You learn something new... - Cars you didn't know existed, until now!

• Thread starter Rue
  • 6,192 comments
Pontiac Wave. First gen Aveo for Canada. *yawn*
pontiac_wave_silver_2005_4d.jpg

If the car is not interesting in anyways, why should we even need to care about its existance?

That Pontiac is making a tiny wave in my interest scale...

^ That Troller deserves to be re-badged as the Ford Bronco in the US.
I agree actually, I wouldn't mind it if Ford sold it here as a Bronco or some new name they would come up with.

That's the new one, that looks nice. The old one looks just like a Wrangler...
troller-t4-01.jpg
Wow, it really is Ford's Jeep. Anyway yeah, I like the look of the new one except for the grill. That's the only thing I would want Ford to change visually if they were to sell it in the US.

^ Actually, the old one was a pre-Ford engineered run. The new one may qualify as a One Ford model with a little tweaks.

Up until today, I don't know they sold a convertible variant of the old Holden Barina in Australia (better known as the Opel/Vauxhall Corsa B).

1997-2000_Holden_Barina_(SB)_Cabrio_(2011-03-17).jpg

Now, not to knock GM's quality control, but the state of that roof just makes it look like a cheap conversion. Admittedly, a photo of this particular example probably isn't the best, since the car looks in pretty rough shape. But alas, it still looks silly - even more so because of the supporting braces for when the roof is down.

holden-barina-cabrio-02.jpg

Despite my complaints, it is a fairly neat idea, especially since it was long before the craze of convertible variants of popular hatchbacks (barring the Golf). I find it strange they didn't sell it in other areas; I get the feeling it would've sold decently enough. Then again, I also feel it would have been better suited to the Tigra of the period, even more so considering it was the same platform.

Oh God, I can feel the scuttle shake from here..

I went on the internet and I found this:

comarth-xtamy-2004_.jpg

The Comarth Xtamy. Spanish made, with a 2.0 Ford Duratec engine, good for approx 200bhp. Weighs around 800kg, so performance is nippy enough. Got to be honest, to say I'm not a fan of the styling would be quite the understatement. It gets worse around the back, where it looks like a cheap knock-off of a Smart Roadster.

Looking for decent Ford Orion shots when I came across its 2-door Brazilian counterpart (Ford Verona). Also sold as the VW Apollo as part of the Autolatina joint venture.

apollo.jpg

I went on Google to look up pics of a Renault 5 Turbo for this thread and then i found this car:

conceptcar.ee-renault-5-turbo-2-ppg-indy-pace-car-concept-1982-02.jpg

110103-renault_5_ppg-1.jpg

It's a Renault-AMC 5 Turbo II PPG Pace Car! :confused:

Even for being a really huge fan of the R5 Turbo, i didn't know this thing existed at all. :boggled:

Was built on the chassis of the 1981 IMSA GTU 5 Turbo.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Oh God, I can feel the scuttle shake from here..

I went on the internet and I found this:

comarth-xtamy-2004_.jpg

The Comarth Xtamy. Spanish made, with a 2.0 Ford Duratec engine, good for approx 200bhp. Weighs around 800kg, so performance is nippy enough. Got to be honest, to say I'm not a fan of the styling would be quite the understatement. It gets worse around the back, where it looks like a cheap knock-off of a Smart Roadster.
The roofline kinda resembled the Tommykaira ZZ-II..... :rolleyes:

Didn't know that Galpin did Lincolns.
image.jpg
2 sun roofs, rear strobe lights, led taillights, 1800 watt stereo, 1000 watt inverter, solar dash panel. Has a 1993 mustang engine.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back