You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Reventón;3394791
What? No Speedo? :P

The press release would probably say that the car is soooo fast, no-ones ever going to catch you, so knowledge of the speed is irrelevent as you don't need to abide by speed limits.

Hehe lol, the Beer-Holder is right.:D:tup: I think that one would need a few strong one's under them to find these Car's appealing. Or perhaps maybe I have this back to front, maybe the Designer's was wasted when he drew up the plans lol!:lol:
Peace,
Rusty*

-> I stumbled this car while leeching cars at the Shanghai show to be included in my wish list: :dopey:

-GEELY AUTOMOTIVE-
Geely F1 concept car '09

Geely_F1_Live_Jalopnik-topshot.jpg

ARTICLE

^ And I said WTF!? :scared:

:dunce:

Plenty of concept cars around here that you cannot own.
Here's something I'd say "rare" and you can buy it straight away (don't think anyone will be buying this anyways)

Mitsuoka Le-Seyde PS13.
ippL8d8.jpg

Must be the most horrible car that i've seen.
Only good thing to say about it is the engine, but it just makes it worse for me as there'd be plenty of better applications for the engine.
Looks like a franken car with rear end taken from a 50's yank car, midsection from 80's car, interior from 80's low end Japanese car and front end from 30's car.
Just look how dull the interior is!
V9ZVoToI.jpg

Taken from http://www.esv.fi/?info=open&id=134

Mistuoka's been hacking up cars for years...though their Orochi Zero is one neat supercar.

PS13 may indicate to me that the car's been hacked up from an old Nissan Silvia.

[WIKIPEDIA]GM EV1[/WIKIPEDIA]
The EV1 was the first modern production electric vehicle from a major automaker and also the first purpose-built electric car produced by General Motors (GM) in the United States. Introduced in 1996, The EV1 electric cars were available in California and Arizona in a limited (3 year/30,000 mile or 48000 km) "lease only" agreement.
ev1.jpg

800px-General_Motors_EV1_im_Museum_Autovision.jpg

800px-General_Motors_EV1%2C_engine_bay%2C_Motorraum.JPG

450px-Innenraum_des_General_Motors_EV1.JPG

Oh! I forget!! they dont exist anymore since GM was only leasing those and decided to take hem back only to crush them :nervous::scared:

In late 2003, GM officially canceled the EV1 program.[15][16] GM stated that it could not sell enough of the cars to make the EV1 profitable. This, combined with the fact that their parts and service infrastructure costs required to maintain the existing EV1's for the state legislated minimum of 15 years, would mean the existing leases would not be renewed and all the cars would have to be returned to GM's possession. As the vehicles were returned to General Motors possesion the vehicles were never replace with a similar or improved electic model and were subsequentally seredded.
34.jpg

GM EV1. I suppose if you haven't heard of that I can't blame you much...GM wants everyone to forget about it.

Just look how dull the interior is!
V9ZVoToI.jpg

Judging by the interior, the whole thing is based on an S13 Silvia/200SX whatever you want to call it. Amazing considering how... unusual... the exterior is, that they didn't make much effort changing the inside.

GM EV1. I suppose if you haven't heard of that I can't blame you much...GM wants everyone to forget about it.

I'd heard of the EV1 and it's ridiculous that GM crushed virtually all of them. Everyone that ever drove them loved it and proclaimed it the future... and then GM killed them and gave up on EV technology until the Volt came along. Just imagine how far they could have got with the concept had they bothered continuing with it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steyr-Daimler-Puch

Steyr-Daimler-Puch was an Austrian company, producing stuff including guns, tractors, motorcycles, and, of course, cars. They did some pretty sweet stuff, as it were:

They did a version of the Fiat 500 where they replaced only the engine, with the tastiest model offering 41 hp!
SteyrPuch500.jpg

They worked with Mercedes-Benz (Mercedes-Puch, as it were) to make the Gelandewagen:
MercPuchGelandewagen.jpg

And they have made some awesome off-roaders, my favourite the Haflinger (named after a horse) for its use of "portal axles" to get huge ground clearance (and generally everything else) from modest hardware:
Haflinger1967.jpg

Awesome company! I love how they make the Fiat 500 faster without adding any stupid look-fast parts. EDIT: for the record, only the engine on the last 'car' came from Fiat 500. Didn't realize how the comment would look... Also, did you know there exists a 2-litre G-Wagen? Slllloooowwwww

That's right, the Matiz was originally Giugaro's design for a Cinquencento replacement, which eventually became the Seicento. :)

They should have stuck to it being a three-door. (they didn't do the Matiz as a three-door did they?)

Interesting find 👍 I quite like the Seicento but I've never minded the Matiz either... it's just weird to think that it could have been a Fiat. Objectively, the Matiz was probably the better car of the two, but then the boxy Cinquecento on which the boxy Seicento was based was supposed to be a lot of fun so maybe they didn't want to mess with a winning formula.

They should have stuck to it being a three-door. (they didn't do the Matiz as a three-door did they?)

No. But 5-doors isn't such a bad idea, and for an upright shape like the Matiz probably works better. At the very least, you'd want a choice of 3 or 5 doors.

Back