Weekly Race Series, Week 6 - R390R246

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 129 comments
hmm, a car with an umph factor of 914. :) This should be a really exciting race. I can't wait to jump on it tonight. I still don't know what times I should be getting total on the race, but I am going to have more time this week to carve this one out. Just have to hope for no personal tragedies this week. :D

Originally posted by miata13B
hey Boom, maybe we should put together a garage of all the cars we are going to be using for these races and make a downloadable version of it with both the sharkport and x-port. It would still stink for those that don't have it, but at least the people that do have it wecan use it. :)

Thats a good idea. I have a look-see around and see if I can find me a sharkport/X-port, whatever the hell it is...

I just found out that my R390 has 2000km on the counter.
So i need to win me a new one.

I wanted to start this one as soon as possible, really looking forward to it, but now i gotta race the All-stars first.

So i will have my first T2 time for you tomorrow:)

Originally posted by made in holland
I just found out that my R390 has 2000km on the counter.
So i need to win me a new one.

I wanted to start this one as soon as possible, really looking forward to it, but now i gotta race the All-stars first.

So i will have my first T2 time for you tomorrow:)

Why don't you do it the easy way? ;) :confused: I got a game save here with 3 brand new R390's :D If you want the save or want to do it yourself but don't know how, let me know :)

Originally posted by lotus350
Why don't you do it the easy way? ;) :confused: I got a game save here with 3 brand new R390's :D If you want the save or want to do it yourself but don't know how, let me know :)

Well, i am allready halfway, so i think i will continue this time.

But can you tell me how you do it, so i know it for the future:)

A car i like and a track i like as well
...lets see where I end up
@lotus nice job at ARII 👍

Best saved T2 is 42.50, best one overall is 41.84, but i overshot the braking zone, and slammed head-on in the wall. :irked:

I'm well off the pace this week again, not that i'm surprised. :D You guys are half-gods!

Yes, i have checked it and u are totally against all the rules that apply to GTP. and all the moderators have given u many chances to shape up. but u continue to disobey there rules.. and plz dont PM anything like that again because i find it a waste of time and inaproriate
. i suggest u consider what the moderators have said to u and shape up.
- Cobraking.

Hey again Boom, back for some action. Going to do some more racing, gotta love Tokyo :). I see that there have been a few light turnouts lately. Cant wait to get going again :D...

Best save T2 40.9xx...

With this setup:

Springs 12.0/14.0
Ride H 67/68
Damper B 8/10
Damper R 8/10
Camber 1.4/0.7
Toe -0.5/0.0
Stab 5/7
Brake 18/24
LSD ini 0/10
LSD acc 0/25
LSD dec 0/45
Down F 1.00/0.82
ASM 0
TCS 0

Someone try it and give me some feedback.....?

In typical fashion, just as with the vertigo, I had this car in my garage, however, it had that magic milage number...300 miles.

Unfortunatly to the experienced you instantly know that is the number where hp starts to fall and oil changes become a thing of hope for a cure, with only strugglin results.

That means that I still havent done any racing and infact, I will be winning an all new car just as before.

Cant wait to finish this series so I can get to the actual racing of the weekly race... I live for the weekly race now...lol, no actually I just really like it.

Thanks for orginizing it boom,

talk to you guys after I have run some laps... maybe tomorrow afternoon, but who knows.

Well, I must admit that I'm a bit amazed to see that no one here seems to have this car already in there garage.
I really don't understand. Can someone enlighten me on this matter?

Would it be better for most everyone if we ran more cars in arcade mode?

If I made a downloadable garage, how many would benefit from it?

I would like to get some feedback here. I'm starting to get the impression that people aren't racing because they have to go and win the car first. Would this be a correct assumption?

Should we run more cars that are buyable?

Originally posted by boombexus
Well, I must admit that I'm a bit amazed to see that no one here seems to have this car already in there garage.
I really don't understand. Can someone enlighten me on this matter?

Would it be better for most everyone if we ran more cars in arcade mode?

If I made a downloadable garage, how many would benefit from it?

I would like to get some feedback here. I'm starting to get the impression that people aren't racing because they have to go and win the car first. Would this be a correct assumption?

Should we run more cars that are buyable?

1)Hey Boom i for one and i think a few others had to win the car again because ours had been ragged out ..and we don't have xports etc to fix the Bhp

2)Arcade cars are OK but i think it will get a bit boring as you can't do any tunning to them ..I think that we should run things the way they are JMO .:)

3)Maybe you should make a downloadable garage allthough i will not benefit from it ..But i don't mind running races to get the cars needed..
I will need to go and win all the cars that i really like again anyways because all of them are ragged out..
When i won a new car in game i would race it not knowing about Bhp loss so most of my cars are buggered..
But thanks to you guys and this race series i now know of these things:tup:

4) Dunno the answer to this question i for one dont mind..

5)yes i think that would be a good idea having once in a while a car that you can buy ..
Maybe production cars and a limited amount of mods installed (But this may cause problems aswell) people may not have enough money to buy car etc so we are back to square one
But i don't really see this as being a real problem as im sure everyone here has completed the game by now so money should not be an issue..

Thats one racers opinion
Hope it helps :)

It might be an idea to just limit it to either cars that are buyable, arcade or easily winnable.

IMO the downloadable garage wouldn't really help anyone as anyone that could use it has a 'Port and therefore can easily get any car using that.

It doesn't bother me either way, as I can get any car that I don't have within a couple of minutes using mk's program and my Xport.

here's the R390 set up i'm running :)

6.0/15.0
115/85
10/10
10/10
1.5/3.0
0.0/0.0
3/7
brakes=15/15
lsd=22/24/20
gears=
final 3.429
auto 41
1.00/1.22
asm=0
tcs=4

i use this set up on all courses with the r390 ;) universal i think :P

Originally posted by MajiiK
Best save T2 40.9xx...

With this setup:

Springs 12.0/14.0
Ride H 67/68
Damper B 8/10
Damper R 8/10
Camber 1.4/0.7
Toe -0.5/0.0
Stab 5/7
Brake 18/24
LSD ini 0/10
LSD acc 0/25
LSD dec 0/45
Down F 1.00/0.82
ASM 0
TCS 0

Someone try it and give me some feedback.....?

I will give it a go and let you know im lapping the very low 41's ..BTW what gear setup are you using?

I say keep things as it is, since I have every car in the game except for about a dozen. And if I need one of those I don't mind getting them since I am planning on getting them all eventually...

I wouldn't mind running a pure arcade car every now and then just as a contest of "pure driving skill" as opposed to "driving and tuning skill". Just my 2 cents.:)

IMO if u aint got the car ! go win it , simple as that ;) format is good as it is :cool:

still waiting to see a rally of some sort :irked: :mischievous:

Originally posted by Mr P
IMO if u aint got the car ! go win it , simple as that ;) format is good as it is :cool:

Agreed 👍

Yes get some rally's on the go :D

Originally posted by Mr P

Yeah, a rally one would be nice.

As long as it isn't the Subaru @ Swiss Alps:D

Back