You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
The Toyota Will VI. Somewhere in Britain there is one these driving around because I encountered one on the motorway a couple of weeks ago:

800px-Toyota_WiLL_Vi.jpg

I've seen a couple of those zooming around.

They're quirky without being obnoxious like the Nissan Figaro. I like them for that.

Apparently they sold 20 of those Retro-boxes in the UK, plus I saw one of them earlier in the year.

I always assumed they had sub-1000cc engines like the Figaro or most other small retro Japanese cars, but turns out it has the same a 1.3 found in the old Yaris.

:crazy:
Been in South Africa for a few days now and I keep seeing VW Golf Mk1s around and they are all in good shape for a 20+ year old car. Turns out they're called Citi Golfs and they were in production until 2009.

volkswagen-citi-golf-02_zps1b44d8e1.jpg

Holy **** I want that. Although the side profile is troubling... :nervous:

EDIT: NVM, that picture just threw me off. Looked up a few more and wow. Do want. Not with those wheels though.

And people think Yellow Bird was scary! I bet that car is crazy fast. I'd love to see it drag race a Veyron.

The only reason I know it existed along with the Ford GT90 is because of Need for Speed II back in the day. :lol:

Interesting, some of the specs are kind of neat. It has ties to cars you wouldn't expect, like the Taurus and Mercury Sable. Apparently, it uses parts from those cars' V6 engines, to create a 6.0L V12, unrelated to that of the GT90 and produces 450hp with a 6,150rpm limiter. Sounds pretty cool. I imagine I'd probably be really quick since it looks like it weighs next to nothing.

I'm reminded of the Micro Machines Ford Indigo I once had. Along with the fact that it was the sole reason why I wanted to try out Ford Racing 2.

Too bad I detested that game.

I'm reminded of the Micro Machines Ford Indigo I once had. Along with the fact that it featured in Ford Racing 2, which I hated.

Oddly enough I owned that game at one point and don't remember that car being in it.

Interesting, some of the specs are kind of neat. It has ties to cars you wouldn't expect, like the Taurus and Mercury Sable. Apparently, it uses parts from those cars' V6 engines, to create a 6.0L V12, unrelated to that of the GT90 and produces 450hp with a 6,150rpm limiter. Sounds pretty cool. I imagine I'd probably be really quick since it looks like it weighs next to nothing.

Was a fully functioning concept car and It sounded amazing too!

^^^Awesome. I read there was only 2 built, a dummy and an actual running version.

Latest Posts

Back