We Got A Drag Strip!!!!

• Thread starter PTK
  • 138 comments
Vote for Infineon Raceway guys, and state in a comment that you want the drag strip. It was left out in GT4 for some odd reason, and we wanna make sure they don't do the same mistake again when/if they'll include that track in a DLC.

Why can't we just use the one we are about to get? If PD can't get the license for the normal track, I doubt we will get the drag strip.

Wait, does this track have an actual 1/4m area for drag racing or are we just going to use markers on the monstrous straights to set distances?

Well, it does measure your 1/4 time, but we don't know if we can race 1/4 online.

thats why I'm only going to run this track offline so I dont have to worry about all the lagg and whatnot.. also, if your faster then me online.. you should post a faster offline time as well :)
Not directed at you Temetias.. just everyone :)

Why can't we just use the one we are about to get? If PD can't get the license for the normal track, I doubt we will get the drag strip.
Because, again, it's not a drag strip. I'm sure the license is not an issue.

You say I'm negative, but you're the one who's being pessimistic about this. You seem to think it's impossible for PD to include a real drag strip with a tree.

May I remind you of the "License Center" screen in Gran Turismo 3? Look, there's the Infineon drag strip right there, with a tree and everything!

gt3lincenstests.jpg

This is just one of many hints about drag racing they've given us through the years. Don't you think it's about time they do something about it?

Well there was also going to be drag racing in GT2, anyone remember the 3 drag cars and that drag strip on Laguna Sega? But, the game was rushed (Which always seems to be the case) and it never was included. :(

Well there was also going to be drag racing in GT2, anyone remember the 3 drag cars and that drag strip on Laguna Sega? But, the game was rushed (Which always seems to be the case) and it never was included. :(
Yeah, and in GT4 we got that Las Vegas drag strip which we couldn't race on. It's quite frustrating.

However, we now have drag racing on 6th place in the 'feedback section', and Bandimere on 2nd and Infineon on 5th in the 'most wanted tracks' section. We'll just have to see how much they care.

Antonisbob

Yup I remember that drag skyline that had like 1000+hp! And was super fast!

Yup I remember that drag skyline that had like 1000+hp! And was super fast!

1026 BHP in tuning menu , it wasn't that fast with it's huge turbo.

The HKS R33 Drag GT-R was and is 9.000 second car , some claim they broke into 8's with it. (my record 9.014)
The HKS Drag 180SX was 9.900 second car , lighter than the GT-R , RWD. (my record 9.901)

While typing this I loaded the game for fetching specs and thought , why not try beat the 9.9 barrier.
So , in no time( 4 hours ) I got to 9.830 :sly: / 1000m 16.524

There were only two faster cars in GT2 , the Cultus (8.6-5 second car) and the Escudo , 7.8 second car (see in my signature).

It's also worth mentioning that the Drag (RM) Intrepid was 10.9 second car (513 HP / 1363kg FWD)
It was faster than Subaru Cusco Impreza GT '99 (460HP / 980kg RWD)

MadMax

MadMax86
1026 BHP in tuning menu , it wasn't that fast with it's huge turbo.

The HKS R33 Drag GT-R was and is 9.000 second car , some claim they broke into 8's with it. (my record 9.014)
The HKS Drag 180SX was 9.900 second car , lighter than the GT-R , RWD. (my record 9.901)

While typing this I loaded the game for fetching specs and thought , why not try beat the 9.9 barrier.
So , in no time( 4 hours ) I got to 9.830 :sly: / 1000m 16.524

There were only two faster cars in GT2 , the Cultus (8.6-5 second car) and the Escudo , 7.8 second car (see in my signature).

It's also worth mentioning that the Drag (RM) Intrepid was 10.9 second car (513 HP / 1363kg FWD)
It was faster than Subaru Cusco Impreza GT '99 (460HP / 980kg RWD)

MadMax

Yesss the r33 drag skyline was the one...but damn you sure did break it down lol..oh and that doesnt explain why PD cant return those cars in gt5 and add a track and tree...why have the cars but not anything else to go with them?...backwards

Wish we could have timed starts and a finish line to mark the times racing co op.
Or a online drag setup. With timers. Just a thought.

:tup:this is awesome, whens this suppose to come out? i couldnt believe that didnt even have are normal test track n max speed course... then when saw drifting and nascar and no drag racing i was blown away and kinda let down:) cant wait to see this:)

:tup:this is awesome, whens this suppose to come out? i couldnt believe that didnt even have are normal test track n max speed course... then when saw drifting and nascar and no drag racing i was blown away and kinda let down:) cant wait to see this:)

It is out already :dopey: has been for a week.

Back