::::: World Super GT Championship - [Thread 6 Closed] :::::

• Thread starter Masi_23
  • 1,116 comments

Did you hear about the man who lost his whole left side?

• Total voters
The lag was just horrid, im afraid i can't race with the amount of laggy racers that were there.

its because Neomone (the host) was the only 1 in div2 who would host it and he lives in japan.

it was a test, yes everyone could connect but there was alot of lag. we need someone else apart from masi who would be able to host.

Well this test has certainly put me off taking part in the race. i was hit off by 2 GT300 cars as i was lapping them (lag crash) also the gt500 guy in 2nd overtook me and also had a lag crash with me. None of which intentional but really off-putting.

If a different host is chosen and works out with less/no lag then i may reconsider joining in as there is a place for me at the back of the Gt500s.

I got smashed all over the place too lol.
I don't see what the problem with hosting is.
Forget about fixed ownership.
Host a private lobby and everbody join through friends list.
I havn't seen problems like this any other time on gt5.
I've hosted 16player races myself.

I also offered to host the Div2 race a few pages back in the thread.

right div2 race finished well done guys... even with lag

i got all times etc and best laps il post after my race

There was a bit too much lag, but not much we can do until someone else can host it.

And I am very sorry to some of you.

Faq: Sorry, I overshoot braking, didn't take slip streaming in to account. Mistakes happen.
Sonic: Sorry, I should have let you pass (one lap ahead), but in my defense, you crossed the pit line and after braking I had the inside of chicane. Again, mistakes happen and miscommunications.

If I hit someone else then I am very sorry.

Anyway, good race.

Damocles hope you read this man.

I did not wait for you to get my payback.

After we crashed don't know if you had crashed before or if it was lag. But the fact is we crashed fot either reason.
I came to the pits. I was mad of what had happened and while I was having the pit stop I tryed to type to let you know I wasn´t happy. then as I´m comming off the pits the wheel would not respond. thats why I was so slow.

Honestly man, I did not wait for you.

right div2 race finished well done guys... even with lag

i got all times etc and best laps il post after my race

i'll start my replay up now and post so you don't have to sit through the whole thing if you don't want to :crazy:

Division 2 had some pretty dirty racing.. XsApollo dude.. you went a lap down and then were all over the place. I'll admit my first slip-up was my own fault, came out of chicane 2 too hard and went off in the dirt, but it's not like you were driving super clean either.. I know the lag doesn't help, but neither does just talking **** and disconnecting from the lounge.

And ffocus, man you pwned me in the last corner :lol:

good race in div 2 thanks for hosting neo :)

two points i have to make tho are my two collisions:

1st gt500 overtook me on finish straight then he overun chicane and as i was going through chicane he came of the green concrete straight into side of my car, steering broke and i had to pit :(

2nd lapping damolicles who by that time was far far behind. lapped him on finish straight then he got into my draft and either did not brake for 1st chicane or not enough he pushed me right into the barricades i then had to pit again due to the damage caused:(

overall though a good race, and did not like how alot of guys in lunge at beggining were abusing neo.

thanks agian for hosting neo:)

D2 is a damn mess, people hitting like they don't care, got taken out in the first corner.

vaga, i dont know why you flipped out on me....i was in second/third going into the 1st chicane on the outside...i think you and boltzz were on my inside and a little ahead...i was braking on the outside

then...kablamo...explosion behind me as a yellow hat supra(XsApollo i think) proceeeded to plow through the enitre field...wtf(ill check the replay later)

the centura clipped me again as he was limping a few laps in as he was limping around back to the pits with damage(but apologized)...i guess this is why you try to make D1

all in all, good race everybody...but few in GT500 listened to the warning to not brake too late into the 1st corner

good hosting neo...i didnt have any lag issues and people were way to harsh at the beginning, but good orginaization

good race in div 2 thanks for hosting neo :)

two points i have to make tho are my two collisions:

1st gt500 overtook me on finish straight then he overun chicane and as i was going through chicane he came of the green concrete straight into side of my car, steering broke and i had to pit :(

2nd lapping damolicles who by that time was far far behind. lapped him on finish straight then he got into my draft and either did not brake for 1st chicane or not enough he pushed me right into the barricades i then had to pit again due to the damage caused:(

overall though a good race, and did not like how alot of guys in lunge at beggining were abusing neo.

thanks agian for hosting neo:)

Yeah really sorry about that - I was used to braking at a certain set distance and didn't realize the draft made me much faster than I should have been. :nervous:

guillermo968 - It's all good man, realize the lag and you exiting from the pits was a perfect storm

I got completely wrecked in the first chicane by someone but again...it had to be the lag

Faq if I got you mistaken then I'm sorry, all I know I had the inside on the first chicane then the green/ white car on the outside plowed right into me. I guess it was either the Takata NSX or a Lexus can't see the replay cause I quit but anyway I guess I was expecting too much clean racing :(

maSonn09(nsx) slid way off into the sand, xsapollo(yellowhat gtr) ran straight into the back of someone, then faq slid through the chicane through the group. replays dont lie lol

the centura clipped me again as he was limping a few laps in as he was limping around back to the pits with damage(but apologized)...i guess this is why you try to make D1

Was you the one that spun out in first chicane?

And yeah, I got hit by someone in the first chicane, so I had steering damage, but I dealt with it a couple of laps until I drove in to you. Sorry! :(

just got disconnected from div 1 for about the 4 th time. Its a first for me and extremely dissapointed. Did others have issues? wonder what was different. anyways best of luck to the competitors currently racing

EDIT: i noticed just before i get disconnected i see Azien and Nycrom being disconnected, but when i rejoin, they're still there.

i went to my ps3 network settings and noticed my nat type said 'failed' - i did the manually set the settings again and this time it showed up as nat 2 - im currently in the race room now watching the race with no hassles. not sure how long ill stay connected but before i was disconnected in less than 2 minutes. i'm currently here for about 10min.

maybe was just bad luck

Last edited:
good hosting neo...i didnt have any lag issues and people were way to harsh at the beginning, but good orginaization

I don't think I was too harsh. All I said was that rules are rules. Just because he is room owner doesn't allow him to change the rules.

And if you think I was too harsh, this is what he said when I first brought up that rules are rules: "Don't care."

And I can definitely understand if some people would like it disabled, but we could easily make a vote on that.

D2 was...messy is probably the best description.

It seems like whichever way the room is set up causes problems for someone. In non-fixed mode it's stable and lag free for most, but others can't enter. In fixed mode everyone can get in, but with 14 players there was lag. Once a couple dropped it was better but still iffy. It's probably just a fact of life with a fixed host, the packets have to travel two steps instead of one. If even one of those steps is long you start introducing lag.

Problems during startup, people weaving on the track. Weaving does not substantially warm your tyres in GT5 and increases the chances of damage dramatically. GT5 netcode does not deal well with sudden changes in direction. Best tactic for the parade lap is to spread out into a staggered single file and keep at least 20m from the car in front. Start to bunch up into the final corner and get back into double file along the main straight for the green flag. We got it the second time for the most part, although I believe one person got damaged (xsApollo?). Apologies to that person, we were half an hour past start time already and it needed to get underway. I hope you weren't too disadvantaged.

There was plenty of messy driving going on. I saw a lot of aggressive overtaking moves through corners that were really unnecessary. It bears mentioning again, but the draft in GT5 is so strong that it really changes racing tactics. In RL the standard passing move is to outbrake your opponent into a corner. In GT5 it's much safer and easier to follow your opponent through the corner and take them on the straight.

I also saw some excellent controlled driving. I had some good racing with the GT300 guys on the first couple of laps before I pulled out a lead, and then again on lapping. Apart from Damocles who always seemed to be damaged, there was good racing in that group. Special mention to cranky123, it was very entertaining when we went into the first lesmo side by side and we both slowed WAY down to let the other have room. Now that's gentlemanly racing.

I'm hoping everyone saved their replays. If you have problems with something that happened during the race, write up a simple description of the event and PM it to either Masi or me and we'll take a look. If you can go through your replay and pull photos, video, or anything else that would be super helpful.

I apologise if I was snappy during the organisation phase. Next time I'll make a post on the forums so that everyone knows what's going to happen, and we can just do it. First time and nerves and all.

What did people think of the lining up in grid order? I chose that method to make sure that everyone knows their place, and to avoid potential accidents as people shuffle into place on the parade lap. I think it worked pretty well.

Anyway, messy race but some lessons learned. Try not to focus too much on what others did to you, and think about how you could have improved your own race. Next time will be better.

I am getting alot of greif here lol.
I didnt plow through anybody, i think i nudged Vaga at first chicane but there was massive lag.
Also Faq you destroyed me around that first lap, kept smashing into the back of me, felt like you were trying to get some payback.

At boltz i was missing braking points at chicanes because i didnt have 1 lap around that track on hard tyres no qualy or practice, no setup.
I didn't leave because of you at the chicane, i just couldn't play with that much lag.

If i hit anybody i apologize. I am not reckless or dirty and i love good racing.

Can't wait to watch the replay:sly:

Was you the one that spun out in first chicane?

And yeah, I got hit by someone in the first chicane, so I had steering damage, but I dealt with it a couple of laps until I drove in to you. Sorry! :(

no worries, lag for some plus a broken wheel was probably hard to control

plus its preseason

I am getting alot of greif here lol.
I didnt plow through anybody, i think i nudged Vaga at first chicane but there was massive lag.
Also Faq you destroyed me around that first lap, kept smashing into the back of me, felt like you were trying to get some payback.

At boltz i was missing braking points at chicanes because i didnt have 1 lap around that track on hard tyres no qualy or practice, no setup.
I didn't leave because of you at the chicane, i just couldn't play with that much lag.

If i hit anybody i apologize. I am not reckless or dirty and i love good racing.

Can't wait to watch the replay:sly:

we kept coming together as we were going around to the pits but it was because your car kept disappearing and then reappearing in front of me...but its all good

Yep me and you had a good race neo you almost lapped me at end. For the most part the gt500 guys that stayed did well taking over us gt300 guys special mention to boltzz for this you were great man. But on the last lap wilhelm dangerously overtook me on the 2nd chicane when there was no need too. The lag wasnt too bad on my end better before he changed to fixed host but still stable after and if boltzz needs this to join im happy for us to play like that.

There was a few gt500 that need to learn to move a side when heavily damaged even if i am a gt300.

I think i might of just slighty tapped FAQOLDSCHOOL about 5 laps in on 2nd chicane if this is true sorry for that.
And who ever was in the yellowhat gtr was having a really bad race and i had to dodge him multiple times. And damocles what happened i lapped you a few times.

But a great big thank you to neo/imari for hosting worked great in my opinion and the grid based line up on free run also great. And to the few guys who did slag him off a bit before the start need to calm down but i think the apolagized after.

Good luck D1
But great enjoyab

no worries, lag for some plus a broken wheel was probably hard to control

plus its preseason

It shouldn't have happened either way. I was definitely a bit too aggressive, but luckily it's pre-season (as you said) and it was my first race in a GT500 so it will only be better from here on.

Back