Would like to Sponsor this Forum

United States
San Diego, USA
Hello all,

I currently am CEO of a Company that builds and sells Racing and Flight Simulators. I have been a GT Fanatic since Gran Turismo for Playstation. I am by trade a Race Car Engineer and also have owned / run several real-life race teams. I am very interested in not only sponsoring this forum, but becoming very active on this forum and in game. I would like to please talk to the Owner of this Forum. We also sell PS3/PS4 Console Upgrade Kits, and Refurbish SCEA consoles.

Currently we are partnered with; Fanatec, BenQ, Intel, Corsair, MSi, EVGA, Supermicro, Logitech, and a few smaller Distributors. We would like to run and offer up a prize for an event in conjunction with GTPlanet. Please advise.

Best Regards,

Mr. Walter White
(Will disclose personal info in PM)

Attachments

• TheCar.jpg
    TheCar.jpg
    392.5 KB · Views: 6
Please remove the badly censored profanity from your signature. Thanks.

BUMP still no word from that way. Sorry but you will have to forgive the CEO of a company for not doing things that way. Can someone direct him to this thread please.

Thankfully,

WW

I'm sorry, I didn't see any message from you, but there have been some technical problems with the contact form over the past few weeks and I suspect I have missed some messages.

I've confirmed it's working, so you can use it again, now, or just start a private conversation message with me here in the forums and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

I'm sorry, I didn't see any message from you, but there have been some technical problems with the contact form over the past few weeks and I suspect I have missed some messages.

I've confirmed it's working, so you can use it again, now, or just start a private conversation message with me here in the forums and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Hello Sir!

Would you please PM me with your best Email. Thank you very much for the prompt response and have a wonderful week. Just have some Marketing Budget Monies burning a hole in our pockets :gtpflag::gtpflag: ;);) and want to talk to you A.S.A.P.

Regards,

WW

I have no idea what prospective deals you have in mind Mr. White, or what you may want in return for your sponsorship, so I don't know if this comment is relevant or not. Nevertheless, I feel it needs to be made.

I paid to see NO ADVERTISING on this site.

I have no idea what prospective deals you have in mind Mr. White, or what you may want in return for your sponsorship, so I don't know if this comment is relevant or not. Nevertheless, I feel it needs to be made.

And you won't (except in the case of XF bugs :lol: ). There's many ways for advertisers and site sponsors to work with GTPlanet and none of them result in involuntary advert display to Premium members.

BobK, I am not a very nice person generally speaking so I will just say that you sound like a negative nancy type, and a anti-social conspiracy theorist but hey I could be wrong. No offense intended but it is what it is, you know guy.

Anyway, we are discussing doing a giveaway of one of our $20,000 Racing Sims. We thought we would give BACK to our community. We have done similar things in the past. For example, we just did this with one of our older Drag Shells. We GAVE it away on a Forum. It was a NHRA 10sec cert'd $10K Civic Shell. We gave it away because it was not getting used and we knew someone else would really cherish it, and give it a good home. We knew it would change their winners LIFE. And it did. Only as an afterthought did we give two chucks about us getting some exposure out of it.

Hope this clears some stuff up and thanks again for Mr. Jordan and the Community for all the years of awesome content and support. We get paid to sit around and play video games so it's hard not to be thankful you know.

Best Regards,

WW

Attachments

• cockpit_01big-1000x666.jpg
    cockpit_01big-1000x666.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6

Advertising and sponsorship can be different, they are not always the same - sometimes sponsorship can be quite discreet i.e. a company name being added in an event name / title or a logo added strategically to marketing already planned / in place.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in your face 'adverts' plastered / popping up at every opportunity....

Advertising and sponsorship can be different, they are not always the same - sometimes sponsorship can be quite discreet i.e. a company name being added in an event name / title or a logo added strategically to marketing already planned / in place.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in your face 'adverts' plastered / popping up at every opportunity....

Could not have said it ANY better sir. Basically, we just want to give BACK to the community we have taken so much from. I mean today we went to a friends shop and I got to sit around and "test" this F1 2013 Racing Set-up. Fanatec this and Fanatec that. Can not WAIT to start testing GT6 and of course the PS4 GT Game. Sadly, the archaic hardware in the PS3 right now is just too limiting for us to really use it much. When you have such a great life you really want to just share such joys with your peers and community.

And after watching "Kaz" http://www.hulu.com/watch/585548 we want to give back even more now.

Could not have said it ANY better sir. Basically, we just want to give BACK to the community we have taken so much from. I mean today we went to a friends shop and I got to sit around and "test" this F1 2013 Racing Set-up. Fanatec this and Fanatec that. Can not WAIT to start testing GT6 and of course the PS4 GT Game. Sadly, the archaic hardware in the PS3 right now is just too limiting for us to really use it much. When you have such a great life you really want to just share such joys with your peers and community.

Thank you :D

Agree with you about the limitations of the PS3, it has caused many race / series / championship organisors so many headaches on GT5 / 6. ... it's a crazy situation....

Best of luck with your marketing campaign 👍

Last edited:
Yes, I am aware of that. But I would be even more offended by seeing the renaming of something to include a sponsor's name ("the WhiteWater Do You Believe in God? thread" or "the GT6 forum, brought to you by WhiteWater") than I would by overt ads. I object to being the constant target of marketing.

I'm not saying all marketing is bad, I have even purchased magazines more for the ads than the content. But this is one of the few places where I can escape the constant stream of marketing and I'd like to keep it that way.

Yes, I am aware of that. But I would be even more offended by seeing the renaming of something to include a sponsor's name ("the WhiteWater Do You Believe in God? thread" or "the GT6 forum, brought to you by WhiteWater") than I would by overt ads. I object to being the constant target of marketing.

I'm not saying all marketing is bad, I have even purchased magazines more for the ads than the content. But this is one of the few places where I can escape the constant stream of marketing and I'd like to keep it that way.

I understand where you're coming from; if someone purchased the GTP premium membership specifically because they wanted to be advert free.

It's the way of the world though, most markets have alot of competition for the target audience's attention, companies need to keep up with the competition (or find new ways to reach their target audience to try and get ahead of their competitors) or run the risk of being left behind, especially in the current economic climate...

I understand where you're coming from; if someone purchased the GTP premium membership specifically because they wanted to be advert free.

It's the way of the world though, most markets have alot of competition for the target audience's attention, companies need to keep up with the competition (or find new ways to reach their target audience to try and get ahead of their competitors) or run the risk of being left behind, especially in the current economic climate...

Just how is any of that relevant to the fact that I purchased a premium membership whose terms said there would be no ads for premium members? Will I be getting a refund if these ads ("or "sponsored forums" or whatever form it takes) start showing up?

Just how is any of that relevant to the fact that I purchased a premium membership whose terms said there would be no ads for premium members? Will I be getting a refund if these ads ("or "sponsored forums" or whatever form it takes) start showing up?

No, I made relevance to this in my first point by saying how I understand that someone would feel the way you do if they'd purchased the premium membership for that reason.

The second point was to highlight the fact that neither you nor me will "change the world", and prolific advertising / sponsorship is part and parcel of this world (therefore maybe some kind of acceptance to this might help you cope with your feelings on this?).

What you going to do, live your whole life only in area's where there's no adverts, or only adverts that you want????

Best of luck with that 👍

No, I made relevance to this in my first point by saying how I understand that someone would feel the way you do if they'd purchased the premium membership for that reason.

The second point was to highlight the fact that neither you nor me will "change the world", and prolific advertising / sponsorship is part and parcel of this world (therefore maybe some kind of acceptance to this might help you cope with your feelings on this?).

What you going to do, live your whole life only in area's where there's no adverts, or only adverts that you want????

Best of luck with that 👍

So you're saying in effect that I can't do anything about it so I should just accept it.

Well for your information, if I don't even try to do anything about it then it certainly this will happen. Voicing my opinion may not help, but others may find they agree with me and speak up as well. If enough do so, then change just might come.

Agreed this may not be probable, but at least I know I tried.

As for your last question, as a matter of fact that's exactly what I try to do.

So you're saying in effect that I can't do anything about it so I should just accept it.

No, just maybe not jump down the guys throat when all he did was enquire / offer..

Well for your information, if I don't even try to do anything about it then it certainly this will happen. Voicing my opinion may not help, but others may find they agree with me and speak up as well. If enough do so, then change just might come.

Agreed..

Agreed this may not be probable, but at least I know I tried.

As for your last question, as a matter of fact that's exactly what I try to do.

Like I say - best of luck with that 👍

(apologies to OP 'Walter' and GTP staff if it seems like I hijacked the thread - was just trying to explain, not argue..)

end of/

Site Sponsors - and we've had them for a while now (in excess of 18 months) - simply won't take that form. It's often nothing more than a thread for themselves in an appropriate subforum. As UrieHusky says, visit the Sim Racing Hardware forum to see this in action.

You won't see the Budweiser Guess That GT6 Car thread, or the Daily Babe (In Association With Durex) Thread.

Ever.

BobK, have you popped into the Sim Racing Hardware sub-forum lately?

Actually no I hadn't known about that. More on it below.

Site Sponsors - and we've had them for a while now (in excess of 18 months) - simply won't take that form. It's often nothing more than a thread for themselves in an appropriate subforum. As UrieHusky says, visit the Sim Racing Hardware forum to see this in action.

You won't see the Budweiser Guess That GT6 Car thread, or the Daily Babe (In Association With Durex) Thread.

Ever.

Well that's certainly a relief to hear.

WRT to the Sim Racing Hardware forum though...

I don't really have too much of a problem with something like what's there. In fact a convenient (and public) place to converse with manufacturers and vendors and whatnot can be a good thing, even better if it's a product support type thing.

But, and this is a big BUT, seems they should be held to the same AUP as the rest of us. For instance I found this in one of the first threads I looked in there:
...all of which are perfectly suited to make any avid racer’s time in the cockpit more competitive, realistic and rewarding.

Typical marketing hype that you see every day most everyplace. But, strictly speaking, not true and seems to me to be an AUP violation.

Understand I'm not trying to single out any particular person here, certainly not @derekspeare ...

Had more to say but I am tired of trying to deal with this editor.

I don't really have an issue with that wording and I'm quite sure that the user operates on the understanding that what they say is true - especially given the bespoke nature of the items.

But they are indeed held to the same AUP as everyone else (including the staff).

Ever.

What about "Gran Turismo Planet: An AOL-Time Warner Company"?

@BobK I can only echo what Famine has already said - the type of "sponsorship" which you are concerned about is not something that I would ever consider implementing here, and I don't believe it's relevant to what Walter is interested in, anyway. There are many ways businesses can promote their products and services here in ways that have no impact on Premium users. You won't see advertisements and I have no plans on changing that.

Back