Worst you've dealt with online...

• Thread starter Tommy_861
  • 5,982 comments
Johnny's Foolproof Guide For Circuit Racers to Avoid the Worst of Open Lobbies:

Eliminate the Obvious:

1. If it says, "Private" or "XXX Series" or "Joeysfriendsonly" or "American Only" or any other kind of restriction you can think of that isn't specifically aimed at you (as in a friend of yours already) , don't join, unless you can't read the language or are blind, in which case, why are you there?

2. If the thread title has a specific description like "500PPSS Nurb" for example and you use your cursor to see the current room settings and it's not what the room title says (for example it's 700PP at Tsukuba), don't join. The original host is gone and the room is run by clowns. Everyone hates clowns.

3. If there are no room restrictions and it's anything goes, then anything goes, so don't expect any kind of courtesy or fairplay because odds are there won't be any. If you do expect it and end up disappointed, you aren't very bright.

4. Learn what the various types of events are like Drag, Cops and Robbers, Tuning Only, Drift, High Speed Run etc. and avoid those rooms unless that's what you're looking for. Be warned, experience tells me that most of these rooms are disorganized at best, complete chaos at worst.

5. If you want real racing, restrict your search to rooms without SRF. Most serious racers don't use SRF. Don't expect serious racing in rooms with SRF enabled, that's not intelligent.

Bang, at least 60-80% of lobbies eliminated. Now join a room that has the type of racing you are looking for. You snuck in the back door, now what?

1. Do not tell the host how to run their lobby. If you do, prepare to find another lobby and the host will likely help you with that process.

2. Do not type questions into the message box when you join, while others are racing, it's distracting, rude and selfish. If you see the host on track, do not ask him questions in the message box either, it's annoying and so are you. A little vacation might be forthcoming.

3. Use the icons yourself to find out the standard room restrictions. If you have to ask because you're too lazy to find the button, you deserve what you get and lose the right to complain about it.

4. Don't try and reinvent the wheel. If you see everyone else in an NSX, don't pick a BMW. If you see a mix of cars with no obvious restrictions, pick a similar car. Save your questions for after the first race.

So now you're in and you've got a car, now what?:

1. Use the first race to get a feel for things and don't drive aggressively. A small mistake can lead to big consequences for other drivers and may lead to your ejection. Stay out of trouble. Get a feel for the pace of the room and the agression of the other drivers. You do not need to win every race, your life will not be affected if you don't. Really, it's true.

2. If you find the racing clean or at least acceptable, stay and enjoy the racing, keep your nose clean and try to avoid the dirty drivers as best you can. If you make it up to the host spot, maintain the room as it was set up otherwise you also become a clown, and as previously mentioned, nobody likes clowns.

3. Now is the time to ask questions, after the first race and after you've decided to stay. Some of you may not be aware, but you will feel no phsyical pain or illness using the words, "Please, thanks, excuse me etc." If you're not sure what they mean, look it up. Everyone loves courtesy. Think of courtesy as the opposite of clown.

4. You find the racing not so clean or downright dirty. LEAVE. Get out. Boogie. Vamoos. Sayonara. Don't look back. Do not waste your time arguing, complaining or trying to fix things. The drivers in the room have not learned any manners or courtesy from their Mom or Pop in what, 15, 20, 30 years? Why do you think that you, a complete stranger, can do any better job in 5 minutes of b:censored:ing inside of a virtual box on your TV? If you really believe that complaining will help, turn off your PS3 and TV and give your gaming system to a good charity or the little ragamuffin kid down the block who can't afford one. He's probably smart enough not to b$^ch at his TV and probably faster than you too.

Return to the top of this list and begin again...:crazy:

Hi Johnny, I hope you don't mind but after reading this great and funny post I really felt the need to copy/paste it to the notes on my new facebook page. I would have asked beforehand, but I feel it's our place to help the true racers who want to enjoy a night in front of their screen. If you want me to take it down again I will understand.

By the way, I have mentioned you and that the post is all your work. I have taken no credit for it at all. If you would like to see the page (if you have facebook that is, please look up 'Clipping The Apex').

Thank you and happy racing.

Hi Johnny, I hope you don't mind but after reading this great and funny post I really felt the need to copy/paste it to the notes on my new facebook page. I would have asked beforehand, but I feel it's our place to help the true racers who want to enjoy a night in front of their screen. If you want me to take it down again I will understand.

By the way, I have mentioned you and that the post is all your work. I have taken no credit for it at all. If you would like to see the page (if you have facebook that is, please look up 'Clipping The Apex').

Thank you and happy racing.
No problem and thanks for the heads up. Hopefully it helps some people find their way through GT's maze of open lobbies. A shoutout to GTP on your facebook page would be a good idea as well. :)

I seem to be a magnet for bad racers and people who take the game way to seriously.

First time I went online I joined a room which was supercar based and took a Ferrari F40 to the track. There was no racing involved, we was all practising. Great fun, untill some bloke joins and takes his Buggati to the track. On the ring GP course, coming out of the second corner I move well over to the inside to let him pass, he then proceeds to spin me out. Needless to say I was a little confused as to why but I let it pass. Little while later I get a message from him, somthing along the lines of "shudda got out my way u ***** noob". Turns out he was sending everyone in the room similer messages and spinning others out too. Lots of samey things like that have happend but the best was in a stock car room where the host would kick anyone who drafted him claiming it was cheating and not how it works in real NASCAR.

Yes there are idiots but many many people who just want a clean race. It's the idiots who let the side down, but they are few and far between :)
Drafting is how NASCAR works. Silly people. And I'm from a country called France where there is no NASCAR.

Eliminate the Obvious:

1. If it says, "Private" or "XXX Series" or "Joeysfriendsonly" or "American Only" or any other kind of restriction you can think of that isn't specifically aimed at you (as in a friend of yours already) , don't join, unless you can't read the language or are blind, in which case, why are you there?

2. If the thread title has a specific description like "500PPSS Nurb" for example and you use your cursor to see the current room settings and it's not what the room title says (for example it's 700PP at Tsukuba), don't join. The original host is gone and the room is run by clowns. Everyone hates clowns.

3. If there are no room restrictions and it's anything goes, then anything goes, so don't expect any kind of courtesy or fairplay because odds are there won't be any. If you do expect it and end up disappointed, you aren't very bright.

4. Learn what the various types of events are like Drag, Cops and Robbers, Tuning Only, Drift, High Speed Run etc. and avoid those rooms unless that's what you're looking for. Be warned, experience tells me that most of these rooms are disorganized at best, complete chaos at worst.

5. If you want real racing, restrict your search to rooms without SRF. Most serious racers don't use SRF. Don't expect serious racing in rooms with SRF enabled, that's not intelligent.

Bang, at least 60-80% of lobbies eliminated. Now join a room that has the type of racing you are looking for. You snuck in the back door, now what?

1. Do not tell the host how to run their lobby. If you do, prepare to find another lobby and the host will likely help you with that process.

2. Do not type questions into the message box when you join, while others are racing, it's distracting, rude and selfish. If you see the host on track, do not ask him questions in the message box either, it's annoying and so are you. A little vacation might be forthcoming.

3. Use the icons yourself to find out the standard room restrictions. If you have to ask because you're too lazy to find the button, you deserve what you get and lose the right to complain about it.

4. Don't try and reinvent the wheel. If you see everyone else in an NSX, don't pick a BMW. If you see a mix of cars with no obvious restrictions, pick a similar car. Save your questions for after the first race.

1. Use the first race to get a feel for things and don't drive aggressively. A small mistake can lead to big consequences for other drivers and may lead to your ejection. Stay out of trouble. Get a feel for the pace of the room and the agression of the other drivers. You do not need to win every race, your life will not be affected if you don't. Really, it's true.

2. If you find the racing clean or at least acceptable, stay and enjoy the racing, keep your nose clean and try to avoid the dirty drivers as best you can. If you make it up to the host spot, maintain the room as it was set up otherwise you also become a clown, and as previously mentioned, nobody likes clowns.

3. Now is the time to ask questions, after the first race and after you've decided to stay. Some of you may not be aware, but you will feel no phsyical pain or illness using the words, "Please, thanks, excuse me etc." If you're not sure what they mean, look it up. Everyone loves courtesy. Think of courtesy as the opposite of clown.

4. You find the racing not so clean or downright dirty. LEAVE. Get out. Boogie. Vamoos. Sayonara. Don't look back. Do not waste your time arguing, complaining or trying to fix things. The drivers in the room have not learned any manners or courtesy from their Mom or Pop in what, 15, 20, 30 years? Why do you think that you, a complete stranger, can do any better job in 5 minutes of b:censored:ing inside of a virtual box on your TV? If you really believe that complaining will help, turn off your PS3 and TV and give your gaming system to a good charity or the little ragamuffin kid down the block who can't afford one. He's probably smart enough not to b$^ch at his TV and probably faster than you too.

This needs to be its on thread in the GT6 section :) it's straight forward And spot on!!!

Eliminate the Obvious:

Just noticed this post. :D

I give it a 10 out of 3. Or a 5/7. Your choice. :P

Back