What did you do in GT7 today?

• Thread starter Harley45
  • 11,892 comments
On the GTP account, I started with the Weekly Challenges at Blue Moon Bay's European Clubman Cup, which also knocked out the last of the new regular races added yesterday. I had to block the stupid-fast Alfa Romeo Giulia GTAm with my Ferrari F40 to get a clean 0.08-second win in 5:30 flat. The resulting parts ticket gave a stage 5 weight reduction for the Nissan GT-R safety car, which I didn't already have (otherwise, it would have been a Wheel of Despair as instead of saving me something north of 300,000 Cr. when I do tune that car, it would be worth 0 Cr. from Andi).

I can forget about an easy CRB sweep because the second challenge, at Fisherman's Ranch in the Lamborghini Urus, is on dirt. I had so many restarts after losing the CRB in the first minute that it felt like a win when I appeared to get a clean first lap in. A couple of side-by-side taps on the second lap somehow didn't me the CRB in the race I fully ground out, in 6:55 by 4.6 seconds. That also gave me a 4-star mileage Wheel of Despair for the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr.

At Trial Mountain Hyper Car Parade, it took a similar block of a Lamborghini Veneno in the 2016 Porsche 911 to get a clean 0.1-second win in 10:24.4. It didn't take a last-lap block, but it took too many tries to pass the Porsche VGT with the Alpine VGT Race early enough that Blazsan doesn't become a hero at Interlagos VGT Trophy. The final result was a clean 2.8-second win in 10:55.

Probably the easiest race of the bunch was the Laguna Seca WTC 700. 15:57 is what it took for me to get a clean 9-second win with the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4. The car ticket was a Wheel of Despair, as I got the cheapest possible car, the 2020 AMG Mercedes-AMG GT3. I hung onto it for tuning purposes.

I decided to overpower the 4 non-Urus Challenges as follows (list includes the Urus race)
  • Blue Moon Bay European Clubman Cup in a clean 4:46 with a Ferrari FXX K
  • Fisherman's Rance Special Event in a clean 6:55 with the required Urus
  • Trial Mountain Hyper Car Parade in a clean 9:28 with the same FXX K used in the first race
  • Interlagos VGT Trophy in a clean 10:40 with a Lexus LF-LC GT VGT
  • Laguna Seca WTC 700 in 15:37 with a 2013 Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3
The parts Wheel of Despair gave the only valid prize, titanium connecting rods/pistons for the Genesis G70 (which I didn't already have), the car ticket gave the Super Formula SF23 Toyota (hung onto for tuning purposes), and the 4-star workout Wheel of Despair gave a VW Golf VII GTI (also hung onto for tuning purposes).

Played some call of duty DMZ with friends, switched to GT7 and wasted an hour painting the Blue mini, logged on later and wasted another hour painting the red mini. This all started with the purple mini. Haha
IMG_6928.jpeg

Toyota GT-One TS020 '99 at WTC 900 24hr Le Mans PSVR2 👌

RM tires, 75% downforce, medium fuel saving, Medium RPM Turbo, Weak anti-lag, pit after lap 5.
Hard AI, ABS Default, TC off. Fun race!

Chugged out a good session today:

Logged in to the game and checked my garage, did some housekeeping on parts.
Moved onto the weekly race of the Vision GT at Catalunya, bash that out in the MAZDA LM55.
Got a 4-star roulette that won me back 30k after i spent money on cars.
Looked at the LCD and comtemplated the Jaguar to complete the cafe book!
Moved onto sport mode and did Daily Race B, qualified 3rd but got bashed around to finish 6th. Not bad but cud be better. Typical sloppy and rammers going all over the place.
Then came back to the New car dealers and bought the 2016 R8 V10 plus, shakedown at Tsukuba, then modified to 983hp and tweaked it visually. Am azimaing car with a great sound that sounds very lambo ey and fruity! Took some snaps too of the car.

More pics coming soon, onto more Racing gotta imporve my TS0202 Fuji time.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240330213029.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240330211948.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240329213433.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240330210125.jpg

Interlahos VGT race in a Bugatti VGT and easy win but lost the clean race bonus as I slammed into the Suzuki VGT car that appeared to be going backwards as I flew down the start finish straight, just wasn't space to stop before I hit him.
Laguna Sec wtc700 Skyline Silhouette, apart from going down the wrong entrance road for the pits an uneventful race was Infront before everyone pitted and was on a one stop so no one caught me. Feel a twit for taking the wrong road and it probably cost me fifteen seconds.
Did Sardinia in a Mazda 787.
Did LeMans in a Nissan G3 race car.
Won a Honda NSX GT concept on the 6* car ticket.
Won a Porsche Cayman on the daily wheel.
Bought a Judge GTO, bought an AMG touring car, bought a Toyota GT. Bought a ford MK4 GT race car. That's a few gaps plugged in my collection but a huge hole in my budget.

Completed the Weekly Challenges for both NA and EMEA accounts. Then spent 2.5 million on the new GT-One. Right now running some qualification laps for Weekly Race C, hoping to run it a few times tonight & tomorrow.

On the GTP account, I started to redo all the races with reasonable and close racing, getting through the Blue Moon Bay races and into Laguna Seca. The short details (all cars stock and with CRBs):
  • Blue Moon Bay American FR Challenge in 2:54 with a 2015 Ford Mustang GT (a poor Cr./hour payout of 310,000 Cr. with consistent CRBs)
  • Blue Moon Bay American Sunday Cup in 4:15 with a 2016 Ford Shelby GT350R (I probably could have used the Mustang again, another poor Cr./hour payout of 315,000 Cr.)
  • Blue Moon Bay Nissan GT-R Cup in 6:54 with a 2017 Nissan GT-R (the car was slippery enough I deemed it a "hard" race to get the CRB, which is unfortunate as it would net over 900,000 Cr./hour with consistent CRBs)
  • Blue Moon Bay European Clubman Cup in 5:25 with a 2009 Ferrari 458 Italia (a bit faster than the Ferrari F40 run yesterday, though the CRB Cr./hour payout is barely 830,000 Cr.)
  • Laguna Seca American FR Challenge in 3:31 with a 2015 Ford Mustang GT (again a poor Cr./hour payout of only 250,000 Cr.)
  • Laguna Seca American Clubman Cup in 7:58 with a 2019 Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1 (again, a poor Cr./hour payout of 335,000 Cr.)
The 3-star Wheel of Despair continued the theme, with the low-showing/lowest-possible 5,000 Cr.

On the Plus account, I finally made it to a Daily Race Saturday, done as usual without qualifying using rentals. Daily Race B was done with the meta Nissan GT-R Gr.4, starting in 16th in a D/mostly-S room. The only reason I didn't finish last was a pair of dropouts and a pair of bad wrecks ahead, which got me up to 12th. At least it was a clean race.

Daily Race A saw me start 11th/last in a mostly-D room. Thanks to a lot of offs and a few dropouts, I finished a very lonely 4th. I had nothing for the podium and it wasn't quite clean. I didn't lose any SR though.

After a long wait, I rented a BMW M6 Sprint for Daily Race C. I started 14th in a full room with almost all D/S drivers (1 D/A), with the bottom 7 not taking a time. Thanks to almost half the field dropping out even though it remained dry the entire race, I managed a 6th-place finish (of 9 finishers), 1:03 behind the winner. I did have a track-limit penalty in Eau Rouge to wipe out any chance of a CRB, but I got the tiniest sliver of DR.

I also got a cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair, which puked out a worthless turbo that I already had 3 of. The only things on the wheel that might have been useful were a racing exhaust and an engine - the other two items were an invitation and a nitrous kit.

LeMans WTC700 in the Ford Mk iV first outing for this car, I've dropped the front suspension by 10mm prior to running it otherwise stock, it's fast but not particularly fuel efficient. Eeked it out to three laps by which time I was 30 seconds ahead. Came out with half second lead on wets with a dry track but raining. Weather stayed as overcast into the second batch of rain which would have been better dealt with on inters that I hadn't bought, got two laps out of the wet tyres before they where gone. Put of racing hards and went out on a moist track on FM6 to avoid needing lots of fuel seems well behaved for a race car in modest wet.rsn to 8 laps having the closest car within 20 seconds of me at the end of 7... Daily wheel gave me some shocks for a honda civic.
Did fisherman's ranch on my daughter's account in the Urus that she didn't fancy doing, she killed blue moon in a lp640 (with nitro) and trial mountain in a Veno run on racing tyres.

I also got a cashless 4-star Wheel of Despair, which puked out a worthless turbo that I already had 3 of. The only things on the wheel that might have been useful were a racing exhaust and an engine - the other two items were an invitation and a nitrous kit.
Another great write-up, thank you. I hate getting tuning parts I already have - it drives me bonkers. I am one of those guys that only collects 1 of each to complete the car collection so having multiple tuning parts just clogs up that tuning screen. If only we could sell them - there is a value listed so why not?

Another great write-up, thank you. I hate getting tuning parts I already have - it drives me bonkers. I am one of those guys that only collects 1 of each to complete the car collection so having multiple tuning parts just clogs up that tuning screen. If only we could sell them - there is a value listed so why not?
With a couple exceptions (nitrous and weight reduction get 0 Cr., while an engine swap gets 30,000 Cr. regardless of the original value), if you somehow have an extra copy of the car and install the unwanted part on it, you do get 1/10th of the part's value when you sell the car to Andi in the UCD.

Last edited:
Spa, twice daily all week. Raised my DR from D to C.
After a week, I finally got my tire timing perfect, ducked into the pits for IMs, rain began on pit exit on Kemmel, rain stopped on lap 14 and I coasted home on the IMs.

On the GTP account, I continued re-running the races, finishing Laguna Seca and getting into Grand Valley. They went as follows:
  • Laguna Seca WTC 700 was not re-run, as the 15:57 it took me in the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.4 the other day was an easy win and a modest 620,000 Cr./hour.
  • Laguna Seca Sunday Cup Classic was an easy 4:17 in the 1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia at a poor 315,000 Cr./hour.
  • Laguna Seca Japanese Clubman Cup 550 was a modestly-difficult 5:13 in the 2019 Toyota GR Supra at a modest 690,000 Cr./hour.
  • Grand Valley Japanese Clubman Cup 550 was an easy 5:35 in said 2019 Toyota GR Supra at a decent 885,000 Cr./hour.
  • Grand Valley Historic Sportscar Masters is a disaster, especially if you get one or more of the Lamborghinis out front, and it is easy to lose the CRB. I eventually got a "clean" win in 6:51 with the 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400 with another starting on the pole. Even if you can get the consistent CRB, having to use a multi-million-dollar Hagerty car, a rather modified UCD car (I do have a modified 1989 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 in one garage and a modified 1989 Nissan 300ZX in the other), or hoping to avoid a front-starting Lambo makes the theoretical 700,000 clean Cr./hour not exactly worth it.
All that got me the low-showing/lowest-possible 10,000 Cr. from a 4-star Wheel of Despair. It also left me too tired to do anything on the Plus account.

I spent some time with the Fuji TT again. I like the combo. Maybe because we've had some rather spongy older road cars at the Titans lately. A bit of a race car feel is a nice change.
Also, I've been thinking about what to do with the new SUV because I'm not a big SUV fan and somehow didn't like the overweight fighting bull "stock" at all.
I have tested Praiano's 700PP tuning on the Nordschleife and like the car in the version. Driving it in eSport view, it feels pretty good (and you don't see the SUV :D ). It's still a bit heavy. But that's no reason to ditch it, otherwise I'd have to ditch the 911 road version too :cool:.

Cheers
M

I finished the Weekly Challenges and got a Reb Bull X2014 Standard from the 6* (Car) ticket, which I already have. My initial disappointment was tempered by the fact that it currently sells second-hand at a very healthy 1.47 million Cr., so I was pretty happy with that. I also for 5,000 Cr. from a 3* DM ticket.

Did a 20 Lap hard GR.2 Race at Suzuka in the Toyota GT-One. Wasn't sure of the timing but did afternoon and had the clock running I think 10x... half of the race was at sunset. Coming down the back straight with the sun just clipping over the trees was incredible.

Sometimes this game just really gets me. I think it was one of the most beautiful enjoyable races I've done since the Mission at Tsukuba when the rain stops and the racing line dries up. This felt a bit like that. Rather enjoyable.

I still love this game, and have a hard time stopping putting it down to try others.
Debating the VR is anyone has any thoughts. I just love looking at the car in 3rd person when I'm going down the straights, and I know i won't be able to do that being in the cockpit. Just not it will be a different experience, but do I need to pay $800 CAD for every few gameplay to wear it. But I do want to try it..

For some reason I decided to test the new Genesis VGT acceleration during the current 'Weekly Challenge' race. Did you know:
  • From a dead stop at the final hairpin, if you launch it in 8th you're still doing over 180 by the start/finish
  • From a dead stop at the final hairpin, if you launch it in 5th you'll still pass whoever just rolled by you before the first bend
Needless to say, that race is pretty easy in the Genesis Gran Turismo Gran Haulassinetta, or whatever it is.😁

For some reason just wasn't feeling the whole online racing thing this week. Did a ton of qualifying, just never felt like dealing with a race. Weird...so, as I sat Sunday night thinking "What have you done with you (Gran Turismo) life this week?" and came-up with nada, figured I'd burn some time on licenses.

Went better than anticipated and was able to gold all the IA stuff. Was doing great knockin' out the Supers until I got to Lake Louise. Not liking that one. Poked at it ten or so times before it was time for bed and still no dice. If it was a couple tenths, fine, I'll soldier on and get sleep another day. But it's a couple SECONDS off gold. Time to regroup.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Had a fun gaming sesh today on GT7:
  • Firstly logged on and tackled the weekly challenge races, did a licence master test or two.
  • I went to Daily Race A and tackled the Mazda MX5 Touring car race. It was fun but too many rammers spoilt it. Maybe if a bit more careful driving and could be a winner.
  • Then onto Daily Race B, now this one at Catalunya was very fun, qualified at 9th and battled all over to finish 6th, a very cool race with the GR.3 cars and very competitive on the corners. No chicane is much better to get a good exit lane on last turn.
  • Moved onto the Le-mans Sarthe, new race with the TS020 but took the MAZDA LM55 and just mucked about on it. Chasing and then stopping and then more chasing, checking fuel back and forth. Earned about 400k there.
  • Obtained a poxy 3 star ticket and only got 5k lol.
  • Moved onto the Laguna Seca final weekly race, WTR 800 or 700 and did that in the ferrari 458 and finished 2nd. Got the last 6 star roulette ticket for the car and won the TOYOTA FT1-VGT, a very cool car and cahnged thelivery to Dark grey Gazoo GR style.
  • Lastly, did the FUJI TT and strongly improved my Hot laptime to 1:33.7 overall, im so close to GOLD, I smell it lol.
Tomo maybe do that first and obtain the gold hopefully! HAPPY Racing chaps!

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240401213432.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240401211854.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240401194739.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240401194203.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240330214147.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240330214055.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240328095703_1.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240328095529_1.jpg

On the GTP account, it took too long to find the right balance at the Grand Valley WTC 600. I eventually settled on the 2006 Ferrari F430 after finding the 2013 Dodge Viper a tad too powerful and the 2020 Chevrolet Corvette a tad too slow, getting a win in 10:44 and a per-hour payout of a disappointing 770,000 Cr./hour. It's annoying that the 2015 Lamborghini Huracan driven by Haywood has a stock PP well above the 600.00 limit.

Even more annoying was the parts Wheel of Despair. It gave a stage 5 weight reduction...for a car I already put one on, so it is completely useless.

Once again, I didn't have time for a Plus run.

I found the WTC 800 at Sardegna Road Track A. Felt a little bad because it felt like I was grinding but this race is fun. First run in the Mercedes AMG '20 and the second run using the Genesis X. On my way to getting the XJR-9 Jaguar.

Rolled over to the EMEA account and ran it again using the GT-R and 911 RSR (991). On my way to getting the GT-One (TS020).

finally did 0:59,9 with rb x2014 on austria red bull ring...I was after that for about a year 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
time for little break on gt7..and driving hope silverstone gets in 🤔🤔 so I can do 1:19 around it

Last edited:
Back