The Old GT4 Drift Settings Depot - Permanently Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darrell
do u guys have anything for supra RZ?

Alright, after a couple days of playing around with this, I've discovered that I was working against myself the whole time. I found out this car drifts perfectly fine almost stock. So here it goes.

Toyota Supra RZ '97

What you'll need to buy :

Weight Reductions - Stage 2
N3 Tires
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brakes
Brake Controller
and thats it.

Settings :
Brakes - Front 3 / Rear 15

This is what I got the best results out of. Still gotta be gentle with the throttle. This thing loves to spin the tires (Just like its real life counterpart). *OFF TOPIC* Speaking of that, has anyone seen the prices of Supra's lately? Wow are they getting expensive. My friend bought one in 99 and sold it for twice what he paid for it last summer. One in good condition will go for $40,000 easily. It's crazy. *BACK ON TOPIC* So anyways, if anyone one can come up with a better set up than this I'd love to see it, cause I just couldnt find one.

whoops, sorry nk4e

when i recompiled the list i was going through the pages pretty quick looking for long posts. Yours are almost all 5 lines and I suppose I missed them

I'll get them back in

[edit] Done, sorry about that

TankSpanker
whoops, sorry nk4e

when i recompiled the list i was going through the pages pretty quick looking for long posts. Yours are almost all 5 lines and I suppose I missed them

I'll get them back in

[edit] Done, sorry about that
where you in a hurry?

RX-7_FC_DrIfteR
Originally Posted by xsyorra

Mazda
RX-7 Efini Type-RZ ('95)

Upgrades:
Racing exhaust
Stock brakes
Break Balance
ALL engine mods
Stage 1 turbo
Racing intercooler
Full trany
Stock flywheel
Twin clutch
Full LSD
RE Ayamia Original suspension
Lightweight 3
Rollcage with rigitity plan
First wing you come to
oil change - this makes 380 HP

Settings
Tires: N3

Springs: 16.0, 16.0
Shocks: 6, 7
Camber: 3.5, 0.7
Stabs: 2, 3

Balance: 9, 19

LSD: 5, 50, 15

Trans auto set to 14

Downforce: 30, 10

Ballast weight: 5
Weight balance: -25

No ASM or TCS

I based this on Yuichi Imamura's Apex'i D1 FD specs. Try it out!!!

With all modified, i got only 344 HP, even with an oil change! Something wrong!

zerodiesel
With all modified, i got only 344 HP, even with an oil change! Something wrong!

Uh, you're definitely missing something then. All performance parts are available in the exhaust, engine, and turbo sections of the tuning places.

Also, make sure you've got everything EQUIPPED, not just purchased.

Chaparral 2D Race Car (Racing Drift Settings) Version 1.0

WARNING: This car is very different from most other cars in that it only has 3 gears. Because of this, you're going from 1-100 in first, 100-150 in second, and 150-top speed in third. As a result, this car requires LOTS of throttle control. You also CANNOT let the RPMs drop below 2 or 3 thousand, you lose a lot of power and a lot of drifting capability.

So here's my initial settings:

Full Power upgrades (I think you just need to purchase Turbo Stage 4, a rollcage, and tires, and this car is SET. It's about 160,000 cr to buy the turbo, rollcage, and medium and hard racing tires) bringing you to 991 HP

Suspension Settings-

Ride Height - 70/70
Camber - 3.0/1.5
All Other settings are left on Default

Braking Settings-

Brake Balance - 2/10

Transmission Settings-

Set to Auto 15

ASM and TCS-

and... 0!

Downforce-

Front - 30
Rear - 21

Limited Slip-

Initial Torque - 30
Accel - 60
Dec. - 30

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just keep in mind, this is my first try at settings with this car, and this is a very hard car to get used to, but I've had TONS of fun with it ever since I became used to it, and it looks amazing when sideways :sly:

Also, you should be able to drift corners 10 or even 20 mph faster than normal cars (FC, FD, S14, etc.).

WARNING!!! THIS IS A FF CAR

'78 Mitsubishi MiRAGE 1400GLX

Upgrade to Max... 206PS

Tires : Front/N2 Rear/N1
Springs Rate : 15.0/1.8
Ride Height : 130/130
Bound : 10/1
Rebound : 1/10
Camber : 2.5/1.0
Toe : 0/0
Stabilizer : 1/1

Transmission Setting : Auto Set 8

Brake Balance : 1/24

LSD : 60, 60, 20
Weight : 200
Placement : 50

Mazda BP Falken RX-7 (D1GP) Racing Drift Settings Version 1.0

Here are my racing drift settings for my D1 FC. This car may seem a little touchy to some, but I've been pulling in 1:32.00 lap times on Trial Mountain with it. I like this setup alot, but obviously feel free to adjust settings to better suite your drifting style.

Parts you need to buy:

You need the Maximum Horsepower of 586
Weight Reduction Stage 3
Rollcage
Brake Balance Controller
and Medium and Hard racing tires

Settings:

Brake Balance - 2/8
Springs - 12/12.5
Ride Height - 100/100
Shocks - 8/8/8/8
Camber - 3/1.5
Stabs - 5/5
Transmission - Auto 11
LSD - 20/50/20
Downforce - 13/11

There ya go. Try taking it to your favorite race track and doing a Practice Meet, race against some hard opponents! 👍

nightkids4ever
(Note: many people recommend drifting the D1GP cars with the stock settings

This is true. However, the D1GP is a style event for drifting. Sure the complexity and speed of the drift make or brake it for the judges, but my settings are all about going as fast around corners as possible. I took my setup to Trial Mountain and raced against 5 JGTC cars (NSXs, 350Zs, Touring cars, etc.) and totally demolished them. My fastest lap time was 3 or 4 seconds faster than second place. I had to stop my car and wait for them to catch up just to make the race interesting :crazy:

So yes, the D1GP cars have very good drift settings defaulted, but I tweaked mine to optimize it for race drifting (as I do with ALL my cars :sly: ). Why not try my settings and compare it to the stock settings? You might like it ;) :P :lol:

:cheers:

1983 Toyota Corolla Levin GT-APEX Racing *AND* Show Drift

These are my settings for my Racing Drift and Show Drift AE86 non-turbo. Luckily The difference between the Racing Drift and Show Drift settings is only the rear tires. If you're racing, you use Medium/Hard, if you're drifting for fun, it's Medium/Super Hards! I kid you not. Try out the settings yourself! The Medium/Hard setup is all about the small angle, high speed drift, Takumi style. I stay to the outside and slam on the brakes at the last second, then jerk the car towards the apex, and FLOOR IT. Just like 86s in real life... FLOOR IT. The car practically drifts itself in Racing mode. You'll find it starts drifting half way into the Apex and then stops drifting half way before the exit of the corner. It's kinda weird, but I swear I have NO understeer with this setup. Anyway, I'm blabbering again, here's the settings:

Parts You Need To Buy
Best of everything. Max HP and max customization. If you wanna be a fruit cake you can put a huge spoiler on yours, but I didn't because mine is panda with black rims with a polished lip and I am 1337. You also need to get stage 3 weight reduction, rollcage, etc. And you need Super Hard, Hard, and Medium racing tires.

Settings

Brake Balance - 3/15
Springs - 12/12
Ride Height - 99/99
Shocks - 6/6 bound and 8/8 rebound
Camber - 4/2
Stabs - 5/4
Transmission - Auto 10
LSD - 20/50/20

This car pulled in a 1:35.200 lap time at Trial Mountain for me with the Racing setup and a 1:35.900 with the Style setup, so not too much difference in speed, but the Style setup slides VERY easily, but the torque curve on this thing is pretty straight, so maintaining your drifts is pretty easy. I raced this car against my BP Falken RX-7's fastest ghost at Trial Mountain and was only 1.4 seconds behind... it's half the horsepower.

Happy drifting :sly:

Settings for the: Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STi spec C '04(you can buy it stock at Subaru) >FR'like handling<
Parts to buy:
-Racing exhaust
-Racing brakes kit
-Brake controller
-Transmission Fully customizeable
-Triple clutch
-Variable LSD
-Carbon driveshaft
-Stage 3 turbo kit
-sports intercooler
-Fully customizeable suspension
-N2 tyres
-All weight reduction and the Increase Rigidity upgrade
PS no engine mods like NA tuning or something

Settings:
Brake balance f/r: 3/24
Driving Aids: all of except for ASM understeer wich is 20
Spring rate f/r: 6.3/5.4
Ride height f/r: 98/98
Damper bounce f/r: 8/8
Damper rebounce f/r: 8/8
Chamber angle f/r: 3.0/2.0
Toe angle f/r: 0/0
Stabilizer f/r: 2/2
Transmission: stock (meaning auto should be 12)
LSD initial f/r: 18/51
LSD accel. f/r: 30/60
LSD decel. f/r: 15/52
VCD: 10
Weight balance, ballast weight: 47
Weight balance, Front/Rear balance: 50

This was a 4WD car but I set it up this way it should be FR like with less countersteering and little snap back, because that were my problems if you read my posts in other threads. It's my first VERY driftable car:D:tup: I know it doesn't look challenging to drift it, but I don't want it to be that, I want it to be easy

PS. you should NOT stick to these though if you wanna learn and improve cause this is a bit TOO easy (changed it thanks to Swift:tup: )

1991 Nissan SILVIA K's (S13) Racing Drift Setup

I think this might be one of my best setups. At first it was a little touchy, sliding almost completely out of control with the slightest throttle, but I jacked the transmission's auto setting to 13 and tweaked the LSD a bit, and now it's fantastic. It's amazing for braking drifts, and catches easily at the exits for smooth exits at FAST speeds. I highly recommend EVERYONE try out these settings, as this car is VERY fun and VERY fast (e-brake is even pretty helpful sometimes in this car, just to extend a drift if you're doing show drifts instead of racing drifts).

Parts You Need To Buy
Best of everything. Max HP and max customization. I put a wing on mine because they look half way decent on the S13 coupe, it's not neccessary but do what you like. You need 419 HP, Weight Reduction Stage 3, and a rollcage. Oh, and as usual you need Medium and Hard Racing Tires.

Settings

Brake Balance - 3/15
Springs - 12/9
Ride Height - 100/100
Shocks - 8/8 bound and 8/8 rebound
Camber - 4/2
Stabs - 5/3
Transmission - Auto 13
LSD - 20/40/20
Downforce - 30/10
Tires - Medium Front, Hard Rear (hahahaha)

My fastest lap time with these settings on Trial Mountain was 1:29.602, 3/4ths of a second slower than my 581 HP NISMO GT-R LM Road Going Version. Not much explanation needed for this car, take it to your favorite track in photomode, you'll definitely want to take pictures :sly:

Here's my drift setting for the D1 FC3S. I'm not sure if I have everything set up correctly but my car still feels funny on the turns, or when going sidways.

Mazda BP Falken RX-7 (D1 GP)

Tires: F Sports Soft/R Sports Medium
Brake Balance: F 18/R 20

Spring Rate: F 10.0/R 12.0
Ride Height: Lowest as possible front and rear
Shock Bound: I don't know what to do with it yet so I left it F 8/R 8 same with Rebound

Camber: F 5.0/R 4.0
Toe: F 1/R -1
Stabilizers: F 7/R 7

ASM(OS): 0
ASM(US): 0
TCS: 0

Limited Slip

IT: R 40
LSA: R 30
LSD: R 40

could someone also test this out if you can, the settings are totally different from GT3, i'm still not use to it.

MadDogDrifter
Here's my drift setting for the D1 FC3S. I'm not sure if I have everything set up correctly but my car still feels funny on the turns, or when going sidways.

May i suggest using the same tires front and back
you will notice the car is more balanced

my bad about making a new topic...is this topic pinned?

anywho the settings feels weird, i mean it would turn but then slide off the road, and if i don't slide of the track it would spinout. Plus changed it by a lot by following this "Slide Setting" on gamefags, and it made it worst, i mean the car slides and all but then no power to the rear tires, plus i did a little changing myself and the car still feels weird. It just won't drift/slide.

Edit: i did change the tires to both medium front and rear

yeah, you should use the same tires.

it makes you use the settings on your suspension properly. people often say how well their car goes sideways. "but there tires mask their bad set up" as they can't get it to handle the way they want, just chuck on stickier tires on the front.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII GSR:

Parts to buy:
-Racing Exhaust
-Racing Brakes Kit
-Brake Controller
-Transmission Fully Customizeable
-Triple Clutch
-Variable LSD
-AYC LSD
-Carbon Driveshaft
-Stage 2 Turbo
-Fully Customizeable Suspension
-All upgrades from "Other" parts (including stage 3 weight reduction for example)
-N1 tyres

Settings: front/rear
-Brake Balance: 6/19
-Spring rate: 6,5/5,0
-Ride height 98/98
-Damper bounce: 7/7
-Damper rebounce: 7/7
-Chamber Angle: 3,0/2,0
-Toe: 0/0
-Stabilizers: 2/2
-Transmission: nothing really Auto=default(10)
-Driving Asists: 0 except for ASM understeer wich is: 9
-LSD: (only front, rear is not available) initial:20
-LSD: ( " " " ) accel:36
-LSD: ( " " " ) decel:27
-AYC: 110
-VCD: 20 (I'm currently using 35 at these settings here though)
-Weight Balance: ballast weight: 17
-Weight Balance: Front/Rear Balance: 50

This is it, if you use VCD here on 20, you have to countesteer more but get much longer drifts (I've only noticed myself, it isn't a fact) but if you use VCD here on 35, it's just different, try both:D

ER34 D1GP skyline

buy the following ,

weight reduction level 1
fully customisable suspension
fully customisable gearbox ( cant remember if the car comes with it )

Suspension

spring rate : F 6.5 R MAX
ride height : F 5 from bottom R 10 from bottom
damper settings : ALL DAMPER SETTINGS TO 1
camber angle : F 0.5 R 0.0
stabelisers : F 2 R 2

Tyres

F sports medium R sports medium

Driving Aids

Over ASM : 0
Under ASM : 5
TCS : 2-3

thats it i think , i'll chack it again and change is if im wrong .

its a pretty good setting , but when i counter steer i shoot out the opposite direction and spin out :irked: , if anyone can help with that it would be cool .
ive yet toy around t with the settings more , but if a get some better settings i'll throw them in .

:bowdown: Ken Nomura !

-Mojo-

Mojo D1 Dr1F70r
its a pretty good setting , but when i counter steer i shoot out the opposite direction and spin out :irked: , if anyone can help with that it would be cool .
ive yet toy around t with the settings more , but if a get some better settings i'll throw them in .

:bowdown: Ken Nomura !

-Mojo-

well...TCS is going to make sure your rear tires regain traction and is not ideal for a drift setup

I thought of this theory the other day as to why ASM Understeer is no good:
If your car is already sideways and you begin to countersteer, your ASM Understeer will kick in because your car thinks you want to turn in the opposite direction, and sort of automatically pull you out of the drift. Im not sure if this is true, maybe someone with better ASM knowledge can confirm or deny this..

I drift with no assists so i dont know

194GVan
well...TCS is going to make sure your rear tires regain traction and is not ideal for a drift setup

I thought of this theory the other day as to why ASM Understeer is no good:
If your car is already sideways and you begin to countersteer, your ASM Understeer will kick in because your car thinks you want to turn in the opposite direction, and sort of automatically pull you out of the drift. Im not sure if this is true, maybe someone with better ASM knowledge can confirm or deny this..

I drift with no assists so i dont know

that makes total since
i can definitly agree with that statement

'97 Camaro z28 Drift Setup.

-Need atleast 500bhp-
(You may or may not need this much power but it is what I run and reccomend. 527bhp)

Tires-Sports Front and Rear| [F]Soft [R]Medium
Brakes-Racing
Brake Controller- [F]9 [R]18

Suspension
Spring Rate- [F]6.8 [R]13.6
Ride Height- [F]105 [R]105
Shock Bound- [F]8 [R]6
Shock Rebound- [F]10 [R]8
Camber Angle- [F]4.0 [R]2.0
Toe Angle- [F]0 [R]0
Satbilizers- [F]3 [R]6

Transmission[/u
Full Customize
1st-2.996
2nd-2.030
3rd-1.488
4th-1.143
5th-0.927
6th-0.777
Final-3.420
Auto-11

Drivetrain
Full Customize Plus Limited Slip Full Customize
Racing Flywheel
3 Plate Clutch
Carbon Driveshaft
Limited Slip Settings
Initial Torque-18
Accel-40
Decel-20

All of these settings you can play with yourself to better suit your needs. Also TCS off just incase you did not know. Have fun Getting Sideways :D

Ive noticed alot of settings have been posted lately but first post (with all the links) has not been updated. I just wanted to make sure those who are posting their settings are sending a PM to TankSpanker with a link to your settings post. Make sure to tell him the Make and Model of your car along with the link. You can copy the link to your specific post by right clicking on the post number shown all the way up in the right hand corner of your post. Keep the settings coming 👍

194GVan
Ive noticed alot of settings have been posted lately but first post (with all the links) has not been updated. I just wanted to make sure those who are posting their settings are sending a PM to TankSpanker with a link to your settings post. Make sure to tell him the Make and Model of your car along with the link. You can copy the link to your specific post by right clicking on the post number shown all the way up in the right hand corner of your post. Keep the settings coming 👍

no no no, I read the thread, just had a busy couple days.
Was gonna update it yesterday, and then ended up away from my computer due to some RL stuff that went on.

got this request in my PM box:
Atenza
Hi,

Hope you can post drift settings for following cars:
Mazda RX-7 Savanna Infini III (FC)
Mazda RX-7 Savanna GT-X (FC)
Nissan 180X Type X (aka, 96 240SX)
Toyota MR2 G-Limited '97
Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV GSR
Nissan Skyline Vspec II (R32) '94

Much appreciated!

194GVan

My Apologies I was unaware how this worked I figured I post them up here and he would make the page via Copy/Paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back