Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,672 comments
I am going to have to buy the Urus... and not because a dont like it. I am saving money for both the mclaren f1 and f1 kokusai. Will have to maximaze the investment!! grinding grinding

Said I’d speed run this weeks challenges before they change in 2 hours to get a few extra credits

Bought the stock Plymouth as I didn’t have it and just jumped into the race

Didn’t change the car at all so I assumed it would be equal conditions for me and the AI

Curious though, although I was faster through corners and accelerating, at top speed every other car was easily pulling away from me as the stock Plymouth seemed to max out at 140? Or whatever, in clean air and even the leader would be putting a second on my time each time

Just about finished top 3 in this race but I’m wondering do the AI cars run different set ups or less downforce? I don’t see why cars would be pulling away at max speed if we were all in the same car set up

Curious though, although I was faster through corners and accelerating, at top speed every other car was easily pulling away from me as the stock Plymouth seemed to max out at 140? Or whatever, in clean air and even the leader would be putting a second on my time each time

Just about finished top 3 in this race but I’m wondering do the AI cars run different set ups or less downforce? I don’t see why cars would be pulling away at max speed if we were all in the same car set up
They're all in modified cars, seem to have longer gears too. I always check back at the replay to see and you can spot the different brakes, higher rpm limit, different engine sound and longer gears.

They're all in modified cars, seem to have longer gears too. I always check back at the replay to see and you can spot the different brakes, higher rpm limit, different engine sound and longer gears.
That makes sense! Thanks.

I didn’t look at the replay as I was satisfied with finishing 3rd place as I was short on time! It’s cool that each car is set up differently. I thought it would just be stock!

I also really like the variety of liveries. They’re basic but it’s a nice addition rather than just different paint colours on the cars

Said I’d speed run this weeks challenges before they change in 2 hours to get a few extra credits

Bought the stock Plymouth as I didn’t have it and just jumped into the race

Didn’t change the car at all so I assumed it would be equal conditions for me and the AI

Something really wonky is going on with the AI Superbirds in that race. The grip levels are so different on the same tires that the AI may as well be running a racemod rather than a tuned Superbird.

I've checked replays: even though the AI are on the stock Comfort Medium tires, they shift as if they have the Racing Transmission. They do get into 5th gear eventually, but it's super tall and they just bog down on the straightaways. You can also hear a supercharger whine, so they are probably running the High End one.

I kept the stock tires, but I heavily modified my car. Even with all the weight reductions and racing brakes, the AI were clearly out-braking me no matter what I did. They also have an easier time accelerating out of low speed corners - despite their traction control being on the entire race. Accelerating from 0-100mph, they just win. I tried gearing, suspension, short shifting, LSD tricks, feathering the throttle, and finally chucked 140 kilos into the trunk; only then was I able to keep the AI in sight in the infield.

I suspect the game just gives the AI more grip to make things more challenging then balances them by making them bog down on the straight (hey wait, did PD just copy what we were doing to nerf the X2014s and Tomahawks for custom race grinding?! :lol: )

Note that I was running a heavily modded Superbird, but without the widebody. The widebody still introduces sudden rear grip loss while turning at high speed. The only way to prevent that is to never be at full throttle while turning hard at high speed. I put A LOT of time into driving and tuning this car - long, long before this weekly.

Races this week were interesting, good mix of tracks and events. Generally pretty easy even though I tried to use stock cars for several, VGT race was the struggle bus with a stock Genesis VGT given all the AI is on RH, had to run 1:30's to win. Urus one make I had a fully tuned car and WTC 700 I used a R32 to the 1994 JGTC specs. Always like the 6 star car ticket, even if you get a duplicate at least you can make some money even if it is a bit variable, I ended up getting the DBR9.

Cars for the week:
full

"When in doubt, flat out!", except when you're driving a super SUV!
WRKBFtq.png

the Urus is really fun to drive and I'm learning to enjoy it's design
85jOkHC.png

My car ticket gave me the very famous Toyota GT-FOUR!
s2T9iCW.png

1st clear: Urus - Urus - Ford GT - Audi e-tron VGT - Huracán Gr.4

Then I realized it's Lamborghini week, meaning it's possible to clear all 5 races using cars from a single manufacturer.
2nd clear: Urus - Urus - Aventador LP 750-4 SV - Lambo V12 VGT - Huracán Gr.4

I'll be posting more details later as it's quite late right now. Things I want to try: Mclaren 650S, P1 GTR and Veneno at Trial Mountain; the Audi TT we got last update at Blue Moon.

I don't know if it's still possible, but if you want a challenge, try to win the Interlagos event with this car:
UPQdmWH.jpg

Screenshot from May 27, 2022. Won that race by 0.141s. followed by a close 3rd (0.371s) and 4th place (0.641s)

I haven't seen any topics started about this yet. So I guess I'll start.

Update 1.40 has brought us Weekly Challenges.

Here is this week's.

View attachment 1299982

The races seem to pay out the standard amount for each event (CRB is available, too), plus ticket rewards for completing 1, 3, or all 5 races.

Feel free to discuss vehicles used for each event or if you're having any difficulty with a particular event, or maybe even a challenging/fun car combination you tried!
No rewards for weekly challenge...
How to fixed?
May have encountered these problems??

Gran Turismo 7: "So, I took that personally and hit him with the WC ticket glitch."

Ha ha, nope. The glitch cannot catch me.

Went with the driving of the Bulls for all events this week. Used the Urus for the Clubman race at Blue Moon as well as the off-road one make. One of the tracks that’s much better in the reverse and the SUV was very good there. Don’t know why there are so many haters - probably a 1:1 with those always moaning about VGTs. Just get over it.

Lambo’s VGT is a bit of a handful but still managed a comfortable win at Interlagos. Used the Gr4 Huracan on mediums for Laguna Seca and the Veneno against the other hypercard at Trial Mountain.

Got the BMW VGT from my ticket. I like that one even if it has no interior so no complaints.

Attachments

• IMG_4217.jpeg
    IMG_4217.jpeg
    37.7 KB · Views: 3
No rewards for weekly challenge...
How to fixed?
May have encountered these problems??
It’s a known bug with no fix so you’re out of luck I’m afraid!
Hello, @benneton94

@Islaygaz is correct.

Other users experience this error regularly. Unfortunately, there is no fix for it yet.

However, if you have changed the time zone on your PlayStation, this is known to cause problems.

It is not consistent week to week. So better luck next time!

"When in doubt, flat out!", except when you're driving a super SUV!
WRKBFtq.png

the Urus is really fun to drive and I'm learning to enjoy it's design
85jOkHC.png

My car ticket gave me the very famous Toyota GT-FOUR!
s2T9iCW.png

1st clear: Urus - Urus - Ford GT - Audi e-tron VGT - Huracán Gr.4

Then I realized it's Lamborghini week, meaning it's possible to clear all 5 races using cars from a single manufacturer.
2nd clear: Urus - Urus - Aventador LP 750-4 SV - Lambo V12 VGT - Huracán Gr.4

I'll be posting more details later as it's quite late right now. Things I want to try: Mclaren 650S, P1 GTR and Veneno at Trial Mountain; the Audi TT we got last update at Blue Moon.

I don't know if it's still possible, but if you want a challenge, try to win the Interlagos event with this car:
UPQdmWH.jpg

Screenshot from May 27, 2022. Won that race by 0.141s. followed by a close 3rd (0.371s) and 4th place (0.641s)
Cant use the P1 GTR in the hyper car race at Trial Mountain since its road cars only and the p1 gtr is class as a race car.👍

Last edited:
Ok, PD. The Uranus... urine... anus.... Lambo SUV is pretty darn fun, at least around the rally track. It's too bad the landing physics in the game is so broken, but that was a fun one indeed.

9a5a6df0d30feeb79a4c7f11ad25c105_photo.webp

6* gave me the Audi DTM car which I already had. Sold it for ~450k so almost as good as a 500k ticket.

Last edited:
Not a good run this time, but it was fun.
  • European Clubman Cup - RUF CTR-3 🔰
  • Special Event - Obvious
  • Hypercar Parade - Aston Martin Valkyrie
  • VGT Trophy - Chaparral 2X
  • WTC700 - Genesis G70 Gr. 4 🔰

Rewards:
  • 10k from 3-Star Daily
  • Stroke-Up S for Toyota S-FR Racing Concept
  • Dupe Lexus RC-F GT500

First of all, Happy Easter everyone !

Great to have a new set of Weekly Races, I'm right back from the first challenge on the BMB Infield and here's how it went :
The car I chose was the new 992 GT3 RS, a stock car basically with a power restrictor and ballast added.
Although I knew I would have to deal with madman Gallo in his Giulia GTAm, I de-tuned the Porsche to roughly 600 PP to meet the event's PP suggestion ..... which meant 240 kmh vs. Gallo's 305 kmh on the oval section btw.
The intention was to finish first and receiving the CRB, however, I wasn't patient enough on the first two attempts. Ran into one car double-braking in the apex ( think that was Beauvois, Gallo's guardsman ), couldn't avoid another re-entering track in an unsafe manner. The final third attempt was perfect though.
And I got the impression 600 PP seem quite right for close racing here all in all.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240329102148.jpg

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240329134839.jpg

On a side-note, sry can't help it :
Watching Gallo always makes me think of a newbie lacking in skill, using way over-powered cars to win and ending up in a wall at least once every race. ( Like me, 20 years ago. )

Last edited:
This week's delayed good/bad/ugly:

Good:
  • Two new events (one if you rushed the Blue Moon Bay European Clubman Cup to completion yesterday)
  • A couple of new cars in the Trial Mountain Hyper Car Parade and the MAZDA3 Gr.4 replacing the Mazda Atenza Gr.4 in the Laguna Seca WTC 700
  • The Fisherman's Ranch Special Event, assuming you can drive on dirt, should require only dirt tires on the Lamborghini Urus
  • None of the non-dirt events, assuming you kept the cars you used in previous Weekly Challenges, should need any additional tuning or rain tires
  • The non-dirt events can all be overpowered, even with PP limits at Laguna Seca and (in addition to the VGT requirement) the Interlagos VGT Trophy event
  • A car ticket for completing the events, which would likely get you a car that costs at least 1,000,000 Cr. at Brand Central and could get you a car that Andi will pay 7 figures for at the UCD
Bad:
  • Dirt, which means it is unlikely you'll get the CRB
  • You'll be burning somewhere around half the Cr. you'll get (depending on CRBs) on buying the Urus and dirt tires for it
  • The Super-Giulia is back at Blue Moon Bay
  • If you get one of the cheap cars (starting with the 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT3 and going up in price), you're not going to get a lot from Andi
Ugly:
  • The parts ticket (unless you score a wanted stage 5 weight reduction)
  • At 49:25 on normal difficulty (one of the longer time investments), the 573,000 Cr. with non-CRB wins is the 2nd-worst per-hour haul and the 784,500 Cr. with CRB wins is the 3rd-worst per-hour haul
I likely won't be able to put out a good/bad/ugly the next 2 weeks.

Quick tests at Trial Mountain: the 650S is too slow for ths race, the 918 and the Veneno are very fast and comfy to drive, easy win. The Vulcan seems to not be a threat like before. It does come with Racing Hard tires as opposed to SH/SM like the rest of the grid, but in all my testings it only won 1 race.

I got close to a victory using the 992 and 911 GT3. I think it's possible to win with them, just need to be faster around the AI. Still need to try the new Audi R8.

Finally, Lambo week:
cojzJxl.png

Blue Moon Bay - 1:17.7xx is the fastest lap I've seen from the Giulia. The car is just too good, an excellent choice for Tokyo 600 I might add, especially with this tune. I tried each upgrade to see what is the minimum I would need to beat the Giulia and found 2 settings: one is using any Turbo + Full ECU and the other is no turbo, but using all bolt-on upgrades which takes the car to ~562/568pp. The acceleration will be enough to beat the Giulia even on hard difficulty.
Or since there's no PP restriction, you can combine all of that with SM/SS tires for an easy win. Exeter just got a tune for this car.

Fisherman's Ranch - very easy win with a completely stock Urus since the AI is too slow on dirt.

Trial Mountain - the Aventador is an excellent choice. Very fast, very stable and easy to drive. I got a total race time of 10:02.145, 4 seconds ahead of 2nd place. The Veneno is even faster: 9:54 minutes with room to improve.

Interlagos - been a while since the last time I drove this car. I like it's design, it's so funny, straight out Ridge Racer, BUT THE COCKPIT VIEW IS AWFUL BECAUSE I CANT SEE ANYTHING! Anyway, the Lambo will make short work out of this race because while the car does suffer a lot of understeer, it's still faster than any other car in the grid. My race time was 10:09.879. Tip: all cars in this race are using RH tires, so be careful if you want to use a "normal" VGT that is equipped with Sports tires.

Laguna Seca - I don't play on hard difficulty in those unrestricted Gr.3/4 races. The fastest cars without BoP are already ahead so winning is pretty simple: you use turbo/supercharger and a bit of Fuel Map. No much to talk about. The Huracán has pretty good fuel economy and tire wear, lasting to lap 7. It's also 4x4 so it's a good choice for rainy races like Le Mans.

Back