Why Did Pharrell Williams Visit Polyphony Digital's Tokyo Studio?

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 48 comments

Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Why Did Pharrell Williams Visit Polyphony Digital’s Tokyo Studio?

Superstar musician Pharrell Williams met with Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi and Polyphony Digital staff at the company’s offices in Tokyo, Japan. The visit was announced by Yamauchi himself on social media as he shared several photos of the occasion...

Last edited:
Hoped it could have to do with some cars of his being included, but it doesn't look so impressive...
1712830680990.png

Moon Over The Castle remix.

Kaz playing bongos and customized flute in some kind weird backing percussion rendition.

Eyes closed, head swaying around, totally captivated/lost in the rythym.

Collaborating with Goldie for a drum n bass remix on the b side.

Last edited:
I certainly hope it's music because the GT soundtracks fell off for me after GT4.

Yes, used to have top tier soundtracks in early editions.

Introduced me to bloc party who I still love listening to now

(Plus one of the band is from Bournemouth and like me is a massive AFC Bournemouth fan, and chat regularly. Really sound bloke, and get along despite polar opposite political views ;))

Bloc party are no more, but I keep joking about him arranging getting their music back into gt :)

Last edited:
GT has music?
I know GT1's soundtrack as it was novel for me to have actual music playing while racing.

I know nothing from any game after that apart from chk chk chk aahhhh oh yeah.

Outside of the video that plays when you start the game, I couldn't pick out one track from the game. Muting the music is one of the very first things I did. And I haven't touch music rally or whatever it's called since launch, I think it was part of a tutorial lol.

Muting the music is the second most important thing you do in all GT games
Man, I absolutely loved the soundtrack in GT2 (which I still think is one of the greatest game soundtracks ever), and GT3 and GT4 were both great, too. After that, it just fell kind of flat. With GT7, I can't even recall any music.

Wow.

Music.

Thats the second thing i turned off, after the floating vr hud, never to be turned on again. With apple music/spotify on the playstation im not sure i’ve heard a games music since buying ps5.

As someone who isn't really a music person and I don't go seek out music.. A game like Gran Turismo is one of the ways I discover new songs I like lol GT2's soundtrack was amazing from what I remember.

There are usually a few songs on each soundtrack that I end up liking and getting, but none of the hip hop or the more traditional music usually. Something like London Elektricity - Just One Second (Apex Remix) is a banger thats good for driving, whatever game that was from. The menu music is always pretty great.

Even though I'll turn the music off during racing, I leave it on for replays and I regularly watch my own driving. Think, American Psycho ;)

Whoever this guy is, hopefully its for the GT8 soundtrack. In reality, its probably for some dumb marketing/brand collab. We'll get a Pharrell Williams museum section or a VGT car 🙄

Last edited:
I always have music on whenever I race unless its online where its definitely turned off unless its a non racing lobby (drifting, car meets, car shows, etc.).

Can say seeing Pharrell and Gran Turismo kind of surprised me there so I'm curious to see what they have in store whether its for GT7 or the next GT title.

Back