what is the quickest road car for drag racing

• Thread starter am_xsh4kzx
  • 92 comments
skyline beats them all with ease..

LOL maybe in your dreams bud!

there are many more then what he listed, and every one he listed destroys the r34

I willl race you ANY TIME and smoke your wimpy little skyline with all of the cars listed in this thread and prove how much of a bitch that car really is

like I cant even see how you think it would beat the ZZII which has 750 hp and weighs almost 400 KG less with AWD and the same engine, the ZZII eats the skyline alive and cars like the TVR Speed 12 eat the ZZII like nothing.

Cars that can beat your skyline

ZZII
Speed 12
R8
Cien
ACR
ZR1 RM'd or Not
GT
GTR Vspec
Le Mans Quattro
Cuda 440, Merc Cougar
Supra RZ
Mercedes SL65 AMG

many, many more if you want,

add me up and ill prove you wrong.

Last edited:
Don't know the specific speed and times but from my collection:

Saleen S7 ~850bhp
Ford GT (No Stripe) ~870bhp
TVR Cerbera Speed 12 ~998bhp

are all insanely fast.

And the Skyline is indeed a force to be reckoned with.

My TVR is at 1027 and I launch in 3rd gear with Racing Softs tire spin up to 120 MPH and I beat Veyrons regularily BTW

My TVR is at 1027 and I launch in 3rd gear with Racing Softs tire spin up to 120 MPH and I beat Veyrons regularily BTW

how fast can you get your speed 12?

starts slow, picks up quick then stalls at 240 ish

i cant manage to get it to 250 in the tunnel like the cien or enzo

and no way you beat veyrons unless they are not modded and thats rare lol...and even at that, do you race them from a 100 mph roll?

Last edited:
Are you nuts!? The TVR has such massive acceleration, I do beat fully modded Veyrons with a good tune regularily, I even tuned my own and sent it to my friend to race and I either win, or the Veyron will get an insane launch and I will be catching him until we have to slow down. We do 1/4 Miles on the TGTT like the guy who posted on here a few days ago.

TVR is INSANE off the line, and starts to slow down at 220 MPH ish, doesnt top out as high unless drafting because the Max HP is at 6900 RPM and it revs to 8800 so doesnt have the power band.

Just start launching in 3rd gear and you will know what I mean by being able to beat veyrons. Give it a try.

PS, Yeah on SSR7 it doesnt go as fast and will lose but Ive hit 390 km/hr in it no draft so 240 ish, the Enzo and Cien about the same maybe a bit more.
PPS, Veyron at 1272 HP with Trans set at Max Speed just like the TVR.

Anyway the point is the Skyline isnt even close to being the fastest road car. It is actually a bit disappointing, Specially if you get a R32.

Faster than the R34? Let me make a small list in no particular order.

Nissan GT-R (and SpecV)
Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Bugatti Veyron
McLaren F1 (over time, launch is slow)
Mercedes Benz SLS AMG
Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren
Lamborghini Murcielago (both of them)
Enzo Ferrari

The TVR Cerbera Speed 12 was never produced so it may not count, but it is much faster at higher speeds. The same applies to the Cadillac CIEN Concept. But any of the ones I listed will beat the R34 stock and upgraded.

i wanna see your speed 12 run, i have not seen many cars beat the veyron in a drag race... more so by a rwd street car

if you launch in 3rd wouldnt you be pretty much spinning till about 115? by then wouldnt a veyron be gone?

I dont know man it kind of depends sometimes I just get smoked and other times I can keep up on the launch and pass or Ill just pull ahead from the start, has to do with how people have their center diff set though.

I have my Veyron at 20 front 80 rear because thats how it is in real life and it launches real hard but maybe every time Im losing with the TVR they have it set at 50/50 or close to that.

Ill pm you my PSN so we can have a few runs and test er out.

And yes I launch in 3rd and tire spin up to 180~ km/hr. Was doing 1/4 miles earlier getting some real good times.

I dont know man it kind of depends sometimes I just get smoked and other times I can keep up on the launch and pass or Ill just pull ahead from the start, has to do with how people have their center diff set though.

I have my Veyron at 20 front 80 rear because thats how it is in real life and it launches real hard but maybe every time Im losing with the TVR they have it set at 50/50 or close to that.

Ill pm you my PSN so we can have a few runs and test er out.

And yes I launch in 3rd and tire spin up to 180~ km/hr. Was doing 1/4 miles earlier getting some real good times.

I guess I better tune my Speed 12 some more. The launch is lacking on mine. :grumpy:

The Speed 12 is possibly the hardest and worst car in the game to drive if your either A not good, B have a bad tune (you need to play with it alot to fulfill how you like the car to drive) or C both.

The Yellowbird is a joy to control over this thing.

Drag race? Is that where dudes dress up like women and run down the street?? Cause I think I had a drag race last Tuesday... :dopey:

hi guys i have read all your posts and i just wanted to point out one thing i just asked a question about which cars can beat the R34 skyline M spec nur... as i had not found any cars that could beat it... i am hosting a room right now on the top gear test track please would you kindly bring your cars for friendly drag race as i would love to get a new car rather than using the Skyline all the time thank you.

PS. Room name = DRAG RACE!!! on the TOP GEAR TEST TRACK.

Last edited:
Going back to the topic. As far as I can tell, the only non-racing competition for veyron is TVR Speed 12 Supercharged. Managed to hit 254mph last night. Launching from the 4th gear ftw :D

By the way, if you are racing down the Mulsane Straight, I recommend setting 50-50 torque distribution for your AWD cars as it really helps a lot when trying to break through 240mph barrier.

I went up against one in my LF-A once and won. The R34 was better off the line due to it's 4wd, but I caught up and beat it. I'd like to note that I barely won and that we raced on the Top Gear Test Track. If it was a tunnel drag on SS7, I would've won by a good two to three cars

But then again, I lost to one too so it could have been the settings.

People keep forgetting, the 2006 Ford GT is not a GT40. If it was, they would've called it the Ford GT40.

But the top speed is immense.

Thank you so much, I was going to point that out before I read your comment.

:cheers:

The Veyron is easy to drive though it just has HORRIBLE braking and HORRIBLE turning.

Please explain what turning and braking have to do with what anyone is talking about in this thread? (Not to mention that the Veyron was to be excluded from this discussion if you read the first post :dunce:)

If you would have read the thread and all of my responses you would see that I was replying about the Veyron and TVR. Nothing to do with comparing it to the Skyline.

Going back to the topic. As far as I can tell, the only non-racing competition for veyron is TVR Speed 12 Supercharged. Managed to hit 254mph last night. Launching from the 4th gear ftw :D

By the way, if you are racing down the Mulsane Straight, I recommend setting 50-50 torque distribution for your AWD cars as it really helps a lot when trying to break through 240mph barrier.

Yep, people dont beleive me when I tell them I launch as hard if not harder then the Veyron. Ive been using RM tires to launch in 4th instead of 3rd, keeps the rpms a bit lower and helps get grip.

Back