What is the best track to test cars?

• Thread starter yoman297
  • 173 comments
Canada
Maritime GMT-4
Just wondering if there is a track that pushes your car besides the Nordschleife, or the Cape Ring, because I personally hate the Cape Ring.

I really like to test cars in Trial Mountain
Sweet track with sharp, high speed and technical corners...but only for road cars:)
For race cars I like Top Gear Test Track

I'd say the Top Gear Test Track. got areas where you can push your car to the limit as well as test the handling.

TGTT isnt that great because the only thing that track really tests is handling. Thats why a Caterham is faster around that track then a Veyron. I normally test cars at Laguna Seca.

I use tsukuba, doing so since FM2. Love that track, know it on the back of my hands and despite what most people will say, car that works on Tsukuba usually runs well everywhere. At least for me.

It's a rather short track too and it's easy to get constant lap on it for me.

I use Deep Forest and Suzuka to test cars too tho, depends what car. Deep Forest seems good to reveal MR or FR problem.

Cape ring. It's every possible corner put into one track. It doesn't make it a good track, but it's well suited for car testing.

Cape ring. It's every possible corner put into one track. It doesn't make it a good track, but it's well suited for car testing.

+1
For this reason it is the best.
I do a lot of testing at the Top Gear Test Track too.

I like using Circuit De La Sarthe 2009 No Weather/Time Change version to test my cars. It's a good balance test between handling & speed.

Nürburging!!!!
I test ALL of my cars there. plenty of curve, lot of bump, some nice straight, you got them all!" :D

A familiar track like someone said. Nürburgring and Suzuka are used a lot for testing in real life and it's not really hard to see why. Both suspension and aerodynamics are put to the test on those tracks.

I use tsukuba, doing so since FM2. Love that track, know it on the back of my hands and despite what most people will say, car that works on Tsukuba usually runs well everywhere. At least for me.

I use Deep Forest and Suzuka to test cars too tho, depends what car. Deep Forest seems good to reveal MR or FR problem.

Exactly, when I am tuning or got a new motor it usually goes straight to Tsukuba, I also find Monza a great track for testing cars.

Top Gear test track. Not much of a test of straight line speed, but it tests every bit of the handling in a car. My priority in a car is also handling, so a test of that for me is the most important, and for that the Top Gear Test Track is fantastic. And a lot of fun to make a lap board of with your lap times in different cars, stock and tuned. I spend a lot of time with that.

I like Trial Mountain or Deep Forest

I USED to love Midfield Raceway...

you just brought back so many memories! 👍 and heres another one y'all probably forgot about.. anyone remember Complex String? hardest track ive ever driven.. i have an easier time driving the nurburgring than i ever did this track..

I like Deep Forest, it has straight parts, some little hills and tight corners, goes uphill and downhill - my favorite test-track. :)

+1
absolutely love tsukuba, as said, its pretty short, so you keep pushing your car and can see results right away.

I like Deep Forest to start out. Once I get something to work well on that I move to Trial Mountain. After that I run them on Laguna Seca. Tends to give me a good balance of handling.

I use La Sarthe 2005 No Chicane and Cape Ring... get a cars tail to stay behind it on Cape Ring.. and you can do it anywhere else.. i love that track

TGTT isnt that great because the only thing that track really tests is handling. Thats why a Caterham is faster around that track then a Veyron. I normally test cars at Laguna Seca.

Don't tell me that Laguna Seca tests speed more than the TGTT? :D Check out which one has the longest straight and say that again 💡

My favorite track for testing cars is Grand Valley Speedway,

Has everything a track needs to be able to put any car to the test..

Back