The Old GT4 Drift Settings Depot - Permanently Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's what I have now. If some of the more seasoned drifters could try it out, that would be great. My biggest prob is wether my tecnique or tuning is worse(Both need work). I think this set up works allright I just need to work on my tecnique(I Hope)

Amuse S2000 R1

Parts:

Exhaust: Racing
Tuning: Stage 2
Engine balancing
Port & Polish
Race Chip
Tires: N2
Brakes Racing
Suspension Racing
Tansmission parts all racing/ full customize

Settings:

Brake Controller: 9/6

Suspension

Spring rate 10.9/11.3
Hight 80/80
Bound 7/6
Rebound 6/5
Camber 2.8/1.0
Toe 1/-1
Stabalizers 4/3

Transmission

Auto 7

No aids

LSD

Initial 42
Acc 28
Decell 30

Weight Balance

Ballast weight 10
Front rear Balance 6

I'll take any feedback good or bad!

Cizeta V16T

Parts Needed-----------------
-racing exaust
-economy tires (N1)
-brake controller
-suspension (semi or full racing)
-Fully Custom Transmission
-fully custom L.S.D
-stage 2 weight reduction

Suspension-----------------
Spring Rate: F- 9 R- 10
Ride Height: F- 98 R- 102
Shock Absorbers: F- 6 R- 6
Camber Angle: F- 2.0 R- 1.5

Driving Aides------------------
Oversteer: 0
Understeer: 6
TCS: 0

LSD----------------------
Initial Torque: 29
Acceleration: 40
Deceleration: 20

***Transmission Autoset Around 8***

**NOTE**
Just use the hand brake right before a turn, and try to get the back end to kick out. You will know when its out because it will go from a slight skid to a big slide. It may seem like Im giving advice about drifting that everyone already knows, but its a lot different than what you think with this weird car..

SSVelle
**NOTE**
Try using the normal brakes as little as possible because they really really suck and cause lots of understeer, and if you set the understeer aide higher it messes up everything.

Just use the hand brake right before a turn, and try to get the back end to kick out. You will know when its out because it will go from a slight skid to a big slide. It may seem like Im giving advice about drifting that everyone already knows, but its a lot different than what you think with this weird car..

try fiddling with the spring rates to reduce the understeer
set them to something like 14 | 9 or so and see if it gets any easier to initiate drift with. That is...if your semi-racing suspension will allow it. Don't be excessively shy with that camber either. I admit that I hop on alot of people for being too generous with it, but I think this car might do better with it set at 2.2 | 1.0 or so. This might give the front a greater contact area as you steer in to turn.

(i havent tried the settings, these are just thoughts i got from looking them over)

TankSpanker
try fiddling with the spring rates to reduce the understeer
set them to something like 14 | 9 or so and see if it gets any easier to initiate drift with. That is...if your sport suspension will allow it. Don't be excessively shy with that camber either. I admit that I hop on alot of people for being too generous with it, but I think this car might do better with it set at 2.2 | 1.0 or so. This might give the front a greater contact area as you steer in to turn.

(i havent tried the settings, these are just thoughts i got from looking them over)

Thanks for the advice :) Ill try it in a bit and say how it went..

1995 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ (FD)

• Parts to get:
    Racing exhaust
    All engine mods
    No turbo kit
    Racing intercooler
    All drivetrain mods, including full LSD
    Racing brakes
    Brake controller
    Original or Racing suspension
    Stage 3 weight reduction
    Rigidity refresh
    N2 tires (or user's choice)
    Wing
    Oil change :dopey:

Basically, get everything but the stiffening. 347 PS seems plenty for this car.
Also, make sure you get a black one, and keep the stock rims 👍

• The settings (Front / Rear):
    Springs: 8.5 / 7.5
    Height: 100 / 105
    Damper: 7 / 5 (Original)
    Camber: 3.5 / 0.5
    Toe: 0 / -1
    Stabilizer: 3 / 1

Brakes: 3 / 12

LSD (snappy "bambi on ice" settings): 50/50/15
    LSD (smoother settings): 20/40/13

Downforce: 8/0

Aids: Off

These settings will give very eager turn-in (liftoff.. feint is almost scary in this car) and ease-of-use for the d-pad users out there, with minimal countersteering needed.

Hey TankSpanker, I adjusted the Cizeta a bit and it works a lot better. I edited my post so the settings are correct. You can put it on the main post whenever you want..

HammerShot
Well here's what I have now. If some of the more seasoned drifters could try it out, that would be great. My biggest prob is wether my tecnique or tuning is worse(Both need work). I think this set up works allright I just need to work on my tecnique(I Hope)

Amuse S2000 R1

Exhaust: Racing
Tuning: Stage 2
Tires: N3
Brake Controller: 9/6

Suspension

Spring rate 10.9/11.3
Hight 64/65
Bound 7/6
Rebound 8/7
Camber 2.8/1.0
Toe 1/-1
Stabalizers 4/3

Transmission

Auto 7

No aids

LSD

Initial 42
Acc 28
Decell 30

I'll take any feedback good or bad!
well i made my way over to the tuner village, hopped into a brand new shiney red R1 Amuse, immediatelly headed to the tune shop... and came up with this after drifting it around a little...

the 'drifting' was really no drifting... N3 tires along with your stiff suspension in the back make it more suited for grip racing... unless i yanked the e-brake on every turn a drift wasn't going to happen by just fainting it... i drift a amuse s2000 street version (settings are a page up), and stock and with less power than this car it loses grip a lot faster etc.

another problem is that the n3 tires have too much grip... so even when you do go into a drift, if you countersteer whatsoever you will find your self snap-spinning because they gain grip insanely fast.

i'll post up my settings for this car in a few minutes... so give them a try :)

this must be the longest reply i ever made on this forum

For some reason I can't get that R1 to drift well even when i absolutely butcher the suspension up so that it's light as heck on the back... :grumpy:

Try drifting just the street version (costs 3 times less), and is pretty good stock.
slo-car
Amuse S2000 Street Version

Upgrades:
N1 Tires

Settings:
Suspension:
Ride Height: 80/80
Shock Absorbers: 5/3
Camber Angle: 1.3/2.2

Driving Aids: Off

Thanks for help slo. I used some of the things you said last night and did some fine tuning. The biggest effect was giving her a little more Booty. I have always been a serious Grip driver, these settings are an obvious sign. So in other words normal drifters may not like this setting because it is similar to grip driving, but I know what points I need to use to make it drift. I am extreamly comfortable now, I can already see my tecnique improving within the last 24 hrs. I still have a long road ahead...

Also I set up a Sileighty according to Tankspankers soft setting. I like that alot, It helped me understand what I needed to do. She drifted like butter. Thanks for the nice setup Tank. :dopey:

Hi guys i was fiddling around with my amuse s2000 gt1 and after a lot of fidling i have made the best drifting build i have ever done on all gt games i am so impressed with this set up that i had to share it with u guys. no bs this build is the don.i built this cos i was getting bored of slow drifting so after 3 days of testing here it is.
Warning this build is for aggresive drivers who like to hit the apex hard and fast so take in to account that this will be no good if u slow down alot for your drifts.

car:Amuse s2000 gt1

Parts:
1: after purchase apply oil change before anything else
2: Exhaust-Racing
3: chip-none
4: Na tune-up-none
5: tyre type:Front-sports medium Back-sports hard
6: Nos:-100
7: Turbine kit-Stage 3
8: intercooler-none
9: supercharger-none
10: Brakes-normal
11: brake balance controller-front-6 back-6
12: suspension-racing
Clutch: standard
flywheel: standard
Propeller shaft: none

Settings:

spring rate-front-8.1 back-7.4
ride hieght-front-60 back-60
damper bounce-front-6 back-6
damper rebound-front-9 back-9
camber angle-front-4.5 back-2.5
toe angle-front-0 back-0
stabiliser-front-2 back-2
Transmission:fully customisable
gear ratio settings
auto settings-7
1st gear-3.695
2nd gear-2.572
3rd gear-1.920
4th gear-1.503
5th gear-1.232
6th gear-1.049
final-3.800
Note always set auto first before adjusting seperate gears.

Driving aids settings-note theese settings are optional.
asm oversteer-0
asm understeer-10
tcs controller-2
downforce: standard

LSD settings
initial tourqe-5
lsd acceleration-50
lsd deceleration-20

ayc controller: standard
variable center diff. controller: standard
wieght balance settings
ballast wieght-0
front rear ballance- -20

special note tunnig was disigned for this car and this car alone however i have not tryd theese settings with any orther cars yet so if any one wants to try it feel free but there is no garantee that it will be as affective as it is in the s2000.
If any one wants to improve maybe or finds a better setting please leave a thread and let orther drifters no whats the changeand how to apply it.
ps some feed back would be nice. regards $u!$l!d3

I got a question, i saw alot of setting with brake balance the opposite from a real life normal car. normal real life car as far as i know is about 70% front and 24% rear. when i'm trying to setup my car, i try to keep it around real life car.
I saw few setting with very low front brake and very high brake balance rear, i guess that will make drift so much easier but that seem unrealistic and with very low front brake and high rear brake isn't that make it almost the same like e-brake? Im just confused with some of the settings out there.

EDIT:
so far, i use brake to move the weight to front so i can have less traction at rear and make it spin, in GT4 i find weight shifting way more sensitive compared to GT3. by putting rear brake really high, instead of using weight shifting, it's more like locking the rear wheel am i right? and thats just like e-brake.

Trueno86GTV
I saw few setting with very low front brake and very high brake balance rear, i guess that will make drift so much easier but that seem unrealistic and with very low front brake and high rear brake isn't that make it almost the same like e-brake? Im just confused with some of the settings out there.

good question trueno86gtv - though i think it should be discussed elsewhere. Lets keep this place clean for posting and suggesting settings.

there is a thread dedicated to this discussion - but its been shuffled back a few pages. I hope you can find your answers there.
here's the link: Bass-Ackwards Braking Works

good luck!
post in that thread and bring it back to the top of the forum if anything is still unclear.

btw, thread updated

Im working on the 1970 Chevelle SS...but it still needs some work..it is awesome to me, but to some people it probably wont be that great with the angles, so ill work on it. Ill post the stup tommorow..oor sometime..

Anyone care to get the settings for an Eagle Talon? I know its the American Eclipse, but I dont know how to set up a fwd car.

so true..............the better car will not always win............its is the combination of a great car and a great driver

I have requested settings before for the '05 M5, I love this car, it's amazing in real-life, and somewhat in GT4.

I put a sweet ass White Spoiler on it, and Some Gun Metal Grey BBS Rims. (I've seen an M5 just like it in real life)

As far as upgrades, post what you think is best for it, I got the money to upgrade, I just need some settings for it. I'm not too great at making any drift settings.

I would love to get a drift setup for the following cars

Amuse Carbon R (r34)
Chevy Vette Grand Sport
Lexus is200
Nissan 350z gt4 LE
Toyota Celica xx2800 GT
Honda NSX-R Concept
VW Beetle 1100 Standard
RE Amemiya RX7 (JGTC)

When I get home tonight im going to see if maybe the setup from the Blitz R34 will work with the carbon R. If someone can hit me up with one that be great if not I guess ill keep twiking till I get a good one to post :crazy: . Thanks

I can't drit for beans in GT4. I used to play GT3 and use my favorite car, the 86 Shigeno Version... Slapped racing mediums on and the best I got was 1:28 on Trial Mountain... I would use sims to pull drifts through out the course. But, when I got GT4, all hell broke loose... I can't drift for beans... By the way, I'm using a DS2... Any suggestions?

-Aaron

ome
I can't drit for beans in GT4. I used to play GT3 and use my favorite car, the 86 Shigeno Version... Slapped racing mediums on and the best I got was 1:28 on Trial Mountain... I would use sims to pull drifts through out the course. But, when I got GT4, all hell broke loose... I can't drift for beans... By the way, I'm using a DS2... Any suggestions?

-Aaron

welcome to the boards, a suggestion would be practice. its the new physics engine. i had the same problem when i started playing GT4, but after a few days of practice i was able to get it down.

updated

lots of new requests, not much goin in the way of new settings though...
maybe i'll take a run at a few of the more popular choices...i'll see what i can do with my spare time.

Would someone please post drift settings for the 350z. Not any of the special versions, just the base 350z or 350z wheel option. This is the car I drive in real life, a blue track model, and I would love to drift it in a game where nobody gets hurt.

Also has anyone noticed the bug where if you outfit a 350z wheel option with a turbo, the game will freeze when loading tracks. This is frustrating not being able to drive my car as it is in the game. It is not my copy because I returned it twice.

Anyways thanks for the 350z drift settings whoever replys

-edit- hhhahaha opps i cant believe i forgot it, but the settings are for a Toyota '90 Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R. sorry once again.

i just got finish testin this one out and find it quite nice but u will get a little wheel spin if u shift to early.

what you need:
Racing Exhaust
Racing Brake
Brake Controller
Port and Polish
Chip
Engine Balance
close transmission
triple plate clutch
Racing Flywheel
Carbon Drive Shaft
full lsd or 2-way (either way works, but i pefer 2-way)
stage 2 turbo
racing intercooler
racing suspension

what you need to do:
Settings: F/R
tires: n2/n2
brake setting: 9/24
Spring Rate: 15.4/7.8
Ride Height: 95/105
Bound: 8/4
Rebound:8/4
Camber Angle: 2.0/1.0
Toe Angle: 0/0
Stablizers: 3/4

all aids off

ill edit this post with my NSX-R concept settings. watching a replay at the moment.
ok here they are
Fully moded suspension, lsd, drivetrain, brakes, Stage 2 lightweight, chassis refresh
Power-316 hp(race exhaust, sports chip)
Tire-N2's
Suspension
11.6/9.4
88/88
3/3
8/8
3.4/1
0/0
1/1
Stock Transmission
LSD
20/40/30
Brakes
3/3 or 8/18
Driving Aids off
NOTE: this setups is suited for me, this may not suite your tastes, but its worth a shot, right?

Drifter5's settings are for the '90 Supra 2.5GT Twin Turbo R

attn: Drifter5
would you please edit your post to include the car make and model. I'm sure its just an innocent oversight, but theres no need to confuse people here where it can be avoided.

thanks
👍

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back