Which is the best GT so far? Time to make a poll. --- GT4 still in the lead.

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 484 comments

Which Gran Turismo is the best (considering its launch date)?

• Gran Turismo (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 2 (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo (PSP)

• Gran Turismo 7 (PS4)

• Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
I still stand by my Gran Turismo vote.

I couldnt believe my eyes the first time I watched a Gran Turismo demo. Tight pack racing. The tracks and especially the camera views.

GT2 set in motion my love for the S2000. Watching the tach rise to 9000rpm in bumper-cam was too good. The Saleen Mustang, Ruf, the HKS drag cars, Tahiti. Racing around Grindenwald in a perfectly tuned S2000, braking for the hairpins. The Alfa 155 at Rome night. Having a flat thumb from hours of play. Awesome game.

Then, walking to the game store during my lunch break. I see in the window, a demo for GT3. HOLY SNAPS! The GT40 at Seattle was mind blowing. I think I raced more entering the Boxer Spirit event and the test using the RGT at the test track, than any other event(the GT-R event was next). Midfield got even better.

Not much to comment about GT4. The McLaren F1. Black FPV GT on black Professors at the Tuned Car event at Apricot Hill. Using an M3 CSL in the M-Power event umpteen times. Winning the El Capitan enduro in a Motorsport Elise. great game.

GT5. Now, Prologue was good...16 cars and I thought GT5 would be a masterpiece. The "One hitter quitter" to knock all racing games out the box. First problem with GT5 was, I couldnt save the wheels I bought. No matter how the game looked or how good that 787B sounded, I was not happy with this. FPV MIA. Tracks missing. Forget weather and day night transition. I felt GT were doing a reboot. I just started online gaming in 2011. Once I started having to update the game, things werent the same. An old head like me had to get with the times. I'm glad for the advances in graphics but, GT5 could have been skipped.

GT6 got us back to better physics. I'm on and off with this game. I like it. Hate it. Like it. Hate it. Spend time buying cars and tuning replicas. I just turn it off before collecting my 2million Cr after the RB event.

I guess GT will continue to be an add-on game pack sim. I just miss the quality content of the original.

GT4 had great graphics, a seemingly endless number of cars of equal graphical quality and enough race and licence events to last a lifetime, many of which were genuinely hard. Can have no complaints whatsoever.

GT3 was also probably brilliant, but I was six at the time so I found it pretty hard :lol:

Yes, it's GT4. I Hope GT7 will earn the title since too many features are missing in GT6.
Those features probably won't be missing forever. But yes, here's to hoping that GT7 will be the best GT yet (and so will GT8 after it). :cheers:

I decided to get back into GT4 after a four year hiatus. This time around I'm using a Logitech G27 mounted on a Fanatec wheel stand and oh the fun :)

In the old days I played GT4 initially on a PS2 controller, then a "cheap" wheel, and finally a G25. With the G25 I remember the "death grip" often required due to oscillation of the wheel. Those days are over thanks to the G27. If you haven't played GT4 on a G27 you are really missing something. The game is still a blast. The classic tracks are fun galore, great sense of speed, and the events are challenging, e.g., mission 34 and special conditions hard.

I play GT5 and GT6 on a modified Obutto with Fanatec CSW, CSP, and CSS gear. Didn't want to monkey with tearing that up and down for GT4 to mount the G27 so went with the Fanatec wheel stand for the G27. I wanted to get back into GT3 as well but unfortunately found the game play to be horrible with the G27 and I just can not go back to using a hand controller. Alas, I'm done with GT3.

GT4 in 1080i looks great on my 51 inch plasma. Not bad for a PS2 considering we're now two generations downstream.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about pulling my PS2 out of the closet. Been jonesin' for some El Capitan and Seattle.

I voted Gran Turismo PSP solely because it still contains some of the original circuits that didn't make it into GT5/6 and it's voiced over by Jay Leno.

GT3 based purely on nostalgia.

GT4 because it it the best.

GT PSP, because they finally got it right.

GT6 because it is getting there.

Voted for GT3 by the way.

I know it's been awhile for this thread, but no matter what GT3 with a nod to GT4.

It's something about GT3 that never leaves me it just might be nostalgia, but even GT4 doesn't have that feeling, and I played it longer than GT3.

It really might just be the balance and progression of the game just like other PS2 games you didn't end up having enough money to buy the most expensive cars until you were almost possibly halfway done with the career.

I miss that in most of these games now I think we need another GT3.

Sigh......:(

The even numbered games have tended to be better than the odd numbered ones, purely because they've been the sequels to games that have usually been brought out early on a new system. PD have learnt from mistakes and have a better understanding of the platform they're working with and know how to push that system to it's limits by the time the second game is developed. You also get/got the feeling that the 'odd' games were pushed into being published, probably with pressure from Sony, before they were really ready.

GT2 was the best for me. It bettered GT1 in every single regard and set up an expectation of bigger and better that no subsequent GT title has quite managed to live up to, in my eyes.

I went ahead and added GT4 to my list alongside GT PSP because it was damn fun and I have a lot of great memories playing it.

I voted for GT4. If i would do a lets play about it, it would take a year to finish it. Also it would contain over 100 parts. That's almost extreme! Also the huge amount of cars and tracks makes it even more fun. The only thing i dislike in GT4 are the many license tests which take forever to complete.

But GT6 was also a huge improvement to GT5. So I like GT6 aswell.

The even numbered games have tended to be better than the odd numbered ones, purely because they've been the sequels to games that have usually been brought out early on a new system. PD have learnt from mistakes and have a better understanding of the platform they're working with and know how to push that system to it's limits by the time the second game is developed. You also get/got the feeling that the 'odd' games were pushed into being published, probably with pressure from Sony, before they were really ready.

This.

I can't think of a time where I pre-ordered or immediately picked up an odd numbered GT release. By the time I got GT3 and GT5, their successors were soon on their way. I never had GT1, but GT2 is what got me started 15 years ago...

GT6 is getting better... I still hold my vote for it!

GT4. The best. One, and only reason why I stopped myself from getting a 360. That game had a sense of fun, which went AWOL in GT5....btw, I started from GT2. Another great game. Had GT3. Also a kickass title, only slightly disappointed by a shrunken car list and that darn roulette prize thingy.

I played GT2 for ages and had the most fun with it. I loved it's car list, and I found out about car manufacturers that I never would have heard of (RUF, Venturi, Vector and others).

GT4 is the best, the second place is probably GT6, despite all the delayed updates, GT6 was a great game on day 1, if GT7 improves on what GT6 is then GT7 can de-throne GT4.

I'd have to go with GT1, probably some sentimental reasons but this game put other driving games to shame on release, the amount of cars, the tuning, race modifications etc and set the standard for others to beat.

image_ps2_2_173.jpg

:(

...the days when everything was perfect... Why, Yamauchi San? Why?

Back