::::: World Super GT Championship | Round 2 | Qualifying in Session! :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,006 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm the maximum power on the CELICA is indeed 322 HP on GT5 U.S. edition using MPH.

Er, I changed it to kmh but default it was mph. And yes, 322 on my US version. Do an engine rebuild (it's cheap, like 60k or something) and you'll have full power, guaranteed. No need to run it in after or anything.

Honestly, it wasn't a very entertaining race from my perspective. Obviously that's because I was at the back despite being competitive for a whole 2 laps! I had a knock with Moleman that left my wheels wonky and difficult to drive, I had to pit on the fifth lap. Despite this I decided to take a few photos from the first 2 or 3 laps of the race.

There aren't any remarkable shots, I just decided to get some in for those unable to compete to take a look at. Note these are from the Division 1 race.

WSGTC Image Gallery

suzuka_circuit_1.jpg

suzuka_circuit_2.jpg

I can remove these if they're a bit big!

Good racing tonight.
I want to thank everybody in GT300 for not causing me any trouble at all despite having their own battles unfolding, very classy of you.

This +1.

Also thanks to chorda to step up and take care of things while Masi is away.

thanks OwensRacing for hosting the D2 room! good race, my first complete one (or very close at least). i was about 2/3 done with lap 25 when timer ran it out. went off track way too many times, including once that caused serious damage and required an additional pit stop.

although i was NOT competitive, i still had fun. i think i need to set my car up better for starters. if anyone has an rx7 tune they want to share, i am all ears!

looking forward to more racing!

-d

thanks OwensRacing for hosting the D2 room! good race, my first complete one (or very close at least). i was about 2/3 done with lap 25 when timer ran it out. went off track way too many times, including once that caused serious damage and required an additional pit stop.

although i was NOT competitive, i still had fun. i think i need to set my car up better for starters. if anyone has an rx7 tune they want to share, i am all ears!

looking forward to more racing!

-d

I recommend trying some of these. They're for the '04 RX7, but mechanically they're very, very similar. You should be able to find one that works well for you.

http://www.gtvault.com/gt4/setup-list/c_cid::754/

Thanks Minion 👍
I try to do my best :)

Results for D1 are still pending. Final results will be up at the very latest 24 hour after the race.. And then it's high time to start practicing for the next race.. Qualifying begins on Monday :)

GTP_african_cat DC'd during the formationlap, which means that 1st place in D2 will get the same points as 7th in D1 plus pole and fastes lap for his division if that was the case.

All GT300's in D2 will move up accordingly on the point scale.

We also had a DC in GT500. But NilsUrban got DC'd before the chicane on lap 26 out of 26 :lol:
He did complete atleast 85% of the race, and will earn points for 7th place in D1.

A little sad to see 17 GT500's and 15 GT300's and only 12 GT500 started the race, and only 11 GT300's..

Why dedicate the time to qualify? It gives us stewards a lot of extra work.

But overall, I find the opening race as a success! Thanks to everybody who particiated 👍

Thanks Owensracing for hosting and thanks to all the stewards for there work. Had a good night racing.

Too bad Doctsuru and maximus joined the room after the race already started, it would have been nice for a larger GT300 turnout in D2. Hopefully next time guys.

Atlas, sorry I took that turn a little too wide and clipped the grass causing my car to spin out, really, I apologize. We had a couple good battles later in the race though.

Donoman, check out this link for a good overall RX-7 setup, i use something very close to this.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=4734176&posted=1#post4734176

thanks to Imari and SteelToedSloth for the setup links! i will be experimenting with them and hopefully improve my times.

-d

Wow, man I wish I could have seen that race considering all the exciting chatter on the thread!

EDIT: This thread is two posts from 1000. lol wow.

Thank u Owneracing to had hosting our D2 race, and thank u to all drivers for the great race. 👍
Please someone post here or in PM the drivers best laps, I can't see all drivers on my race replay.. :(

Thanks chorda for hosting this race, Suprised to be promoted to D1 at the last minute and I had a good race, The last stint I had was the fastest I had done at suzuka on hards:)

now that all of the excitement has died down from the first race. i'll re-post an idea up about race starts...

for the sake of a better replay, how about, just before the race is to start, the practice times are reset (e.g. change damage to light then back to heavy again) then everyone enter the track using the same PP restrictor format (lowest to highest, one PP level at a time). form up on the track in the quali order as instructed by the host and then the race is started. instead of people weaving through each other to find their place and potentially damaging their car or somebody elses, everyone will already be in their grid slot and then the parade lap can take place in a more orderly fashion.

it's an idea that i came across in another race series and it works well.

this won't actually make much difference to the current format and will add only about 30 seconds to the overall procedure due to the resetting of the practice session (this time could be used to make any last minute tweaks like lengthening the TM for the race etc).

plus it has two advantages:
- a better looking replay, and
- reduced risk of car damage

thoughts?

GUYS!!! You have to stay tuned!

JPzer, C-Falcon89 and HortusIX can join D1!

Waitinglist: maSonn09 and Doctsuru_69 can join D2!

A PM would be better next time. I receive an email telling me i have received a message here.

Fastest Laps D1:

GT500:
1:56.459 - tony1311 :crazy:
1:58.187 - C-Falcon
1:58.428 - NilsUrban
1:58.582 - Minion07
1:59.219 - chorda
1:59.265 - Paginas
1:59.438 - JPzer

GT300:
2:04.669 - Moleman :crazy:
2:05.638 - Kamykaze1098
2:05.705 - Neomone
2:05.839 - Bakugekiki
2:06.078 - GTP_Senninha
2:07.434 - HortusIX

Pulled from the replay.

i was very slow on my laps because i was figthing so hard in the 1st stint and in the second i lost time on letting gt500 cars by and taking no risks to secure 2nd:)

A PM would be better next time. I receive an email telling me i have received a message here.

No, just give me your phone number.. And where you are at.. And I'll bring the PS3 and a TV to you 👍

now that all of the excitement has died down from the first race. i'll re-post an idea up about race starts...

for the sake of a better replay, how about, just before the race is to start, the practice times are reset (e.g. change damage to light then back to heavy again) then everyone enter the track using the same PP restrictor format (lowest to highest, one PP level at a time). form up on the track in the quali order as instructed by the host and then the race is started. instead of people weaving through each other to find their place and potentially damaging their car or somebody elses, everyone will already be in their grid slot and then the parade lap can take place in a more orderly fashion.

it's an idea that i came across in another race series and it works well.

this won't actually make much difference to the current format and will add only about 30 seconds to the overall procedure due to the resetting of the practice session (this time could be used to make any last minute tweaks like lengthening the TM for the race etc).

plus it has two advantages:
- a better looking replay, and
- reduced risk of car damage

thoughts?

Great idea 👍

And since NO ONE seem to read the OP regarding the startprocedure (DO NOT MOVE ONE INCH. ONE by ONE. etc.) we might shoul try it in the next race. But how do the cars line up in the correct order? I can't understand that part.

I do understand resetting all the test-laps. And that we will go to track in using the PP like we did yesterday.
But I'm lost regarding how we will end up in the right positions whenthe race/formationlap starts.

Great idea 👍

And since NO ONE seem to read the OP regarding the startprocedure (DO NOT MOVE ONE INCH. ONE by ONE. etc.) we might shoul try it in the next race. But how do the cars line up in the correct order? I can't understand that part.

I do understand resetting all the test-laps. And that we will go to track in using the PP like we did yesterday.
But I'm lost regarding how we will end up in the right positions whenthe race/formationlap starts.

When there are no lap times, and the grid is the fastest first, cars will be sorted based on their position on track. So p1 exits pits and drives a bit and stops the car. then 2nd exits pits and parks behind 1st, etc.

I think we can give this a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back