Your favorite racing game of 2023

• Thread starter ctdc67
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
None of the racing games I was looking forward to knocked it out of the park but were still good. Motogp 23, F1 23, Ride 5,WRC 23 and FM were the games I played.(xsx). I’m going with Ride 5 because of the amount of tracks.

According to my stats the games I played most were DiRT Rally 2.0, Forza Horizon 5 and EA SPORTS WRC.

My least favourite game was The Crew: Motorfest but I guess I was spoilt by FH5.

Last edited:
EA Sports WRC, I think. Even though it's not perfect, even though it had all those performance issues and a few bugs. Nothing else registers for me. FM and Ride 5 are solid games but don't draw me in. F1 23 was an improvement over 22 but still essentially the same underlying game. What else was there?

I don't want to criticise Motorfest too harshly or turn this into a versus thread but what didn't work for me compared to FH5 were the physics, the graphics and the short length of the career forcing me to go multiplayer if I wanted more. But what probably puts me off the most is the lottery upgrade system which I didn't find straightforward at all.

I can understand how other people might be finding Horizon a bit stale after two years and I guess it's comfort food for me to an extent, but the minor variations in gameplay are enough to keep me coming back for a few hours a week just as with EA WRC.

Last edited:
I don't want to criticise Motorfest too harshly or turn this into a versus thread but what didn't work for me compared to FH5 were the physics, the graphics and the short length of the career forcing me to go multiplayer if I wanted more. But what probably puts me off the most is the lottery upgrade system which I didn't find straightforward at all.

I can understand how other people might be finding Horizon a bit stale after two years and I guess it's comfort food for me to an extent, but the minor variations in gameplay are enough to keep me coming back for a few hours a week just as with EA WRC.
Agreed. I only didn't say FH5 due to its 2021 release date. There's a lot I enjoy about Motorfest but overall I do rate FH5 higher and FH4 higher still.

Taking into account games that released last year, it has to be EA Sports WRC. I enjoyed my time with it, though I wish each Career mode year shuffled the events on the calendar to give it more replayability. I've passed on Motorfest for now since I spent years on TC2 and the new game didn't feel like enough of a leap for me to purchase it.

As for Forza Motorsport, that is certainly one of the racing games to ever exist. Looks good, but it delivers the bare minimum of a racing game experience.

Agreed. I only didn't say FH5 due to its 2021 release date. There's a lot I enjoy about Motorfest but overall I do rate FH5 higher and FH4 higher still.
I've tried but I can't go back to FH4 despite its more varied map as I find S2 cars kinda undrivable. FH3's map had some wonderful variables and I might even prefer it to 4's, but I wish it had more in the way of urban environments. However, it's the driving feel which keeps me coming back to 5. It may only be a minor tweak in physics but it makes a difference to me.

I apologise profusely for taking this thread off topic btw, feel free to come at me if anyone finds my comments (esp. regarding Motorfest) unreasonable.

Last edited:
Let's see. How many racing games released in 2023 DON'T have tiny career modes...

That will be EA Sports WRC then!
Agreed, but it could be so much better with more heavily randomised rally stages.

Gotta love the website support and online analysis of club races, though.

Last edited:
Back