yc's suggestions

• Thread starter Sage
  • 37 comments
Okay, I'm bumping this up for another question. :D

How come you can't delete your own posts?

Originally posted by youth_cycler
Okay, I'm bumping this up for another question. :D

How come you can't delete your own posts?
Because this feature could be easily abused by flamers, spammers, and in heated debates. A disgruntled member could also delete their posts making threads appear irrelevant and confusing.

*bumpity bump* :D

Another suggestion via yc.

Okay, you know how when someone attaches an image, it'll say above the attachment "{username} as attached this image:"? Well, sometimes it's kind of annoying, not to mention it's rather obvious that that person attached the image, since it's in their post. However, I do see why it's needed... so that people don't mistake it for an image placed there using the image code tags. So, my suggestion is this: Instead of putting that text above each image, how about a paper clip to represent an attachment? I've photoshopped what such a scenario might look like (though if you do decide to implement this idea, you might want to use a bigger paper clip) ;)

Attachments

• attc2.gif
    attc2.gif
    23.5 KB · Views: 27
Originally posted by youth_cycler
*bumpity bump* :D

Another suggestion via yc.

Okay, you know how when someone attaches an image, it'll say above the attachment "{username} as attached this image:"? Well, sometimes it's kind of annoying, not to mention it's rather obvious that that person attached the image, since it's in their post. However, I do see why it's needed... so that people don't mistake it for an image placed there using the image code tags. So, my suggestion is this: Instead of putting that text above each image, how about a paper clip to represent an attachment? I've photoshopped what such a scenario might look like (though if you do decide to implement this idea, you might want to use a bigger paper clip) ;)
I really don't see how that is beneficial? :confused:

It's more aesthetically pleasing. ;)

(Oh well, I tried...)

[edit]: Well, actually, one of the main reasons I liked the idea is simply because it would be kind of cool... no other forum would have it. And, of course, it's more aesthetically pleasing.) :D

Back