What would YOU find dissapointing in GT5?

• Thread starter Devedander
  • 1,011 comments
So I see a lot of people talking about GT5 and for the most part, potential negative aspects are discussed in a fairly guarded manner with qualifiers such as "but I am sure GT will be an awesome game and I know PD will deliver!" as if failure to say such things might anger the GT Gods or something and bring some kind of personal hatred against the poster...

But let's be logical here, no game is perfect, GT5 won't be perfect and we all know that. It's not even reasonable to expect a game to be perfect.

So while we are being honest with ourselves here, I suggest we try something to take some of the heat and defensiveness out of the forum. How about honestly say what you currently feel would dissapoint you if it's not in GT5.

No need to say how sure you are that it will be there, no need to praise how great and awesome GT or PD are, and please don't make it a comparison against anything else. Just a statement of what you think might be in GT5 that you wouldn't want or won't be in GT5 that you would want. What would dissapoint you?

We have wish lists and expectations posts galore, let's just get this one out there honestly and openly so it's not the elephant in the room.

So what do you think? AI? Damage? Weather? Birds in the trees or how many colors of shirts the crowd might wear?

Oh and please be respectful of peoples opinions, trivial as it may be, if it might dissapoint someone, then that's not really for anyone else to judge...

If not all cars have a cockpit (concepts excluded of course).
If we wont get 3D pitscrews working on the cars.
If there are no special effects like backfire, break glowing etc.
If you wont see dirt on the cars (only slightly disappointed but i think its an important part).

Well, i could list million things like "If we dont get a GT mode" or "If we dont get tuning" but thats kinda unrealistic. :)

1. No Porsche. 5 installments later and Porsche still seems light years away.
2. No cock-pit views for 1,000 cars. Ridiculous. The damage is obviously in its early stages and probably won't be perfected until GT6, but the cock-pit views should be in all 1,000 cars.
3. 20 tracks? I hope this is a bad translation. But 20 tracks would be beyond laughable.
4. Weather patterns and more night races. To be a realistic driving simulator, the environment must be simulated as well. Driving is highly dependent on what is around you, and not just what you are driving. What's more important than realistic trees are realistic rain clouds over the horizon.
5. The progression of customization. We've seen the ability to change rims and spoilers, so it's only natural for GT5 to mature and progress in this aspect. As much as Gran Turismo is a driving simulator, there is a lot of room for Gran Turismo to grow, expanding people's passion for the cars. This is achievable through customization, and people enjoy strengthening their bonds with their cars through artistic qualities. The cars are the canvas.

Other than these things, I am beyond excited for Gran Turismo 5 to arrive.

Last edited:
I think the AI takes the disappointing spot. I'm just about satisfied with everything else.

Actually I'm disappointed in the customization aspect of the game as well, but I can live without it.

I will be disappointed if you cannot turn off the HUD.
I am disappointed that there is no porsche.
I will be disappointed if my car (3G Acura TL A-Spec) is not in the game (this one is a long shot)

Be careful, I think Deve is going to analize us all. ;)

I'll give a proper answer later, I really wasted too much time here.

5) Damage sucks
4) all the cars don't have cockpit views
3) less than 40 tracks in the game.
2) no weather/day night
1) If other people's are dissapointed with Gran Turismo.

Better not post my list, it would take a page or more. After all these years they'd better fulfill our expectations.

If the following things aren't corrected by release I will find it very disappointing.

- Sound. The tire squealing is completely overdone and the engine sounds are mostly lackluster.

- Crappy rubber-band AI that is completely brainless. GT is dead last when it comes to AI and I want this situation to change.

- I want GT 5's menu system to be responsive and easy to navigate.

- I hope they get rid of the things that make it look arcadey and not like a simulation. For example being told to "START" the race is so arcade. Also pressing a button for "reverse" as opposed to properly shifting into "R"... this has got to change.

- I want skidmarks

- I understand that you will be able to freely look around the cockpit with the eyetoy but I also want that option for the controller aswell. Why should I only be able to look left and right with the controller? I want to be able to freely look around.

- Also when I 'm in cockpit view I want the ability to customize the HUD. Seeing that stupid map and all the text when in cockpit view completely destroys the immersion.

- I will be VERY disappointed if not all cars can be damaged.

- I will also be VERY disappointed if there are only 20+ tracks making up 60+ courses.

- Online needs to be as robust and feature rich as possible. The online mode in prologue is NOT acceptable.

Better not post my list, it would take a page or more. After all these years they'd better fulfill our expectations.

This. Exactly this.

Disappointment is FAR beyond exception at this point, not that it is anyway, but at this point it's borderline humiliation.

People whining about things which are either not confirmed or rumors, damn... what's up with GTP these days ~__~VV

People whining about things which are either not confirmed or rumors, damn... what's up with GTP these days ~__~VV

I second that.

Honestly I am relatively happy person... so the only thing that could disappoint me is GT5 being canceled.

-> So far...I won't rant on anything GT5 until TGS and after (retail release) comes along. :indiff:

I really don't think I will be dissapointed but here are some things i would hope are not in GT5

1) 20 different versions of Skylines/Civics/Lancers/Imprezas/Random Japanese Econo-Boxes
2) Poor Sound
3) Too much emphasis on NASCAR
4) Lack of 60's & 70's race cars
5) 700 of the 1000 Cars are the exact same ones from GT4 and 43 of the new ones are NASCAR Race Cars
6) Lack of new performance upgrades
7) Lack of new aero/visual upgrades
8) Lack of new tuning options
9) No classic Lamborghini's and Ferrari's
10) Performance Mods that would affect the cars appearance do not show up like roll cages (Body Reinforcement), Intercoolers on some cars, and weight reduction (gutted interior & Lightweight interior components)
11) We some how get a paint shop and every car turns into a rolling billboard or gets male/female genitalia painted all over it (See Midnight Club:LA)

but really PD has never let me down so I see no reason in worrying about little things like this

Poor sound
No Day and Night in game change.
Thats all

Now is there confirmation of no actual day/night and weather change in GT5?

How can we complain of something when it is not even out? I feel dumb for posting that AI is bad and lack of customization.:dunce:

Now is there confirmation of no actual day/night and weather change in GT5?

How can we complain of something when it is not even out? I feel dumb for posting that AI is bad and lack of customization.:dunce:

The topic is a hypothetical question. Therefore, we answer hypothetically. It is not necessarily complaining, you know?👍

Back