 Supercars sees Nissan Motorsport without primary backing locked in for any of its four cars.

The team remains in negotiations with long-time supporter Jack Daniel’s and says it is confident of having full sponsorship in place for 2015.

“Nissan Motorsport is well down the track regarding commercial partnerships for the future,” said the team in a statement.

“We look forward to revealing our plans ahead of the 2015 V8 Supercars season.”

I say split them up. Bring over the Nismo Channel YouTube livery for one of them, and convince Go-Pro to go full sponsorship for the other.

The number on the door could have been really awesome but its a little too big for my liking. Much prefer Davison's Beko livery over this.

Last edited:
It is alright but pretty tacky for my liking. GRM pulled off the NASCAR style a lot better. That could be down to the fact that GRM have a sponsor but the livery doesn't suit the Merc. On the other hand, I don't know why V8 Supercars don't make it mandatory to have numbers on the side. it doesn't have to be full blown NASCAR style but just a small black number in a white box

As long as a car has a decent livery, I'd actually prefer the numbers to be where they currently are. When you have a good livery, the numbers can sometimes kill the look, but then I guess you could argue a "good" livery would incorporate the number properly.

Racing series have been designing around free numbers and numbers boxes for years. easy fix.
Only in series where the rules state that you need a number on the bodywork.

I actually prefer the yellow numbers - they're high-visibility, so it's easy to make them out.

Absolutely right about the visibility thing, I forgot to mention that. It's especially helpful when you're trackside too. I was sceptical at first, but the look quickly grew on me.

Updated livery's coming thick & fast for the endurances races.

Slade gets a new look with Supercheap Auto celebrating 10 years of sponsoring the Bathurst 1000.
SCARNewLivery.jpg

And new look for Ingall's LDM Commodore too with Repair Management Australia's parent company OPS Gateway jumping on board.
204ldmnew.jpg

Last edited:
The Slade/D'Alberto car reminds me of Pye/Morris from Bathurst last year. It looks good!
As for the Ingall/Blanchard car, it looks good from that angle.

Seems like they're embracing the clash with the 12 Hour by making the test day into some ridiculous gimmick. :rolleyes: Disappointing to hear that the Clipsal 500 will retain the split-race format on the Saturday, but I'm happy to have the one international event of the year later on, I think it'll be good to have a long build up to it as it's one of the non-"marquee" events that I actually really look forward to. Also, hopefully those discussions regarding the Albert Park round prevail but I'm not getting my hopes up.

The test day has become increasingly popular with spectators, so you can't fault VESA for wanting to capitalise on that.

With that Holdsworth livery to go along with the Davidson one, Erebus will have the 2 ugliest cars on the grid. Both of them are just awful.
The test day has become increasingly popular with spectators, so you can't fault VESA for wanting to capitalise on that.
Maybe not, but they're morons for blocking drivers from the 12 hour. It's a pathetic move.

I don't think there's anything cynical about it. The test has to happen, and the rules about when and under what circumstances have remained the same. The series already makes major dispensations to avoid clashing with the likes of the AFL Grand Final, so perhaps the 12 Hour should be the event aiming to be more accommodating.

Nissan have confirmed a one-year extension of their involvement in V8 Supercars, although the date has more to do with bringing their programme in line with the next scheduled batch of rule changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back