This awful track... Autopolis...
The Worst Carly GIF by Paramount+

For me, kudosprime has selected:

American Sunday Cup 600 - Ford GT40 Mark I '66
The Silvia Sisters - Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero (S15) '02
Tourist Trophy - Audi TT S Coupe '09
Vision Gran Turismo Trophy - Lamborghini Lambo V12 VGT
World Touring Car 700 - Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 '13

I've not driven the Ford GT40 or the S15 before (in this game) so they should be interesting virgin drives.

Autopolis again? :grumpy:

Grand Valley in a Gr.1-esque car again? :grumpy::grumpy: I don't hate the new GV as much as some, but it is hideous in fast race cars.

5* roulette ticket? Looking forward to adding to my collection of carbon driveshafts for my safety cars. :lol:

Oh well. I'll still have fun with it all.

Last edited:
So, just before the game spits on my face again with a DeLorean or a Tundra or another VGT...

How can I do the re-roll trick?

I was hopeful for a one-make race when I saw the Firebird Trans Am in the used car Special Picks section. Oh well.

Silva Sisters at Tokyo is a fun race on an, IMO, underrated and under utilized layout. The city night driving atmosphere is strong here.

Have your LMP VGTs on Racing Tires ready for the VGT event because the Skoda starts FAR out near the front and runs Racing Tires itself. In my test runs in the Chaparral 2X (yes...), I spent half the race fighting slower traffic. Once I caught the Skoda, it became very hard to pull away from. My wins ranged from 4-12 seconds on hard difficulty.

Granted, slow technical tracks may not play to the Chaparral's strengths, but it's still one of the faster VGTs for me, even when PP hobbled.

So, just before the game spits on my face again with a DeLorean or a Tundra or another VGT...

• Once you see the prize, close the game from the gift ticket screen (or restart your console).
  • When you restart your game, your tickets should have reverted back to their un-opened state.
  • Wait for the next update to reroll.

DO NOT exit the gift ticket screen.

:edited for better clarity

You open the tickets, then in the same screen you press the main button and you exit the game .
Usually " money " rewards never change, you might have different content, but always you're gonna get the same amount of credits.
What might change are car rewards and invitations from one brand to another but still is rare to happen.

Of course reopening the tickets must follow an update otherwise nothing will change.

First off all, redid the Japanese FR Challenge 450 again since I got a non-clean P2 the first time, using the same car - a Sileighty - but most importantly, with Sport Hards instead of the Comfort Softs I initially used. Tuning it to precisely 450.00PP, I got a clean P1, and then I did some tinkering in preparation for the upcoming Silvia Sisters round, which has a recommended PP of 500. Funny enough, I was able to get that same Sileighty to exactly 500.00PP. All I did was buy all the other Comfort and Sports tire sets, plus a power limiter and ballast. Plus a minor part in GT Auto - a Type A license plate for the rear only, just because I like the way it looks. Otherwise, no widebody, no custom wheels, no weight reduction stages - nothing.

I can definitely dig this new approach that I have to these events, where even though the PP is merely suggested, I can still try to tune a car to almost reach the exact PP - or at least get a little under it - while buying as few parts as possible beyond a power limiter, ballast, and various tire sets. Especially since I already have some fully-tuned cars for other events.

First off all, redid the Japanese FR Challenge 450 again since I got a non-clean P2 the first time, using the same car - a Sileighty - but most importantly, with Sport Hards instead of the Comfort Softs I initially used. Tuning it to precisely 450.00PP, I got a clean P1, and then I did some tinkering in preparation for the upcoming Silvia Sisters round, which has a recommended PP of 500. Funny enough, I was able to get that same Sileighty to exactly 500.00PP. All I did was buy all the other Comfort and Sports tire sets, plus a power limiter and ballast. Plus a minor part in GT Auto - a Type A license plate for the rear only, just because I like the way it looks. Otherwise, no widebody, no custom wheels, no weight reduction stages - nothing.

I can definitely dig this new approach that I have to these events, where even though the PP is merely suggested, I can still try to tune a car to almost reach the exact PP - or at least get a little under it - while buying as few parts as possible beyond a power limiter, ballast, and various tire sets. Especially since I already have some fully-tuned cars for other events.
I try to beat these races in cars about 100pp less than they recommend. Sometimes it’s fairly easy, other times it’s impossible. But generally speaking, these basic 2-3 lap races are much more enjoyable when you are in an underpowered car and you have to slide your way in to turns and dodge the poor driving AI.

I recommend everyone create a whole new PSN account and start GT7 over from scratch trying to beat all the races spending as little money as possible and focusing on using the cars you win in either their stock form or with the most basic of mods (weight reduction or a slightly better set of tires). It really makes these sprint races a lot of fun.

Anyone can take a 600pp car to a 350pp event and destroy the field, but that is what makes the game boring. That’s why people complain about GT7. It’s too easy, the AI is too slow, the single player events are uncreative. Well no ****!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone can take a 600pp car to a 350pp event and destroy the field, but that is what makes the game boring. That’s why people complain about GT7. It’s too easy, the AI is too slow, the single player events are uncreative. Well no ****!!!!!
Which is why I like Sport Mode, especially the online time trials and the championships. I like to see how well I can do against other human players, plus it makes me tons of credits in a relatively short and fun order.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is why I like Sport Mode, especially the online time trials and the championships. I like to see how well I can do against other human players, plus it makes me tons of credits in a relatively short and fun order.
But you are stuck only driving Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars. Always Gr.3 and Gr.4. Those cars get boring, especially in BOP.

But you are stuck only driving Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars. Always Gr.3 and Gr.4. Those cars get boring, especially in BOP.
If you only do the Manufacturers Cup, sure. I can't say the same of the Nations Cup and certainly not the Toyota GR Cup. Let alone the wide variety of cars we've been assigned in the online time trials. That said, I'd love for the Manufacturers Cup to somehow include more than just Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars. It could include Gr.2, Gr.1, or even road cars, and I wouldn't mind the last one even if they were rentals pre-tuned by PD.

Last edited:
Guess I'll keep doing what I did all the past weeks, buy cars that I do not or hardly know, trim them a good bit below the suggested PP level and see how things go. Chosen four cars so far which is the GT 51 ( WCKD is good ), the Sileighty, the third gen TTS and the Porsche VGT Spyder. No idea what to use in the WTC 700 challenge though, maybe an ultimately tuned DS 21 Pallas. :P

If you only do the Manufacturers Cup, sure. I can't say the same of the Nations Cup and certainly not the Toyota GR Cup. Let alone the wide variety of cars we've been assigned in the online time trials. That said, I'd love for the Manufacturers Cup to somehow include more than just Gr.4 and Gr.3 cars. It could include Gr.2, Gr.1, or even road cars, and I wouldn't mind the last one even if they were rentals pre-tuned by PD.
Championships are very few and far between though, it's absolutely not common for either nations or TGR to be around to get a different experience.

Daily Races are absoutely Gr.3 and Gr.4 fests and make up the vast majority of online racing, there's no denying it.
Time Trials are good, but that's not online racing.
That lack of variety in what you get to race is what put me off the mode entirely. Only so long I can drive the same cars on repeat, it's just not interesting.

I would, but it's mostly unranked so its meaningless and wholely competitvely dead. It's not fun to be the only A+ driver in a field of B and below.
It still counts towards other stats, like your total top five finishes, fastest laps, poles, wins...

My choices for the week, again rabdomizing with kudosprime:

• American Sunday Cup 600: Charger Hellcat Safety Car
  • Silvia Sisters: S13 Q's (I have a stock one this time)
  • Tourist Trophy: 2009 TTS Coupe
  • VGT Challenge: VW GTI Roadster VGT
  • WTC 700: Genesis G70 Gr.4 (needed to buy one since I didn't have it)

Let's see what we can do with it. Prizes aren't top of the line but still, not that bad.

I ran a few of the races before work this morning. After barely suppressing an inwards 'groan!' at another TT one-make event, I found it to be an enjoyable race. I do like that circuit a lot, mind you. Good fun in the 2014 TT (can't remember the generation), carrying all the speed I could muster through the uphill esses after the first corner, getting the car sideways into the long lefthander before the downhill section.

As for the Tokyo Silvia race... damn, why don't I do this event more often! Another enjoyable race.

Latest Posts

Back