What if Kaz Retires? What Happens with Gran Turismo?

I think Kaz will die long before he retires.

EDIT:

On a serious note, I would assume that he may have someone to take over. Someone he has groomed to lead for the next stage. That's what I would have done.

Let's see...someone else who's as passionate about cars and racing and who's had experience developing a successful racing franchise...hmm...I think riph has the right idea.

I think Kaz will die long before he retires
^That
and it is common sense that NOT everything in this game is K.Y. ideas or vision.
GT is made by a team of people that share a vision.
For sure K.Y. is the Captain but as in all boats there is always a Commander, lieutenant and so on, that can continue the mission and many times better cause they have fresh ideas.
For sure it will be a big day, the day that K.Y. retires but it will not be the end of GT.
Everything must (and eventually do) end, so something else new/fresh can start.

You'd have to think the next man/woman in charge will take over. Life will go on without KY, as will cars. But let's not get too ahead of ourselves. He is, as mentioned before, very young still.

Woman are you sure, I feel a disturbance in the force :) No only joking glad to see you posted It, I want his translator side kick to step in lol

Woman are you sure, I feel a disturbance in the force :) No only joking glad to see you posted It, I want his translator side kick to step in lol

If a woman becomes the head of PD, then maybe we'll get more customization options. 👍:sly:

I think everybody who works in PD knows what their core values are and what differentiates them from t10 and EA. Most important thing is that vision of the game does not change and key personnel in physics and graphical engine development are kept in-house. Parts of modelling of cars and tracks could be outsourced partly to improve efficiency of the team. Next leader of the company should also have passion for cars. Kaz sorry about the thread direction, we want you to continue :)

outsource car modelling?

wash your mouth. Polyphony is not Turn 10. There is a reason why Cars in GT looks phenomenal. And it aint due to giving your dev kits to folks in india or vietnam.

If you think more premiums are needed, then PD should hire more staff and they are actually in the midst of it.

But as a basic rule you never relinquish strengths to outside control. One sure way of screwing things up.

It seems that some think that Kaz is the ultimate of PD. He's the President, but not the owner. What if he's retires... it may be "What if he's REPLACED?" It's a business and there are VPs, or CEOs or other businessmen that will step up seamlessly. If it's a mutual decision or a honorable loss, I'm sure they will continue in his honor.

On a serious note, I would assume that he may have someone to take over. Someone he has groomed to lead for the next stage. That's what I would have done.

Late, but I kind of fear that. While GT5 is undoubtedly a competent game, some of Kaz's decisions are suspect, such as the enduring lack of a livery editor (which is a must have in this day and age), the removal of tracks (Apricot Hill, Midfield, Infineon, Seattle, Motegi, Citta di Aria, Costa di Amalfi, El Capitan, Seoul, and all the previous rally courses come to mind), the still-weak customization, the course maker which should be called a semi-random course generator, the tuning options which are going backwards instead of forwards, the apparently less-than-impressive rally physics, and the tendency to use more Japanese cars (domestics to them) than anything else in a quantity-over-quality attempt to boost car counts. Someone groomed to keep doing the same thing could cause those areas to stagnate in the dark ages. What we need is someone who will take what's already been done, secure what's good about it, and add what's missing. IMO, someone personally trained by Kaz is unlikely to do that.

outsource car modelling?

wash your mouth. Polyphony is not Turn 10. There is a reason why Cars in GT looks phenomenal. And it aint due to giving your dev kits to folks in india or vietnam.

Standards sure look very special compared to forza cars:) PD of course should not accept any worse quality that they need.

Back