Votes: 7 1.2%
  • Nismo and Erebus

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Volvo

Votes: 43 7.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mercedes are pretty hard nosed though, they rent space out here at the Nissan proving grounds and they act like they own the place. I have to deal with it every day.

It's tough. AMG will allow Erebus to run under the Customer Sports program for 2015. From then on, I don't know what's going to happen.

Next year is hard. Because, if a new team want to enter in 2016, no one is going to invest in making cars while building New Gen '17 cars. Let alone the REC thing. This is why I think Super Black made a good move to get in now.

The same way MBA said we want nothing to do with V8s and MB Germany said you dont speak for us so, we will grant Betty this wish.
And the same way you invented fantasy stories to explain why someone said that they were going to do one thing, but were really intending to do the exact opposite all along.

As disappointing as this news it, it's not unsurprising. Ford have been slashing motorsport budgets worldwide for years now; it was only a matter of time before they backed out if V8 Supercars. I suggest you make your peace with that idea, rather than waste time and effort convincing yourself and everyone else that they're really planning on sticking around.

And the same way you invented fantasy stories to explain why someone said that they were going to do one thing, but were really intending to do the exact opposite all along.

As disappointing as this news it, it's not unsurprising. Ford have been slashing motorsport budgets worldwide for years now; it was only a matter of time before they backed out if V8 Supercars. I suggest you make your peace with that idea, rather than waste time and effort convincing yourself and everyone else that they're really planning on sticking around.

IT'S CALLED AN IDEA. Are FORD still in NASCAR or are they pulling out? Is FORD RACING/FoMoCo saying they won't invest in V8s? If you have info, share it.

Did you miss evening tea?

A sense of humour and imagination elude you. As a realist, you miss the point of anyone's sincerity and imagination. Learn to stop taking all things posted literally as gospel, as Quran, as Torah.

V8SC don't report as much news as most major motorsport. I can entertain any read I choose. I like to make educated guesses and speculations. I even try to accommodate people such as yourself by using "(I don't know)" in my posts. You have always quoted me with a snide response. If you can speak for anyone and all in this thread to think I am convincing anyone to agree with me, you need to make a poll.

I have given you respect towards your past posts. I understand you can think for yourself and your right to your opinion. Let me use that phrase, in regards to my speculative posts, "take it with a grain of salt". Use that ignore button if you walk with your head tilted back.

If you have info, share it.
No, I don't have that information - which you will immediately interpret as proof that it's going to happen. But I will tell you what I do have: proof that Ford will back out after 2015.

You have a very bad habit of immediately twisting every piece of news into its exact opposite. And then you blow up the moment someone points out that it's wishful thinking.

As disappointing as this news it, it's not unsurprising. Ford have been slashing motorsport budgets worldwide for years now; it was only a matter of time before they backed out if V8 Supercars. I suggest you make your peace with that idea...

I don't know, if Ford are going to go for an all-import strategy (as this article suggests) then maybe there is a back-story? Ford Australia winding down their operations including motorsport commitments would still leave a market in place. With V8 Supercars (or the evolution thereof) being an important showroom I find it hard to think that Ford Major aren't going to be back. Maybe they'll go for a more hands-off supply-only policy in the future but I find it hard to imagine why it's a good idea for them not to be involved.

Therefore I think this could be part of a longer-term strategy for Ford worldwide as we see a blending of similar series worldwide.

Alternately Ford are out it for good, that could actually be it :D

No, I don't have that information - which you will immediately interpret as proof that it's going to happen. But I will tell you what I do have: proof that Ford will back out after 2015.

You have a very bad habit of immediately twisting every piece of news into its exact opposite. And then you blow up the moment someone points out that it's wishful thinking.

I read the news. That pill has been swallowed. Now what?
I'm respectful of everyone in here and respect their opinions. However farfetched, illogical or zany(in my eyes) it may be. I don't blow up unless someone is making it personal.
You take every post(not just mine) you find illogical and blast people for it. You don't understand sarcasm. I see all the time you can't help but correct someone where they're speculating. Even when it's plain to see someone is being sarcastic or throwing it out there for discussion. You shoot down everything you can find. It's okay @prisonermonkeys. This is my last post in regards to anything personal about you.

I do know Wednesday, an announcement will be made. Or do I need to post a link? :sly:

As much as I'd like to think Ford will return post V8 era, as long as they are in NASCAR and have their potential "Le Mans return" program I doubt we will see Ford manufacturer backing elsewhere,

Hmm, here's some speculation: They are leaving V8's to direct funding towards a new LeMans program?

Speculating is fun. :dopey:

Gotta love it. :sly:

Now all we need are Cheerios and M&M's to sign up and we'll have a series revival
a3a83ad9-1d7f-4ada-abd4-5927603160fd.jpg

Erebus Motorsport has secured the support of another business new to the world of V8 Supercars, with Korean FMCG company Nongshim signalling their arrival in the Australian marketplace for the final race of the year at this weekend’s NRMA Sydney 500.

Nonghshim, makers of Korea’s number one “Shin Ramyun’’ noodle, will receive its first ‘taste’ of V8 Supercars action at Homebush with prominent branding on the front and rear windscreen banners of the #9 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG piloted by Will Davison, as well as a unique and never-before-seen brand activation, the Nongshim Hot Lap.

Known for their famous ‘spicy’ noodles, Nongshim will bring some ‘heat’ to race goers through their innovative use of technology. Working with racing driver, Andrew Clarke, and brand experience agency TRO, they have filmed the first ever 360 degree lap on-board a Carrera Cup car driven by Andrew.

Fans at the Homebush finale will have the opportunity to wear special Virtual Reality goggles, giving them a unique perspective of life inside the cockpit. The footage was filmed from six GoPro cameras installed in the car and ‘stitched’ together to give a seamless view in any direction you look.

Nongshim hope that the technology, while in its infancy, will give fans of the sport a chance to be in the hot seat and to have the same views normally reserved for their favourite drivers. Fans can experience the Nongshim Hot Lap by visiting the Big Top food marquee on either Saturday or Sunday of the race weekend.

Last edited:
Delete.

I'm not even stressing. If Dick Johnson has hope Ford will return, I shall to. Like DJ said, Ford's pulled out a few times from Aussie touring cars .

Last edited:
Delete.

I'm not even stressing. If Dick Johnson has hope Ford will return, I shall to. Like DJ said, Ford's pulled out a few times from Aussie touring cars .

I didn't read half the thread, just because. Pulling factory support really doesn't mean alot when you have Penske on board now, it isn't as if they will be behind the 8 ball on cars. I put money on the DJR always being a Ford, and wouldn't shock me to see it being tested in the US to get it up to spec.

This just irritates me further. How can Pye and Percat not be without a drive, one came 5th at Sandown, the other, 3rd at Bathurst, and yet someone like Wall, who has been lucky to get into the ten during his three seasons, gets a prime drive at GRM.

Edit: My guess is that Percat will co-drive with Courtney after news about Murphy, or he will take the third seat at BJR. They are looking for sponsorhip and a driver.

That's hugely disappointing after such a promising first year for Percat. As much as I would like to see him stay in the Walkinshaw camp, I'd like to see him can land another full time seat somewhere else more. In good news at least unlike the previous one he ran at Adelaide, this Coates Hire livery isn't awful.

coates-hire-livery.png

It's been suggested that Charlie Schwerkolt could pick up the Rosenberg REC. And the article claims Lucas Dumbrell will expand to two cars again.

Yeah but even if that happens he'd bring Holdsworth to Walkinshaw with him, wouldn't he? Still leaves Percat out in the cold.
Going by the article, Schwerkolt would expand to a two-car operation. But it would have to be independent of Walkinshaw or FPR, since one team can't run more than four cars.

I guess the 'S', where they come from, means "hope".

it's an 'SC'
Brand-2015-22.jpg

“The ‘SC’ moniker is a simplified identification and will generate a genuine presence as a stand-alone icon for the sport, developed as an enduring brand to stand the test of time,” said Hans Hulsbosch, Executive Creative Director at Hulsbosch.
:rolleyes:

We'll have to wait and see who puts their hand up mid-year. A new E-Class is due 2017 with a possible 4L TTV8(if Erebus are still around and MB allows them to use it). I'm excited to see how things roll from next year.

Last edited:
I was Ford/SBR until Erebus stepped in. Now, I'm back to support Ford with the XR8. Good luck.

In a few years Erebus will be a very good team and they did very well at Bathurst I think when Ford is gone most teams will not keep the Falcon.

In a few years Erebus will be a very good team and they did very well at Bathurst I think when Ford is gone most teams will not keep the Falcon.

Erebus are a top class team. Their EMGT program is excellent as well as EMV8. Davison has actually had a good year in and out of the top 10. I hope they can keep using AMG engines and silhouettes for the series.
Can't wait to see who does what for 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back