Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,784 comments
Finished the two missing races.

Audi TT Race @ Tokyo Expressway East Ring

I eventually went overkill in this one since I could not resist trying out the TTS mk3 that I had swapped a long time ago with the R8 engine but never ever drove. So I found a tune from Praiano for a 700pp Le Mans grinding car, and destroyed the competition. Was already in the lead after turn 2 and cruised for an easy CRB victory. What a machine, gonna take it to LM right now actually.

20970568983878373.jpg

Gr.1 Prototypes @ Fuji Speedway

Oh dear, oh dear, where to start for this one. From the car? The race itself? It was an extremely easy victory, the designated car was the TS050 Hybrid that won Le Mans multiple times, beautiful car to drive but the hybrid management was a complete and utter pain, car ran out of battery and turned into a snail by the time I was in 5th gear, not to mention the main straight. Luckily rain hit hard on lap 3 right when I was approaching the pit lane, so I was the first one together with Beauvois to switch to full wets while most of the grid stayed out on slicks. They were all going at a snail's pace so it was easy to overtake them and fly away. Rain stayed throughout the whole race and was particularly heavy, so somehow I managed to pull a win. What a mess gameplay-wise though.

20970838359542893.jpg

Got the final 500k ticket and a 3* daily marathon that gifted me a whopping 10k.

I've never been a fan of the remaining two challenges at Catalunya and Fuji. It's neither favorite tracks nor favorite cars, but my main concern's always been this feel, the AI plays dirty tricks on you whenever they want.
So I did what was necessary to just get it done as quick as possible with cars close to the PP restriction ... and a bit of luck in both events : rain over Fuji and Carrazza stuck behind Blazsan ! :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240421130322.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240421122428.jpg
2 or 3 wide through "Repsol" and "Seat"

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240422182010.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240422174036.jpg
It's gonna rain soon

I'm a bit afraid we don't get a new set of WCs with the update the day before but there's hope too ... - we could as well have more new events to run than usually when Friday comes.

Last edited:
I've never been a fan of the remaining two challenges at Catalunya and Fuji. It's neither favorite tracks nor favorite cars, but my main concern's always been this feel, the AI plays dirty tricks on you whenever they want.
So I did what was necessary to just get it done as quick as possible with cars close to the PP restriction ... and a bit of luck in both events : rain over Fuji and Carrazza stuck behind Blazsan ! :D

View attachment 1349381View attachment 1349382
2 or 3 wide through "Repsol" and "Seat"

View attachment 1349383View attachment 1349384
It's gonna rain soon

I'm a bit afraid we don't get a new set of WCs with the update the day before but there's hope too ... - we could as well have more new events to run than usually when Friday comes.
Updates have never caused us to miss a new set of weekly challenges (apart from 1 week when they decided to change it from a Thursday to a Friday)

Race 1 - BMW 3.0 CSL '71 - Laguna with M Power in lite edition. Easily come to first place. CRB, got the ticket, from which I got Titanium Connecting Rods for Clio R.S. Trophy.

18f0aea0a7297-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 2 - Audi TTS Coupe '09 - tuned to 594PP and I was still slower at straights, but faster in corners. At lap 3 I came to lead that I kept until the end of race.

18f0aea405282-screenshotUrl.jpg

Race 3 - Jimny XC '18 - strange race, I was in big car while others seemed so little... Barely came to 3rd position and I won't repeat this.

18f0ae9e11d45-screenshotUrl.jpg

Sticking with Kudosprime to choose my cars for me again...

😍 Sunday Cup Classic : Toyota 2000GT '67
🤔 Special Event : Audi TTS Coupe (if we have a choice??)
😆 Lightweight K-Cup : Honda Beat '91
😍 Porsche Cup : Porsche 911 Carrera RS (993) '95
🤢 Gr.1 Prototype Series : Peugeot L750R HYbrid VGT '17

Anyone know if we can use the K20-swapped Beat in this event? Or does the PP limit us to the standard engine??

Very much NOT looking forward to taking that Peugeot around Fuji...
Been away a few days, so finally got round to this today - as I'm now sick and off work for at least the day...

Toyota 2000GT at Sunday Cup was such a fun drive. Perfectly balanced chassis, slippery but controllable, thoroughly enjoyable! Easy win on the first attempt.

Audi TTS '09 at the Special Event. This took a couple of attempts. First time I hit it completely stock except SS tyres, and finished back in 5th with some questionable driving in the middle of the race. Then decided to use the small winnings (22,500) on parts to up the PP rating and be a bit more competitive. Credits well spent, as I snuck past on the final turn to take the win by less than 0.8s.

Honda Beat at the Lightweight K-Cup was an interesting one. I decided my bone stock Beat was just a bit too boring, so I dropped in the '20 Civic Type R engine and a few parts (including wide body) and went to town. I'll need to do a bit of tuning and learn how to handle this little pocket rocket, but I still managed to obliterate the field despite running off track numerous times - including once where I got reset and lost 16s lap time!

'95 Carrera RS at the Porsche Cup, again, took more than one attempt. I tried with an un-touched car the first time but it just did not have the legs on those straights. I think I finished 5th or 6th, so I went over to the tuning shop and gave it some tasty upgrades to bring it up to 600PP (racing exhaust, brakes, computer, etc.) and left all the non-changeable items as is. On SS tyres, this thing was a lot of fun. I instantly improved my lap times by about 5s/lap and found myself chasing the leader on lap 4. I snuck past early lap 5 (just past the start line, in fact) and held on for a narrow but well enjoyed win.

For the final event, because I'm feeling low on energy and I hate Fuji, I dropped the difficulty to EASY for an easy win. 1:37 over second place. A bit too easy really. Might give it a nice livery and have another go at it on NORMAL, or HARD if I'm feeling brave!

Parts reward was something for the Toyota S-FR Racing Concept, and managed to score 500k from a 6-star on the mileage ticket. Not a bad haul overall!

Gave Fuji a couple of tries again today this time in the 787B. First race was a 4th. Second race was a second and good enough for me. It got crazy at the end. All of a sudden rain appeared on the radar. I went in for Wets at the end of lap 6. Came out in 20th, and at around T13 I entered this fustercluck:
Fuji International Speedway__1 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
Fuji International Speedway__5 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr
I TOTALLY ignored the No Overtaking warning and went from 20th to 10th through 3 turns. :lol:
Rain continued until the end, downpours at times. I just had to drive smart and ended up defending 2nd to the Mazda VGT.
Fuji International Speedway__6 (2) by 2cam16, on Flickr

Sorry I forgot to post last week's vehicle rota, for which I used the following, as always my runs are in PSVR2 and hard AI;
Screenshot_2024-04-15-13-04-50-227.jpeg

As for this week I used the following;
Screenshot_2024-04-20-16-39-55-672.jpeg

• 400pp tuned Toyota sports 800 - was able to just nab first by the end of the final lap
  • Audi R8 swapped TTS - wanted to get this one over with 😂
  • Highly modified Daihatsu copen - fun car for a fun event
  • Porsche Carrera GT - because I used the Cayman last time and I refuse to use a 911, so I used a powered down C-GT On soft tyres to good effect, only got the lead on the final lap
  • Non-GR1 version of the Mazda VGT - this thing is absurdly good with incredible tyre and fuel life, I was able to stay on sorts and do a no stopper for this race, race was also dry which helped.

Last edited:
Just got back from a holiday so got the currently weeklies done with these:
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240424111814.png

I started to use stock cars around the suggested PP but wow was the Tokyo Audi TT race not possible, so just went all out with my 700pp tune(I see the last update's changed the PP a little).
Kei car race needs modifications,
Porsche race I came 2nd in a Stock Carrera GT by a second. I think I might try tune other Porsches on SH tyres for this as it was a fun race.
Medium turbo and RM on the TS030 and it was good competition against the AI but finished with a win, J. Wong was catching me towards the end and decided to pit on lap 9...

I didn't have a lot of time this week for GT7, but did get in there last night and a little this morning to complete the Porsche Race and Road Atlanta Time Trial. I Didn't get into the GR1 race at Fuji, but I'm good on GR1 cars and Fuji for now, so I'm not gonna miss it.

The Porsche race though, that was a fun challenge, and I ended up doing it a number of times trying out all manner of P-car. I used the classic Carrera RS (tuned to 600ish PP on SS), an RWB look 930 (630PP on SM), the GT1 Strassenversion (stock on SH tires), and my old faithful 991 GT3 (640PP on SH).

The 997 in this race is super hard to catch. It is crazy fast, starts of miles ahead of you, and the AI here aren't totally inept, so it's not an easy task to win here in a low PP car. I thought once I went to the GT1 it would be game over, but that 997 was still faster in a straight line, and the GT1 just can't exit the corners like the rear-engined cars do. Even though it is an amazing thing, I still had to pull out the big gun 991 GT3 to take the win here.

Porsche GT1 Strassenversion

I don't usually post up the same race twice, but the GT1 is just so beautiful, aggressive and fun to drive I couldn't help but record it doing what it does. I was only able to manage second on all of three attempts, but it was such a good time I didn't even care. This thing has a ton of torque and horsepower and is prone to getting loose, but is surely a weapon when driven right.

991 Porsche 911 GT3

Had to bring out the tried and true GT3 to win here. This car probably has one of the highest mileage counts in my garage becuase it's been driven a lot... mostly becuase of just how good it is. As far as driving dynamics go, it does what you want it to, and for me, is a much better drive than the 992 RS. This car is tuned to Ermin Hamidovics settings (which mirror the Manthey Racing setup) and is one of the most potent missiles in GT7 full stop.

Looking forward to what next week brings.

I didn't have a lot of time this week for GT7, but did get in there last night and a little this morning to complete the Porsche Race and Road Atlanta Time Trial. I Didn't get into the GR1 race at Fuji, but I'm good on GR1 cars and Fuji for now, so I'm not gonna miss it.

The Porsche race though, that was a fun challenge, and I ended up doing it a number of times trying out all manner of P-car. I used the classic Carrera RS (tuned to 600ish PP on SS), an RWB look 930 (630PP on SM), the GT1 Strassenversion (stock on SH tires), and my old faithful 991 GT3 (640PP on SH).

The 997 in this race is super hard to catch. It is crazy fast, starts of miles ahead of you, and the AI here aren't totally inept, so it's not an easy task to win here in a low PP car. I thought once I went to the GT1 it would be game over, but that 997 was still faster in a straight line, and the GT1 just can't exit the corners like the rear-engined cars do. Even though it is an amazing thing, I still had to pull out the big gun 991 GT3 to take the win here.

Porsche GT1 Strassenversion

I don't usually post up the same race twice, but the GT1 is just so beautiful, aggressive and fun to drive I couldn't help but record it doing what it does. I was only able to manage second on all of three attempts, but it was such a good time I didn't even care. This thing has a ton of torque and horsepower and is prone to getting loose, but is surely a weapon when driven right.

991 Porsche 911 GT3

Had to bring out the tried and true GT3 to win here. This car probably has one of the highest mileage counts in my garage becuase it's been driven a lot... mostly becuase of just how good it is. As far as driving dynamics go, it does what you want it to, and for me, is a much better drive than the 992 RS. This car is tuned to Ermin Hamidovics settings (which mirror the Manthey Racing setup) and is one of the most potent missiles in GT7 full stop.

Looking forward to what next week brings.

Could you please share that Manthey Racing setup? Would really love to try it on my 991!

My likely picks for this next set:

Jimny Cup: Suzuki Jimny

European FR Challenge 550: BMW M3 ‘07

Japanese Clubman Cup 550: Honda S800

Special Event: Honda Civic (EK) Touring Car

Gr.1 Prototype Series: Hyundai N2025 VGT (Gr.1)

Last edited:
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges: Hooked on Afeela

Another new set of Gran Turismo 7 Weekly Challenges will become available to players around the world over the next few hours, landing on consoles as the local clock ticks over to midnight Thursday...

Last edited:
Back