The Old GT4 Drift Settings Depot - Permanently Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody make a set up for the following:

1997 Supra RZ

BMW M3 CSL

Amuse s2000

I still cant drift...i spin out constantly, or i'm always against the wall. I use a DualShock2. Is that the reason why? People say that turning the ASM on will take away the driving experience...so do we put it on or not? :dopey:

my BMW M3 CSL settings are

Parts. All you can buy ~524 hp

Settings:

Brakes 10/15

Suspension
rate 14.4/12.6
height 84/84
bound and rebound all at 8
camber 2/1
toe 0/0
stabilizers 5/5

Tires n3/n2

asm 0/0
tsm 0/0

limited slip 10/40/20

give em a try

those settings are pretty good..i can angle it..but when i countersteer i spin out....is this because im using a dual shock 2? and im using auto tranny lol..is there a big difference if i change to manual.

What i really wanna drift is the 1997 Toyota Supra RZ...i downloaded a awesome video of this guy with a blue supra with golden rims...it's like he finished the entire midfield track in a smooth and continuous drift *well not the strait away*

Can one of you pro's figure give me a Supra set up..with low horsepower possibly so i can practice. :dopey:

it sounds like you need to be a little more sensitive with the counterseering and throttle
may i suggest using the anolog sticks instead of the x and square buttons.

i drift using my DS2 with the d pad and buttons. i'm not so good with the control sticks. Just take your time. dont keep switching cars, work with one car on one track until you learn it inside and out. Then you can move on. I suggest Trail Mountain for practice. Dont counterstear like crazy, just tap tap tap

can you drift around a corner at high speeds..lets say 120+?...i can maybe get around a corner at 60-80 at most lol. I might as well do grip driving cuz i suck at drifting so much :scared: . But drifting looks so much better

nismounlmtd
why is this not a sticky'd thread?

you know, he has a point here. someone just posted settings outside this post, probably because this was a ways down the page and wasnt seen.

Updated 3/12/2005!

Changing the front tires to Medium and rear tires to Hard allows the front tires to slide just a teency bit (the soft tires were "grabbing" on to the pavement post-drift and creating lots of snap-back, resulting in spins) and give a little more longevity, and for the rear tires it allows for easy braking drifts and accel-off drifts. You can now just throw the car into the corner at high speed, braking all the way to the apex, and then use throttle control and counter steer to accel. out. Remember, these are RACING drift settings, so drive hard and drive fast with it!

194GVan
you know, he has a point here. someone just posted settings outside this post, probably because this was a ways down the page and wasnt seen.

That'd be me! 👍

Anyway, so here's my NISMO 270R Racing Drift Settings, all you 👍 good 👍 drifters out there should give this a try and give me feedback on things I can do different. The only stipulations are I want to keep the Maxed out HP and the racing tires. I don't care which racing tires they are, just so long as they're racing. If you have any suggestions just post a reply or PM me, and when someone makes a suggestion that improves the car's high speed driftability and control, we'll update the specs, and credit will be given to all who helped! Savy?

So here's my initial setup, I'm using DS2, and I'm still not a very good drifter in GT4 (I used to be pretty good at GT3:A) so be as kind and gentle as possible when fixing my screw-ups :crazy:

Max HP (we ARE racing it), 526 or something like that
Racing Tires - Medium Front/Hard Rear (Haha, ambiguous)
Brake Balance Controller - 2 front/12 rear
Suspension: Spring Rates - 12.5/12.5
Ride Height - 90/90
Shocks - (8/8) and (8/8)
Camber - 30/1.5
Toe - 0/0
Stabs - 5/5
Transmission - Auto 11 (I think it's the default setting)
Limited Slip Differential - 20/50/20

I took my settings out to Trial Mountain and was pulling in 1:40 lap times drifting every corner, but I was having some trouble with violent snap-back. Just remember, I'm aiming to RACE with these settings, so try to keep that in mind. Thanks guys!

(PS: in case you didn't know already, the 270R is won by getting all bronze in the IA license tests, easy enough :dopey: )

Ok I hate to reply to my own reply so quickly, but I just found something much better already.

Using the accept same setup I mentioned before, changing the front tires to Medium and the rear tires to Hard reduces snap-back and gives more control over the car mid drift. Allowing the front tires to slide just a little bit more reduces the snap back, and allowing the rear tires to slide a little more gives more control. I lowered my Trial Mountain Speed Drift time by 10 seconds to about 1:30 per lap, with a current record of 1:25, drifting every corner. So make sure to change those tires to Medium/Hard, and give this setup a try. It's already looking much better.

The "BP FALKEN RX-7 (D1GP) -- BY: Grimlyn" link in the first post isn't right, needs to be edited.

Speaking of that car though, i did the drift settings and it was really hard to control, is there anything i can do for more stability? Or just make a different drifter?

Car: Bmw M3 GTR Race Car
Upgrades: Sport Hard Tires
Settings: Matters on the track for what gearing, but suspension, i added a little in the rear, and took out some in the front, front camber at 5, rear at 4, bound at 9 on both and rebound at 7 on both, downforce was all the way down in the rear, and matching number in the front, balast was at 30 and position was -50

After about a week of messing with this bad boy, here's what I came up with.

NISMO 400R '96

Version II

Exhaust : Racing
Racing Chip : None
NA Tune : None
Tire Type : Standard
Front : N2
Rear : N1
Nitrous : None
Turbine Kit : Stage 4
Intercooler : Racing
Brakes : Racing
Brake Controller : Equip
Suspension : Racing
Transmission : Full Customize
Clutch: Triple-plate
Flywheel : Racing
Carbon Driveshaft : None
Limited-slip : Standard
AYC : None
VCD : Control

Brake Settings - Front 4 / Rear 6

Suspension Settings
Spring Rate - Front 8.5 / Rear 5.2
Ride Height - Front 85 / Rear 90
Bound - Front 7 / Rear 3
Rebound - Front 7 / Rear 3
Camber - Front 3.5 / Rear 2.0
Toe - Front 2 / Rear -2
Stabilizers - Front 3 / Rear 2

Transmission Settings - AUTOSET : Track and driver dependant, usually between 8 and 12 for me.

Driving Aids Settings
ASM/O - 0
ASM/U - 0
TCS - 0

Downforce - None (I didn't put a wing on it)

VCD Settings - 25% front

NOTE- This is how I use this car. When you come in to a corner, left off the gas and turn in. The rear end will start to slip out on its own. Then apply the throttle and countersteer as needed. I use my regular race lines and approach speeds and it works well for me. Next weekend I will be posting a video of this so you can get an idea of how to drive this car.

This set-up seems to work great for me. Got any questions, comments, or suggestions just let me know. I'll be glad to hear from you. I like running it on Apricot Hill, it's links a lot of the corners together very nicely. Happy drifting. 👍

ropeadope
The "BP FALKEN RX-7 (D1GP) -- BY: Grimlyn" link in the first post isn't right, needs to be edited.

Speaking of that car though, i did the drift settings and it was really hard to control, is there anything i can do for more stability? Or just make a different drifter?

Tankspanker has been notified of the broken links and will be fixing them the next time the thread is updated 👍

Chevrolet Silverado SST Concept

Parts
  • Supercharger
  • Racing Brakes
  • Racing Suspension
  • Close Transmission
  • Tripple-Plate Clutch
  • Racing Flywheel
  • Carbon Driveshaft
  • 2 Way LSD

Settings
  • Ride Height F:110 R: 110
  • Shock Bound and Shock Rebound---8
  • Camber F: 3 R: 0
  • Toe F: 0 R: 0
  • Stabilizers F: 3 R: 6
  • Driving Aids all 0

awdrifter2
Lift throttle oversteer, braking to initiate a drift. Some understeer on throttle (that I wish I can get rid of). Comments and feedbacks are welcomed.

I had that same problem with my 400R. It would oversteer nicely coming in to a corner, but when I layed on the throttle if the tires didnt break loose right away, it would understeer like hell. I forgot how I fixed it, but if I come across it again I'll be sure to let you know.

okay, the broken links should now be fixed, and the settings section has been reorganized just a little bit

enjoy guys

dsvw56
I had that same problem with my 400R. It would oversteer nicely coming in to a corner, but when I layed on the throttle if the tires didnt break loose right away, it would understeer like hell. I forgot how I fixed it, but if I come across it again I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks. I tried out your setting, maybe cuz I'm using the DS2 contorllers, your setting didn't work for me. So I just based it on my R32 N1's settings, it seems to work reasonably well for me.

awdrifter2
Thanks. I tried out your setting, maybe cuz I'm using the DS2 contorllers, your setting didn't work for me. So I just based it on my R32 N1's settings, it seems to work reasonably well for me.

Try getting rid of your LSD or at least lowering the Accel setting a bit. Also maybe try lowering your rear toe to like -2. BTW, I use the DS2 also. Have you tried the rubberband trick? It made an immediate improvement in my drifting.

dsvw56
Try getting rid of your LSD or at least lowering the Accel setting a bit. Also maybe try lowering your rear toe to like -2. BTW, I use the DS2 also. Have you tried the rubberband trick? It made an immediate improvement in my drifting.

I will try it tonight. What's the runnberband trick? Thanks.

TankSpanker's '98 Sileighty - soft settings

Parts:
Tune to 290-300ish hp
N3 Tires Front and Rear
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Suspension
Fully Customizeable Tranny
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Wing (not really necessary)
Stage 2 Weight Reduction (can do more)
Full LSD​

Settings:
Brake Controller
  • Front: 5
  • Rear: 20
Suspension:
  • Spring Rates: 3.5 kgf/mm | 2.0 kgf/mm
  • Ride Height: 96mm | 96mm
  • Shock Bound: 8 | 4
  • Shock Rebound: 8 | 4
  • Camber Angle: 2.5 | 1.0
  • Toe Angle: 0 | -2
  • Stabilizers: 3 | 2
Aids:
  • ASM Oversteer: 0
  • ASM Understeer: 0
  • TCS: 0
LSD:
  • Initial Torque: 55
  • Limited Slip Acceleration: 50
  • Limited Slip Deceleration: 50
note: these are quite flexible

Downforce:
Do as you please here, as is required to balance the car to your liking.
I had mine set to: 15 | 6
But I had been playing with it regularly

This car can act a bit twitchy at times if you arent paying attention, but holds a drift quite well.

TankSpanker's '98 Sileighty - moderately stiff settings

Parts:
Tune to 290-300ish hp
N2 Tires Front and Rear
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Suspension
Fully Customizeable Tranny
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Wing (not really necessary)
Stage 2 Weight Reduction (can do more)
Full LSD​

Settings:
Brake Controller
  • Front: 9
  • Rear: 22
Suspension:
  • Spring Rates: 14.0 kgf/mm | 9.5 kgf/mm
  • Ride Height: 95mm | 95mm
  • Shock Bound: 8 | 6
  • Shock Rebound: 8 | 6
  • Camber Angle: 3.0 | 1.0
  • Toe Angle: 0 | 0
  • Stabilizers: 3 | 1
note: play with the stabilizers to balance the car to your liking.

Aids:
LSD:
  • Initial Torque: 10
  • Limited Slip Acceleration: 40
  • Limited Slip Deceleration: 20
note: these are quite flexible

Downforce:
Do as you please here, as is required to balance the car to your liking.
I had mine set to: 10 | 0

TankSpanker's '95 Lancer Evolution III GSR

Parts:
Tune to 400-450ish hp
N2 Tires Front and Rear
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
Racing Suspension
Triple-plate Clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Driveshaft
Variable Center Differential
Stage 2 Weight Reduction (can do more, I had no Cr.)
Stock LSD​

Settings:
Brake Controller
  • Front: 6
  • Rear: 20

Suspension:
  • Spring Rates: 6.0 kgf/mm | 3.0 kgf/mm
  • Ride Height: 125mm | 125mm
  • Shock Bound: 8 | 5
  • Shock Rebound: 8 | 5
  • Camber Angle: 2.4 | 0.8
  • Toe Angle: 0 | 0
  • Stabilizers: 1 | 1
note: play with the stabilizers to balance the car to your liking.

Aids:
LSD:
  • STOCK
VCD:
  • 25%~ish

My S15 Setup.

N2 tyres
HKS Original turbo
2-Way LSD
Racing Exhaust
Semi-Racing Suspension

Double-plate clutch
Semi-racing flywheel
1st level weight reduction
all brake mods

Settings:
Spring Rate : 4.00 / 4.50
Ride height : 100 / 100
Camber : 8 / 8
Camber Angle : 3.5 / 2.5
Stabilizers : 4 / 4

No Aids

If you want, use a wing with 15 in the rear.

Darrell
do u guys have anything for supra RZ?

I've been working on one, but I've been having trouble getting rid of that horrific wheel spin it has. I can't seem to find a balance. Too little traction and the wheels just spin all the way through 3rd gear, too much and no slide. If I get something that works, I'll make sure to post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back