Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 2,936 comments
1714647882897.png

My picks for this week:

Japanese FR Challenge 450: Nissan Sileighty (Just a tiny bit of tweaking to the power limiter and/or ballast, and it'll be just below the limit, even if it's not necessarily enforced.)

American FR Challenge 550: Chevrolet Camaro SS '16 (Similar case as the Sileighty.)

Special Event: Lamborghini Urus (I'll see what I can do when I limit my particular unit to 600PP.)

Race of Turbo Sportscars: Toyota GR Yaris (Though first, I'll see if the Urus can reach 700PP on Sport Softs, as using it could be a fun challenge.)

WTC 800: Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3

Last edited:
Finished this weeks challenges before the new ones come.
Jimny Cup: Obviously the Jimny
FR 550 at Red Bull Ring: Aston Martin Vulcan - totally overpowered, but hey, wanted to have some fun
Japanese Clubman 550: Nismo 400R
Special Event: Civic Touring Car. Slapped Racing Hards on it, and man, this one is really fun. Did it several times.

Gr. 1
Woah, the Gr. 1 races I'm really struggling with. Last week's race at Fuji I won due to luck with weather and changing to wet at the right time. The one in Daytona I won after like 10 attempts, it was really hard to catch Gallo in that R92
My biggest hangups with the Gr.1 Races is the lack of performance I seem to get from the Gr.1 cars.

Compared to the Gr.4 or Gr.3 races, I can win with a stock set up and good tire/pit strategy in any of those cars in those categories.

In Gr.1 I only seem to win if I'm in some Gr.1 VGT, SF or RBX2019. I can't get anywhere with the Toyota GR010, Audi R18, Peugeot 908 etc. And the Gr.C cars struggle in the turns compared to the other cars in the class.
The same for me. Gr 3 / 4 I can usually win with basically stock cars. Gr. 1 is really hard or impossible for me.
I probably tried 6 or 7 cars for Grand Valley and couldn't win.
Last race was with the 919 Hybrid - no stop with RM tyres. Fuel was fine, tyres also ok, but only came in 2nd.
Good enough to complete the challenges.

I really wanted to do it with a Gr. 1 car, but I guess I have to try something else like a Super Formula or RBX for the win

The Urus is fun as hell. I don’t understand how so many people dislike a big fat powerful rally car.

Because it's too big, too fat and too flashy for my tastes. Never liked it and probably never will, but still, at least we didn't get the dreaded Dyson one-make race.

Anyways I let kudosprime pick my cars for this week again:

• Japanese FR 450: Silvia S13 Q's
  • American FR 550: 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS
  • Race of Turbo Sports: R34 Skyline GT-R (have to decide whether to swap it or not)
  • WTC 800: Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II

Seems like a good lineup!

For this week's challenges:

3S-GTE swapped AE86 for the Japanese FR Challenge 550.

Tokyo Expressway - Central Clockwise_.jpeg

Shelby GT350R in the American FR Challenge 550.

Trial Mountain Circuit Reverse_.jpeg

Urus one-make was quickly accomplished:

Lake Louise Long Track_.jpeg

McLaren 650S for the Race of Turbo Sportscars at Suzuka.

Suzuka Circuit_.jpeg

And utter domination at the Maggiore World Touring Car 800 with the NSX:

Autodrome Lago Maggiore - Full Course_.jpeg

I did that Reverse Trial Mountain race yesterday with a Praiano tuned Chevelle. Totally dominated. I might use it again tomorrow just to get it over with.
I did the race a few days ago with a stock Shelby GT350 '65 on SH tires and was surprised it was able to squeak out a win while being way under on PP. Very fun car to drive, although it feels like it has an open diff.

Some fun stuff this week, and a couple of tracks we haven't had for a little while. Most were easy, Turbo Sportscars was frustrating because of the AI being an absolute liability. WTC 800 I ended up using my 800PP AMG GT Black Series, easy won with a pitstop but had a lot of fun with that car at a track I really enjoy driving. Trial Mountain is probably the easiest race if you want to go really far under the PP limit, quite a few options given how slow the AI is around there.

This weeks selection:
full

My cars for this week events:

Japanese FR Challenge 450: Toyota Sports 800 '65

American FR Challenge 550: Dodge Super Bee '70

Special Event: Lamborghini Urus (stock settings)

Race of Turbo Sportscars 700: Jaguar XJ220 '92

WTC 800: Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 '12

Last edited:
Kudosprime to choose my cars again...

Japanese FR Challenge 450 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
Lamborghini Urus One-Make - Lamborghini Urus (duh!)
Race of Turbo Sportscars - Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
World Touring Car 800 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16

That's actually a brilliant bunch of cars. Very happy with that set! I'll make a start on that later today...

Kudosprime to choose my cars again...

Japanese FR Challenge 450 - Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
American FR Challenge 550 - Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
Lamborghini Urus One-Make - Lamborghini Urus (duh!)
Race of Turbo Sportscars - Alfa Romeo 4C Gr.3 Road Car
World Touring Car 800 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16

That's actually a brilliant bunch of cars. Very happy with that set! I'll make a start on that later today...
Sorry to ask, how do you get kudosprime to select a random car for an event? Doesn't the "random" option pick randomly from the entirety of the game's roster?

Sorry to ask, how do you get kudosprime to select a random car for an event? Doesn't the "random" option pick randomly from the entirety of the game's roster?
You can use filters for group, country, make, drive train, etc. Sometimes you have to ask it a few times before it finds a car that meets the criteria.

You can use filters for group, country, make, drive train, etc. Sometimes you have to ask it a few times before it finds a car that meets the criteria.
There is not a tool to automatically select 5 cars for the weeklies, you do it one by one, using filters, right ?

Back