WRC Season ArchiveRally 

• Thread starter richiem2282
  • 1,720 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think you need to explain Aero-dynamics to me then your talking to the wrong person.

It was a light hearted statement and in comparison to a WRC car which is fair, I do think the Aero levels are similar.

:lol: okay hot shot.

Ogier has been having a play in the Yaris today:

I think I'm allowed to post in this thread since it's not season specific (IRC hasn't existed since 2012).

...So not M-Sport, I'm a bit sad now.

After the yaris, Ogier is in the Fiesta :

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127268/ogier-tests-msport-2017-wrc-fiesta
5c4bfc975420c61842aa3936507ad9c5.jpg

edit : official ford wrc account coming back to life, how weird. :D

Last edited:
It's a popular idea. Ford haven't had a drivers' title since Ari Vatanen won in 1981, and they have never won a manufacturers' title.

But M-Sport isnt officially a Ford manufacturer team. So if Ogier brings them the title it will be privateer

But M-Sport isnt officially a Ford manufacturer team. So if Ogier brings them the title it will be privateer

Only a small group of people peddle this point around, there is said to be some help from Ford and acknowledgement to M-Sport as the team if Ford fully came back. That to me is enough to see it as a Ford championship even if officially they're a privateer, it's one of those strange networking situations Motorsports seems to have. Similar to but to an even lesser degree what was seen at Erebus when they ran Mercs in supercars.

Only a small group of people peddle this point around, there is said to be some help from Ford and acknowledgement to M-Sport as the team if Ford fully came back. That to me is enough to see it as a Ford championship even if officially they're a privateer, it's one of those strange networking situations Motorsports seems to have. Similar to but to an even lesser degree what was seen at Erebus when they ran Mercs in supercars.
Like WSR and BMW in BTCC.

With the 2016 wrc season ending, an era of rallying is also ending.

As the 2017 cars are getting ready to tackle rally Monte Carlo in a few weeks, we still don't know for who the current world champion is going to run.

One thing is sure, the start of this new era of rallying is already very exciting. :D

CyVyAgVXUAAQXaC.jpg

Last edited:
This is extremely good news

Seems too good to be true. Consider the cost of having to build a car specificly for this rally. And the massive distances of 100km compared to todays wrc where distances have shortened massivly

And with Citroen not allowing him to test without signing it seems pretty clear that he will drive for M-Sport.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/127318/fia-wrc-running-order-rules-went-too-far

Apparantly the same very bland calendar we had for almost 6 years is not gonna change sigh. Altough I agree with their concern for Turkey but why not add another european round? Only posetive change next year is having Corsica between Mexico and Argentina.

Last edited:
why not add another european round?
Because there is no demand. And Jean Todt wants to expand the championship beyond Europe. He feels that it is far too heavily-focused on Europe to begin with; there are only three flyaway rounds out of thirteen.

Consider the cost of having to build a car specificly for this rally. And the massive distances of 100km compared to todays wrc where distances have shortened massivly
It wouldn't be too difficult to create a more compact route. Yes, that means that the event would lose something of it character, but it would also be more practical and manageable. And it would mean that all but one of the classic WRC events - the Acropolis - would be missing (although Australia is a good substitute for it at the moment).

Because there is no demand. And Jean Todt wants to expand the championship beyond Europe. He feels that it is far too heavily-focused on Europe to begin with; there are only three flyaway rounds out of thirteen.

It wouldn't be too difficult to create a more compact route. Yes, that means that the event would lose something of it character, but it would also be more practical and manageable. And it would mean that all but one of the classic WRC events - the Acropolis - would be missing (although Australia is a good substitute for it at the moment).

He wants an non european round? Well New Zealand have screamed to be back for years. And don´t come up with the argument about "market" most people watch WRC through TV. But NZ is not the only non-european candidate who wants to be part of WRC so I don´t see whats the problem.

Well New Zealand have screamed to be back for years.
And if they do come back, they're either alternate with Australia or replace it outright. Todt doesn't just want to rotate the flyaway rounds; he wants to establish more of them.

But NZ is not the only non-european candidate who wants to be part of WRC so I don´t see whats the problem.
The cost, for one. Why do you think the Acropolis Rally was removed?

But getting involved is a pretty lengthy process, and there is no guarantee that the event will even go ahead. A rally has to be run as a candidate event before being subject to a critical review by the FIA before it can join the calendar. South Africa tried it a few years ago, and the FIA was very interested in it, but ultimately it fell apart because the candidature event was nowhere near the standards they required. Brazil and Russia tried around the same time, but didn't even get to run a candidate rally.

Surprised that America never holds a Rally. I feel like it would be worth a shot, especially if it was in the Northeast or Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back