Halifax GP

Halifax GP 1.5.2

Halifax GP Title Picture1.5.jpg

Westside of Aachen turned into a track. ~9.5km
The name is derived from the Halifax Bridge.

Halifax GP CSP warning.jpg

(If you can't, get Halifax GP v1.2 (click me)!!)

The track was created in Google Maps (link) first and is entirely based on real streets in the West of Aachen, Germany. The track itself is kept as close as possible to the real life streets. Some sections have been slightly altered in width and camber to allow for better racing though. I've also removed all of the green strips/trees in the middle of the road as that would be lowkey deadly.

Apart from the track nothing is based on reality. I have taken a lot of liberties with the surroundings and decorations. A whole city is difficult for many reasons and I wanted to do my own aesthetics as well.
Note that this is my first track originally meant as a quick learning project. ^^

Warning CSP users: Disable "Cache generated grids" and "Cache generated payloads" in "New AI Behavior", it breaks AI lines!!!
cachegen.png
Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_halifax_gp_9-11-123-8-18-27.jpg

Track features:
  • Physical track mesh
  • 40 pit/grid boxes
  • AI Line
  • GrassFX
  • RainFX
  • LightsFX
  • SoundFX
  • TreeFX
  • ParticleFX
  • Dynamic crowds
  • Working starting lights
  • Reverse layout
  • Reverb
  • Animated objects
  • Replay cams

Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_halifax_gp_9-11-123-8-10-36.jpg

GT3 racing in the rain, max settings:

Hotlap fun by Super Sim Racing:

Cruising session by iceninja46:

Bugfixes you may try if stuff fails:
If the AI drives into every wall and is erratic and unpredictable, try disabling this option in CM. It is mandatory for Ai!
cachegen.png

Incase this happens:
unknown.png

Update CSP to the newest version!

If the light seems to be too impactful on your performance you can disable it entirely by disabling LightsFX in the CSP settings.

Screenshot_ddm_subaru_22b_halifax_gp_9-11-123-7-53-29.jpg

Special thanks to:
CaptainAwesome aka Arthur for helping me with planning the layout, testing, brainstorming, etc...!
VTEC League for testing and feedback!
@Federico Testa and ӨMΣGΛ for a loot of technical support and feedback.
Many others I forgot for assets, tutorials, documentation, etc. The whole track-building community, basically.

Feel free to leave feedback and bugreports. I'd appreciate it!
This is my first ever track, more to come.
Reactions: Jordan
Author
BassGaming
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Latest updates

1. Hotfix: New AI; Pitlane fixed

- New Ai spline. Ai doesn't crash much anymore and is about as fast as before (~3:38 in GT3...
Back