What is the worst song ever?Music 

• Thread starter Curveball
  • 1,591 comments
Originally posted by GilesGuthrie
Oh, you've all missed the ultimate, all-time worst song...

...1 Billy Ray Cyrus - Achy Breaky Heart

:lol: That does suck pretty badly, but at least it's worth laughing at.

Any R&B song. What is even more irritating is this fad that is rife nowadays. EG. Nelly featuring JayZ, JayZ featuring Fiz-pop , Coolio featuring Mizdermena and Justin, Justin featuring Gay people pretending not to be gay. :banghead:

Also most 80's synthesized music - eg. Duran Duran

Anything on the current UK pop scene.

I'll always remember one Pog-eyed presenter calling Cheeky Girls brilliant.

Mother****er.

So that would mean that each song is increasingly worse compared to the last. Because there can only be one "Worst Song Ever." So the first song you listed to on FM is probably extremely decent?

Does that make sense? And if so, why?

Originally posted by Rossell
Anything on the current UK pop scene.

I'll always remember one Pog-eyed presenter calling Cheeky Girls brilliant.

Mother****er.

Maybe he was reffering to their arses.

Anyway, he wouldn't say they were s**ite because he's paid to say they are good.

So that would mean that each song is increasingly worse compared to the last. Because there can only be one "Worst Song Ever." So the first song you listed to on FM is probably extremely decent?

Does that make sense? And if so, why?

It does make sense in an abstract way. But one would need to rely on crappy-music-relativism to justify such a position. Crappy remains crappy for all time; each succesive song's crappiness quotient, however, has no effect on the previous song's. It spirals downward at an alarming rate, to nauseating depths of crappiness... down the crapper, as it were.

Ah, I see. I tend to agree with your assessment for the most part. There are a couple decent FM stations in the Boston area that play a couple good songs every hour or so. I only listen to the radio when I'm driving anyway.

Once I think I lucked out and I listened to about five good songs consecutively on different stations.

You have to love all the rap bashing in this thread based off of the generalization theory that every rapper says "yo". I won't go into how stupid the people who bash rap based off of what they saw on MTV while they were trying to listen to their "punk" music because it's the "in thing" with the angst-filled teenagers right now.

The worst song ever is that stupid Chingy song. I LIKE THE WAY YOU DO THAT RIGHT THURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Someone should shoot him right between the eyes. Right thuurrrrrrrrrrrr. Mother****er.

Originally posted by Ghost C
You have to love all the rap bashing in this thread based off of the generalization theory that every rapper says "yo". I won't go into how stupid the people who bash rap based off of what they saw on MTV while they were trying to listen to their "punk" music because it's the "in thing" with the angst-filled teenagers right now.

Who espoused this "generalization"?

Sublime said that any rapper who is popular (Which, btw, they're popular because they make good music) sucks. Someone else said "how much talent does it take to say yo".

Sublime said that any rapper who is popular (Which, btw, they're popular because they make good music) sucks. Someone else said "how much talent does it take to say yo".

:embarrassed: , my bad.

Although I disagee on what makes a popular rapper - rather more likely to be image then good music.

I guess to some people. It's the exact opposite the way I look at it, I don't like people who throw up the image of being hardcore (Example: Ja Rule) to sell music.

Most of what I listen to is the actual hard people who know what it's like to grow up in the slums and have to rob people just as broke as them to eat.

Most of what I listen to is the actual hard people who know what it's like to grow up in the slums and have to rob people just as broke as them to eat.

Thats is how it should be. Any other reason for listening to a particular artist is pathetic.

The Macarena. It stopped me from going to sporting events here. Bastards.

At a close second is Tiny Tim's - Tiptoe Through the Tulips.

Third place is anything by Yoko Ono.

How 'bout Las Ketchup
fez.gif

Good Morning Starshine is crap.

John Mayer's wonderland song is crap

Songs with a lot of talking are usually crap.

Tainted Love is crap.

Anything by Simple Plan and Linkin Park is crap.

Jason Mraz is crap.

Except for Grave Digger, Dave Matthews is crap.

Scream rock of the 80s is crap.

Slow duets are crap.

Back