Which of the 5 Group C cars is your favourite and why?

• Thread starter salberts93
  • 57 comments

Which of the 5 Group C cars is your favourite and why?

• Jaguar XJR-9 '88

• Mazda 787B '91

• Mercedes Sauber C9 '89

• Nissan R92CP '92

• Porsche 962C '88

Results are only viewable after voting.
salberts93
Having now gotten all of them, the Mercedes C9, Jaguar XJR9, Mazda 787B, Nissan R92CP and the Porsche 962C, I wanted to started a fun discussion topic about these cars. Which is your favourite and why?
Personally, I like how each of these cars feels distinct, such different engine types in all of them. Picking a favourite is hard, the Mazda is hugely appealing, as is the Mercedes. But I think the big V12 Jaguar wins it for me.

787b It's hard to put into words how emotionally moving this car is for me... I don't even like "real" racing it.. I go to the cockpit view, have WobbleCam2 active.. the headphones off and dive into the Driving experience almost 100%.

So far it's tied between the 962C and the Sauber for me.

I love Porsche's though so I'm a bit biased.

The Sauber is a surprising car, I feel like it has more downforce than the 962C.

I have to try the others again to really get the feeling of them.

Last edited:
I haven't yet got to try those 5 cars in GT7 yet, but in Sport I had them all and really loved the Porsche. If the GT7 version drives anything like the GTS version then I am sure to love it in this game too.

787b for the sound , 962C for its World Sportscar dominance and old school turbo configuration (nothing...nothing... BOOST)

Makes me want the Nissan R89C and Toyota 88CV in the game again though having this race on Daily C at the minute.

Title's too short. It should be:
Hahah fair but I do like that good V12 in the Jaaaag

I haven't yet got to try those 5 cars in GT7 yet, but in Sport I had them all and really loved the Porsche. If the GT7 version drives anything like the GTS version then I am sure to love it in this game too.
I don't think I got the Porsche in GTS, in GT7 it's one of the more stable ones, good familiar Porsche soundtrack. Good car :)

787B due to the sound and the livery. Both iconic and very distinctive, to the point they became legendary. The car also has very good proportions, as most Gr.C cars have. But the Mazda has that sleek front (it's similar to the Sauber) and is not that crazy with it's rear wing, and the wheel covers don't seem out of place either.

I don't dislike any of these Gr.C cars, love them all in fact, but the Mazda is definitely my favourite.

There's one Group C car that I really want PD to include in the game, and one that has appeared in past Gran Turismos. The Peugeot 905B Evo, the 1992 Le Mans winner, as well as a car with an iconic design (late era of the Group C) and that had a V10 engine that sounded like a F1 car.

Another car greatly appreciated would be the Jaguar XJR-14, a car also unique in design and livery (all purple) and that was also very successful as far as I remember.

I would reaaaaally love to have the Peugeot 905 in the game.

Gotta be the XJR-9 for me.

When the revs from that screaming NA 7-litre V12 build to maximum, and you slam that clunky manual into a new gear. The belch of flames that spew from the center-mounted rear exhaust is spectacular. Then you repeat for the next gear, and the next.

Every. Single. Time.

Ridiculously huge fireballs out the rear of the XJR-9 literally every time you upshift, that’s what does it for me.

Last edited:
Gotta be the XJR-9 for me.

When the revs from that screaming NA 7-litre V12 build to maximum, and you slam that clunky manual into a new gear. The belch of flames that spew from the center-mounted rear exhaust is spectacular. Then you repeat for the next gear, and the next.

Every. Single. Time.

Ridiculously huge fireballs out the rear of the XJR-9 literally every time you upshift, that’s what does it for me.
Same, while I love all the Group C cars, the livery + JAAAAAAG + the fireballs just does it for me. Plus the wheel covers over the rear wheels were always an interesting feature to me, especially when watching the pitstop animations completely ignore them haha

I like everyone. My heart has space for everyone. I love the aesthetics of these cars.

Potentially, what other cars in the category do you think will appear in GT7?

Being optimistic, I believe that PD will bring us:

• Toyota 88C-V '88
  • Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92.
  • Nissan R89C '89

Because the PD must already have data on these cars.

Last edited:
I like everyone. My heart has space for everyone. I love the aesthetics of these cars.

Potentially, what other cars in the category do you think will appear in GT7?

Being optimistic, I believe that PD will bring us, because the PD must already have data on these cars.

• Toyota 88C-V '88
  • Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92.
  • Nissan R89C '89
I had forgotten about the 88C-V, I remember using that to wheelie and crazy top speeds in GT4, good times!

787B. The noise. The shift animation and especially, the Info display for us non-HUD users. Always love looking at the RAYS wheels(used to put those on many of my cars in GT4). The styling is awesome, with its low wing.

I love all five though. Best cars in GT Sport and this game.

The title of favourite Group C car is kept warm by the 787B until we get the Minolta again 😍
I'd much prefer the introduction of the TS010, when it comes to Toyota's Group C racers. It'd make things a bit more complete, what with the TS030, TS050, GR010, and the likely future addition of the TS020.

I like the brute turbo power of the Nissan R92CP. Hoping we get one of the turbo Toyota’s from the era (probably the Minolta car).

I do hope PD bring back the Peugeot 905B. Would love to hear it with the improved sound.

I like the brute turbo power of the Nissan R92CP. Hoping we get one of the turbo Toyota’s from the era (probably the Minolta car).

I do hope PD bring back the Peugeot 905B. Would love to hear it with the improved sound.
Plus, the view from the cockpit.

I only own the Sauber C9 - just bought it today, in the hopes it'll potentially be better for the Gr.1 races than my Audi R18 TDI '11 - but I'd say my favorite Group C racer that isn't the 787B is the Nissan. I just like the way it looks.

As for my favorite Group C car that isn't in GT yet - but I think would be a likely addition - I'd say the Toyota TS010, as it'd compliment the other Gr.1 Toyotas perfectly. Especially if they end up adding the TS020. But it'd also be part of the Group C era that we seem to get the most cars for in GT, being mostly the late 80s/early 90s era. Not to say the 88C-V couldn't return - as it is indeed from the late 80s - but I just feel that the TS010 would be far more appropriate, especially with the recent addition of the GR010.

The un-raced Alfa Romeo SE 048SP would be great, too, especially to give Alfa Romeo a Gr.1 car.

I mean, either of these would certainly be more likely than the Group C racers from Lancia or Lamborghini, which came in the early 80s. And on that note, I hope a good chunk of GTP/LMH cars come to GT, as it'd both give Gr.1 representation to automakers like Lamborghini, Acura, Cadillac, BMW, and Ferrari - as well as Lexus and McLaren, potentially - but also to automakers that could use a more updated Gr.1 car, like for Porsche or Alpine. On that note, I'm really hoping the GM Design VGT is both still active, and ends up being a hypothetical Gr.1 version of the C8 Corvette.

I'd much prefer the introduction of the TS010, when it comes to Toyota's Group C racers. It'd make things a bit more complete, what with the TS030, TS050, GR010, and the likely future addition of the TS020.
It would be nice to have the whole set. However, there's plenty of SSD space for the entire family, no need to pick and choose anymore.

It would be nice to have the whole set. However, there's plenty of SSD space for the entire family, no need to pick and choose anymore.
Sure there's enough space, but I feel that having two Group C racers from the same automaker would be redundant. That is, unless there are notable differences, like how the Audi R18 TDI '11 is a diesel hybrid, whereas the 2016 one is an electric hybrid, but both were in the LMP1 class.

Last edited:
Back