What's your favourite Gran Turismo soundtrack?

• Thread starter Crimson
  • 55 comments
Gotta say i loved GT3's soundtrack. Lenny Kravitz? a 99 Red Balloon cover? holy hell.

but GT4 did have some kick ass songs as well..

Super Bad, Funny Little Feeling, and all the daiki kasho music too... Plus the GT4 mix of Canon is probably the best mix i've ever heard

@Husky, in case you were wondering, the cover of 99 Red Balloons was by Goldfinger.

Wow one song looping for an entire enduro? That's insane! I think I do vaguely remember it only loading one song per race start. Luckily enough even back then I was wise enough to turn off the in-race music so I never encountered it. I did have it on enough to listen to it all sooner or later, even in GT5. The menu music was always better though(despite my complaints about it's weirdness and jazziness), aside from the 1 or 2 radio songs I liked a little.

I think I have a nostalgic soft spot for GT1's music seeming catchier and "fitting" better, but legitimately GT5's is probably best by a good margin, in both quality and variety. Not that I ever have it on, of course. Your own music playing from a separate source has always been and will always be the way to go when you need music in a racing game. Unless maybe you consider GTA a racing game somehow.

Hope you like Dragula, because you get to listen to it for several hundred miles!

I think it was a technical limitation, honestly. Probably RAM related.

Dragula, Oh my god! I remember listening to that song over and over in one of the endurance races. At first I was like "awesome! I got Dragula!."

... 40 minutes after I was "SHUT THE HELL UP ROB!!!"

@Otaku Taikun

Thanks! I forgot. All I know is that it was a cover form a very old song called 99 luftballons.

No love for GT3's menu music? Man, listening to them makes me feel so nostalgic.

Just reminded me... holy crap...
Light Velocity... that song was epicly awesome.

Gonna post a vid of it, but can't get the embed function to work. It's the dealership song, but i know there are some versions with jazzy solos over it.

It was covered again for GT4 featuring a sick flute solo, but it doesn't match the epicness of GT3's version. I find it hard to find the melody of it tho, it's always solos on top of solos.

Another favorite of mine has to be the GT4 gt auto theme, lol for some dumb reason, it was stuck in my head for months on end...

I like GT1, it had some Garbage and other good tracks for racing.

GT3 was a mixed bag. I really like She Sells Sanctuary by The Cult, Stone Free by Hendrix and Stop the Rock by Apollo 440, but the rest was mediocre or poor. GT4 wasn't very good.

Just a day by feeder..... And moon over castle. Love the classics. They should make a music dlc for all the old gt tunes.

GT2 had the best soundtrack for me, maybe because was the first GT i ever played.

Sadly i didn't remember GT1 soundtrack very well since i never played it too much, GT3 soundtrack was also great for the variety of songs that it had, GT4 and GT5 was just a disappointed for me.

Just a day by feeder..... And moon over castle. Love the classics. They should make a music dlc for all the old gt tunes.

They don't need to, since you already can enjoy the classics. Just download the music and put it in your PS3. I have some of the GT Classics running in my GT5's Personal BGM folder.

Racing in Trial Mountain or High Speed ring with Garbage playing on the background is so nostalgic. Specially if you use old 90's cars 👍

I will say that it was a poor choice of menu music for GT5 going from mostly jazzy lounge numbers to these rock riffs. I'm like... "really?" when most of the songs for certain actions are these little rock numbers. I think this is what happens when you attempt to try to please everyone. People usually oppose to any genre of music that isn't rock or some form of rock. That's why the first intro had that My Chemical Romance intro. I put in GT5 the way I put it mostly on the in-game soundtrack besides some of the menu and action themes (like buying a car, scoring bronze/silver/gold in a license test, etc.).

Moral of the story- you can't please everyone. You can try, but sometimes, you have to be like, screw it.

Well Undercover Martyn got me into Two Door Cinema Club, of whom my friend adrianna is a huge fan, so she ended up showing me a bunch of their other songs. Now my gt5 sessions include tdcc playlists on repeat.

GT3 had a pretty kick-anus soundtrack, so did GT2.
GT4's was pretty meh, except for Less Than Jake's Short Fuse Burning.
GT5 has good menu music in my opinion, but the race music is blah.

hazellnut134
Gt3 menu music was the best.

It's quite shocking how I can still recall some of the music from that game!

GT4 in my opinion. Why doesn't GT5 have any Feeder songs?

They don't need to, since you already can enjoy the classics. Just download the music and put it in your PS3. I have some of the GT Classics running in my GT5's Personal BGM folder.

Racing in Trial Mountain or High Speed ring with Garbage playing on the background is so nostalgic. Specially if you use old 90's cars 👍

I would definetely buy a music dlc if they remixed the old menu music actually. I do wonder why Mrs Ohira didn't appear in GT5... probably because it was a very confusing development process :confused:

I wish we had those great songs from daiki-Jon in GT5, I also like "Shadows of our Past". I miss this great Jazz song from GT5 Prologue:

Holy crap that just brought back so many prologue memories! Thanks!

Edit: Accidental repost. Sorry about that.

gran turismo 5 best race songs - undercover martyn - shadows of our past - climax camo and crooked - just one second london elektricity - your on my mind rusko - talkbox - im not alone deadmau5 remix - head will roll vampire remix. and for lounge/sax/classic - dark line - let me see your mind - journey to one - mirage - sun haze (i think thats what it was called) - the trip and spin your own wheels. :)

Back