MINI

• Thread starter SCARLOOS
  • 12 comments
I got the mini up to 117mph. My best races include 4 endurance races, GTWORLDCHAMPIONSHIP-PRO, ITALIAN AVANT GARDE(in a Zonda S against Zonda Race Cars), RED EMBLEM, some more. None of them were too tought xcept of the ITALIAN AVANT GARDE.

i'm pretty sure i got my mini to 134 mph. it was fully modded and i prob did it several times but the one that comes to mind is on the tokyo track. all the settings were untouched except no ASM, TCS: Level 1, springs lowered all the way, and stretched the gear ratio to the auto setting one click under the middle setting. i was racing to win, not just for top speed. boy was that race hard...

you may be wondering, why was i driving a mini!!??? because i liked the challenge. After i maxxed out my volcano colored mini which i won in the european championship, i used it to demolish the competition in the beginner lightweight series to win, guess what? another mini! but this time it was hawaiin blue. thank god, i think the purple, anthracite, and surf blue ones i were also able to randomly generate looked terrible. i musta done the load thingy 25 times in the european championship before i settled on the volcano (it looks pretty good).

after which, i began feeling bad for the mini, realizing without giving it a second chance, that it would never be driven again. so just for fun i took my mini into the amateur japanese championship to see how it would compete. surprisingly, it seemed doable, as i was able to catch up and finish a little over 2 seconds of hte first place car. i'm not that great of a driver but i guess i'm decent. on the first race of the japanese championship, the tokyo track, i think my lap times were

1) ~2:07
2) ~1:57
3) ~1:59

because i finished only 2 seconds behind the lead car (an nsx), and that my best lap was 2 seconds faster than my last lap, i felt if i raced a little better it was doable. so i went into settings and stretched out the gear ratios a wee bit, as it was redlining 6th gear early.

after 2 restarts, i finally was doing well enough to have a shot. i actually got infront of the nsx at the last turn of lap 2, but i bumped the wall and the nsx shot past me and was once again well in front. i slowly caught up, in the middle of lap 3. the mini is fun to drive, even though its pretty weak, it acclerates pretty well, and u can shave off alot of time as it handles very well. its fun not having to brake into turns that u would have to in other cars :) .

anyways, i passed the nsx on the last turn of lap 3 (the last lap!), and i was like 2 meters in front. of course, the stupid nsx is much faster and that stupid straight couldn't have been short enough. i switched into 3rd person view, and kept staying in front of him so he couldn't pass me. in what seemed like forever, i was able to hold him off and beat him by ~.034 seconds. i was so freaking lucky. while i was slowing down the nsx so he couldn't pass me, the 3rd place car, a r34 skyline caught up to us. i only beat him by ~.080 some seconds. it was NUTS!!! i was so happy!

the mini brought me BIG joy! :)

the later races weren't as eventful. the second race was super speedway, which took forever but i won by a safe margin. third race was apricot, i didn't want to risk losing (i'm patient, but having to redo 2 races in a mini after i won by such a slim margin is too crazy for me), so i cut the corners on one of those last turns and drove through the dirt to seal the victory.

here i was in a 178 hp mini having gotten 1st place in all 3 races against nsx's, skylines, and such. it was great.

race 4 was ss11 i think. unlike the tokyo, i never got close to the lead car (nsx), and i had to settle for 4th. by race 5 i had 33 points with the nsx having 24. my thumb was hurting so badly, cuz i was pressing gas too hard. i've noticed many a times i don't press it hard enough (don't u hate that?!), so i guess i was pressing really hard trying to make the mini go faster. :) . so i just saved and did the reload technique to get me-self a sunburst yellow rx-7 rz.

hope you guys enjoyed my story, thanks if you actually read all of it =P.

EVERYONE SHOULD GIVE A MINI A TRY!!!

The Mini (MINI is the new BMW version) is capable of taking the FF Pro series. That's probably going to be my next challenge while I'm waiting for GT4 to come out.

Thanks for searching before posting a new thread, and welcome to GTPlanet, if I haven't said so already!

veddy interesting. i never knew mini and MINI implied different cars. anyways tell me how you do in the Pro FF. i imagine although it can be very rewarding to overcome such a challenge, that it can be equally devastating =(.

SCARLOOS
WHATS THE TOP SPEED YOU HAVE GOTTEN YOU MINI UP TO.

WHATS THE HIGHEST LEVEL RACE YOU HAVE WON?

Try not to post in capital letters! It frowned on by the moderators!

Don't remember my highest top speed, somewhere approching 140mph I think.

Highest level races I've won in the Mini are Professional FF races, Amateur Japanese Championship and Passage To Colosseo Endurance race. 👍
Search the GT3 Write-ups thread for Why I Hate AI....(part 1) and The Italian Job for write ups of a win & a near miss for the Rome enduro. :)

Enjoy. ;)

P.S. If you love the Mini, come to Mini Maniacs, there's a link in my signature.

I dont remember my top speed with Mini but ill try it soon.
The toughest races i did with it were the pro FF, any rally race, and one of the two 2 hour endurance races.
Many people say it sucks but with proper tuning, settings and driver i can beat cars with over 300hp easily

haha there's no need to yell at SCARLOOS. it says this thread was started in 2001 anyway. i read some posts and kept seeing moderators getting angry, so i brought this one back =P.

smallhorses man, you're nuts!!! lol. i read ur "Why I hate AI" threads, you're a great storyteller. i'm frankly too lazy, to be able to write a lap by lap recap of an endurance race (not to mention i need all the focus i can get). but what you accomplished (or fell short of) is exactly what i can't stand in this racing game. seeing that you did an enduro with a mini, you don't seem to feel the rage and anger and frustration and sadness i get when i lose an enduro after investing so much time into it =(. its the worst ****ing feeling when the computer gives you rope then pulls it all away on the final lap! =P

nevertheless, its funny how both of us used the mini in the amateur japanese championship. what on earth were we thinking??!? it was just an odd coincidence for me, as it was the only one out of the 3 (japanese, european, american) that i had left to win cars from. i think i read that u did it on soft with no nsx. well i did it on supersoft with the nsx. the end of the first race was gut wrenching. it was fun however, i think i'll try it again once my racing skills get even better. but even then, i don't think i would have what it takes emotionally to try an endurance race with it. =)

Just tried the Mini on the top speed test and got 154.9 MPH :) Still a bit more left in there, perhaps another 2 MPH

Didn't test it out on the test track yet, but on the complex string circuit it reached about 221-222 km/h (+/- 137 mph) :)

Back